Pages:
Author

Topic: 500 BTC BOUNTY FOR OPENSOURCE BITSTREAM THAT IS FASTER THAN TML *STILL OPEN* (Read 8558 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 13
So you ask why I am not doing disclosure for 400-150=250 BTC ? :-) quite ridiculous - I can just wait few days and get these 250 BTC :-) Why I have to bother with this deal at all ? Especially in its original sense where cablepair wants finished bitstream for these boards ? ;-)

And why do you think I may want to increase profits for those sparan-chip owners ? What is the reason ? If you find - I want vice-versa - who will increase my profits for free ? :-)) I really would appreciate :-) I have 200 gh/s and want very much 1.5 x profit improvement RIGHT NOW!!!!
Please please help :-)))))))) for free of course :-))) So I'll get all of profit from your help Smiley WAITING ..... :-)

tbh, do you reckon it will work on those boards? is it different to the one we were talking about?  I wish tom had talked to you guys about the asic design... tbh it would even be worth him giving you 15%+ for help.

I have to say, as much as bitfury is teasing everyone, he is the real deal... and if he says he can do this, he can do it. he is also a pretty stand up guy.

I have been away for a while and thought I would see what you are upto mr fury Smiley didnt read the rest of the thread only his last post. sorry if this has been already covered.

have fun.

steve

EDIT: maybe you have been gone as long as I - next time I will check the post dates. Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
this has nothing to do with ASIC and yes one of the requirements of the bounty is that the bitstream must be open source.

My sole purpose for this bounty was to give my FPGA customers a boost and help them out in profitability for the last couple months before ASICs ship.

However if this bounty is not collected soon I will probably close it because it will just be too close to ASIC deployment and there will be no point

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
what everyone fails to note is a bitstream can build a asic lol best bitstream builds fastest Asic..... just saying for those who do not know how that works. There are places that will copy FPGA = ASIC but is supposed to be 10-25% faster and 60% cheaper. So if you do make a bitstream make sure it is public!

FPGA -> ASIC is not really the most efficient process.  And its only cheaper in HUGE quantities.

I don't see how this is relevant to the topic at hand, though.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
what everyone fails to note is a bitstream can build a asic lol best bitstream builds fastest Asic..... just saying for those who do not know how that works. There are places that will copy FPGA = ASIC but is supposed to be 10-25% faster and 60% cheaper. So if you do make a bitstream make sure it is public!
legendary
bounty has been upped

500 BTC BOUNTY OFFERED FOR OPEN SOURCE BITSTREAM THAT IS FASTER THAN TML

STILL OPEN

Requirements:

Must Make Each Spartan-6 Mine at a stable 250Mh/s or higher
Must be compatible with BFGMiner
MUST BE OPENSOURCE
Must work with ModMiner Quad before Bounty is paid

email [email protected]

thanks!
Apparently the 1Gh/s core wont be ready for another week or so. (sorry im as disappointed as you are)

So the Bounty is Still open.

legendary
Well, I'm glad that this is done. No more TML craziness. Pool TML guys... could have made a few bucks. lol.
Activity: 448
This was a great Idea glad the something came from it.
Activity: 473
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
cablepairs website down?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Hey Tom, can you make sure you make the bounty address public? I don't know about the other posters that posted about the bounty, but I want to add the meagre 4BTC that I promised.
Yeah and the Bitstream is being made compatible with our current protocols so it will just be dropped into BFGMiner instead of our current Bitstream

all end users will have to do is upgrade to the newest BFGMiner and they will see speed increases up to 1Gh/s per board Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
This bounty is basically already claimed , the bitstream is nearly completed and will be available to mod miner quad owners next week.

SWEET!
This bounty is basically already claimed , the bitstream is nearly completed and will be available to mod miner quad owners next week.
staff
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419
I wonder if it would be beneficial to throw the 400(+ ?) BTC bounty into one bitcoin address visible by the community.
Personally, I wish I had the time to devote to this project.

Or into a multisig escrow.  If people are interested in that I can help set it up, and would be willing to act as an arbitrator for its disbursement.
legendary
I wonder if it would be beneficial to throw the 400(+ ?) BTC bounty into one bitcoin address visible by the community.

Personally, I wish I had the time to devote to this project.

I don't even have any FPGAs ATM, nor have I ever had any spartans. I just find it interesting that you would NOT release your bitstream for upwards of a 500BTC bounty, while still continuing to mine.

He's an elitist, he wants to have something that other people have so he has a "leg-up" on everyone else, rather than contributing to the community, making it better, AND getting paid for it on top of it all. That's fine, it's his prerogative as the creator of his particular piece of software.
legendary
Activity: 952
Current network average is about 20.5 Th/s - so added 0.35 - 0.56 Th/s would make +2.4% to 2.7% difficulty increase alone with such disclosure.
Which will cut also directly income from my existing installations of 300 Gh/s - that's DIRECT losses of 150 BTC to end of year :-) So in your offer component it can be reduced. Why I have to help competitors there ?
Then - gained income from today to end of year by Spartan owners by using this bitstream would be in range of 8'000 BTC to 14'000 BTC aggregated. So my offer of 1'500 BTC to 3'000 BTC looks like small share of it. And of course it will drop to zero once gain will be neglible at all and not revenues will be made from board sales anymore + people invest into backwards ASICs masksets.
So let me get this straight: you've developed a bitstream for those Spartans, but you don't want to release it because if everyone else uses your bitstream, they (customers who bought Spartans) will gain between 8000-14000 BTC (your numbers) over the next 3 months, but drive the difficulty ~2.5% up in the process. In the process, you would lose ~150BTC from the increase in difficulty.

Umm, if you've been promised > 400BTC for releasing your bitstream, then why are you so concerned about losing 150BTC in mining?
So you ask why I am not doing disclosure for 400-150=250 BTC ? :-) quite ridiculous - I can just wait few days and get these 250 BTC :-) Why I have to bother with this deal at all ? Especially in its original sense where cablepair wants finished bitstream for these boards ? ;-)

And why do you think I may want to increase profits for those sparan-chip owners ? What is the reason ? If you find - I want vice-versa - who will increase my profits for free ? :-)) I really would appreciate :-) I have 200 gh/s and want very much 1.5 x profit improvement RIGHT NOW!!!!
Please please help :-)))))))) for free of course :-))) So I'll get all of profit from your help Smiley WAITING ..... :-)
I don't even have any FPGAs ATM, nor have I ever had any spartans. I just find it interesting that you would NOT release your bitstream for upwards of a 500BTC bounty, while still continuing to mine.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
Current network average is about 20.5 Th/s - so added 0.35 - 0.56 Th/s would make +2.4% to 2.7% difficulty increase alone with such disclosure.
Which will cut also directly income from my existing installations of 300 Gh/s - that's DIRECT losses of 150 BTC to end of year :-) So in your offer component it can be reduced. Why I have to help competitors there ?

Then - gained income from today to end of year by Spartan owners by using this bitstream would be in range of 8'000 BTC to 14'000 BTC aggregated. So my offer of 1'500 BTC to 3'000 BTC looks like small share of it. And of course it will drop to zero once gain will be neglible at all and not revenues will be made from board sales anymore + people invest into backwards ASICs masksets.

So let me get this straight: you've developed a bitstream for those Spartans, but you don't want to release it because if everyone else uses your bitstream, they (customers who bought Spartans) will gain between 8000-14000 BTC (your numbers) over the next 3 months, but drive the difficulty ~2.5% up in the process. In the process, you would lose ~150BTC from the increase in difficulty.

Umm, if you've been promised > 400BTC for releasing your bitstream, then why are you so concerned about losing 150BTC in mining?

Pages:
Jump to: