Pages:
Author

Topic: [500 GH/s]HHTT -Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor - page 22. (Read 56478 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
So if I have a 60ghash ASIC I am going to get through the Nonce range in 1/15 secs. So even rolling time forward it is going to need to have 15 getwork connections in parallel?

So although I can pump up the difficulty so do not have to send you too much traffic need a lot of connects to run all the getworks?

I had my fiance read about stratum to me in the car on the way home yesterday.  She wasn't very pleased about that.  Anyways, it sounds like the time rolling wasn't as flexible as I thought it was.

I'm looking into spinning up a stratum node now.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Fireduck, since Avalon ASICs have arrived, and I hope BFL won't be far behind, you may need to link your fees to the total network hashrate or even network difficulty as well as pool difficulty. I can't imagine ASIC miners will do anything other than use very high difficulty submissions so your fees may be insufficient to act as a reward buffer.
Activity: 438
Merit: 291
So if I have a 60ghash ASIC I am going to get through the Nonce range in 1/15 secs. So even rolling time forward it is going to need to have 15 getwork connections in parallel?

So although I can pump up the difficulty so do not have to send you too much traffic need a lot of connects to run all the getworks?

How do you expect ASICS to work with your pool? Do we need Stratum or just bump up the difficulty?

I expect they will work fine just cranking the difficulty.  From what I've read, the Avalon units are based on a recent cgminer and BFL units (at least the Singles and hot peppers) will be USB so the user can use existing mining software (like cgminer).  So I don't expect any problems.

If there are problems, I'll be happy to work with miners to solve them.  I don't support Stratum yet but if that ends up being needed or a good idea I can see doing that work.

I should really check my changes to pushpool into a branch and sync it up to the head sometime soon.
I seem unable to add new Metrics.

Go to page, enter details press add and get error:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)

Sorry about that, I missed that page in the migration to cloudfront.  If you try again in a few minutes (make sure to refresh metrics.php) it should work.

Thanks all working nicely...

How do you expect ASICS to work with your pool? Do we need Stratum or just bump up the difficulty?
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
that 13.6m crushes my old record of 8.5

ERROR

Sorry about that, I missed that page in the migration to cloudfront.  If you try again in a few minutes (make sure to refresh metrics.php) it should work.

ERROR

fireduck,

pool (site at least) went poof...

Code:
We at. (Just not right now.)

spiccioli

The pool keeps accepting shares, though. It has accepted six 999-difficulty shares from me in the meantime. I cannot say if it keeps on paying (I'll know it in a few hours).

It will, the website is just a view portal.  I'm working on it.
Lem
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
fireduck,

Code:

spiccioli

The pool keeps accepting shares, though. It has accepted six 999-difficulty shares from me in the meantime. I cannot say if it keeps on paying (I'll know it in a few hours).
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
fireduck,

Code:

spiccioli
holy craps, something amazing appears to have happened

Heh.  I put some more weasels in the fire.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
holy craps, something amazing appears to have happened
legendary
nec sine labore
Diff256 worked OK with my mini-rig while I was here

So you left... can I ask you where are you mining now?

spiccioli
legendary
Activity: 1666
Diff256 worked OK with my mini-rig while I was here

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
True, but either they are solomining or already have a history with other pools, and don't want to change? I've always liked the idea of higher diff shares, but I doubt my rigs could chew through them effectively.
legendary
nec sine labore
to get the real advantage of the pool, one would have to go with 32 or higher difficulty shares. With higher diff shares, there is a larger variance for the miner. I believe pools like this will become popular once the higher hashrate hardware makes it onto the scene.

purelithium,

there should be plenty of miners with enough power to mine at 64-256 difficulty.

Think about all those miners with a minirig, for example.

spiccioli.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
to get the real advantage of the pool, one would have to go with 32 or higher difficulty shares. With higher diff shares, there is a larger variance for the miner. I believe pools like this will become popular once the higher hashrate hardware makes it onto the scene.
legendary
nec sine labore
Good to know! Smiley

Now, the real problem to address becomes: why does the pool with the lowest PPS fees have so little users?

spiccioli
It seems we sucked up all the monies ...  Shocked

spiccioli.

There is still about 50 BTC.  Blockchain.info is just down so it is showing up as zero.
Pages:
Jump to: