Pages:
Author

Topic: [500 GH/s]HHTT -Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor - page 23. (Read 56478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
It seems we sucked up all the monies ...  Shocked

spiccioli.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
I've added a way to publish mining rates to AWS Cloudwatch so that users can set their own alarms as desired.

http://hhtt.1209k.com/metrics.php

No one likes my metrics feature.  I guess I'll go eat worms.

i've been monitoring by just reloading the web page every hour or so and have diff difficulties set on all cards =p
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
I've added a way to publish mining rates to AWS Cloudwatch so that users can set their own alarms as desired.

No one likes my metrics feature.  I guess I'll go eat worms.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Yay!!! I found a block. Only the second one ever that I have noticed.

Good work!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Yay!!! I found a block. Only the second one ever that I have noticed.
I've added JSON user data pages.  Example:

http://hhtt.1209k.com/user-details-json.php?user=1FdKhHttWiwq6Wip1BBJG1f6ffD8pWYFiE

There is a 'JSON' link on the regular user-details page.

I've also put more Bitcoins in the pool.
Fireduck should increase the fees until he is back in the black. Put it up to 5 percent for a month. I'll pay it.
Just set your difficulty to 8 (5%) or 16 (3%). Easy.

Sorry, that's not the same - that costs him processing power and network traffic on his AWS server.

Yeah, the traffic isn't much and I was already paying for the server.  The RDS instance I setup for it is costing me a bit but I'm not worried about it.
Pool funds are getting very low and I know FD has already reloaded it once with 200 BTC.  I fear this is going away  Cry

I have more bitcoins but I'll have to think about it before I dump in more of my savings.  I am conflicted.

Activity: 591
Merit: 500
Sorry, that's not the same - that costs him processing power and network traffic on his AWS server.
Which he's probably already paying for. It's not like he's dealing with hundreds of GH/s.
Activity: 481
Fireduck should increase the fees until he is back in the black. Put it up to 5 percent for a month. I'll pay it.

Activity: 591
Activity: 634

Well let's not get crazy here!

I'd pay 4.9% to get the pool back up on it's feet.
Activity: 481
legendary
Found another block -- and i stupidly quit solo mining as I feared I wouldn't find a block before the reward halving  Wink

Sadly we need to find many more to get FD close to even and with the reward halving this might be a hole you cannot recover from...
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
365BTC in the red after 19 blocks is pretty horrific really...
legendary
Pool funds are getting very low and I know FD has already reloaded it once with 200 BTC.  I fear this is going away  Cry
Lem
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
Sorry, I see now that I didn't clearly answer your main question.

If you have just switched the difficulty, you can see a higher stale rate for a while: now you're submitting twice the shares (and so twice the stales) with regard to your history. Stales is a little number that can go up quickly, while total is a big number. So you can see your stale rate jump for a little while, but after a little time you should get back to your standard value (0.5%).

Example: my stale rate is 0.5%, give by stales/total: 50/10000. Now I go from 128 to 64 difficulty, and five blocks are found very quickly.
My stale rate is now (50+10+10+10+10+10)/(10000+500+300+400+300+500)=100/12000. But it won't last long.

donator
Activity: 543
Yes, but (1.5 nominal fee - 1.1 stales)% = 0.4% fee doesn't sound like it's sustainable for the pool.
Lem
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
After lowering the requested difficulty from 128 to 64 my stale rate went up from ~0.5% to ~1%. Does this make any sense?
Halving the requested difficulty you find and submit twice the shares in the same time. So if you submitted X shares in the "stale time", now you're submitting 2X shares in the "stale time" (of course X and 2X aren't exact values: we're speaking of averages). But now every share is worth (about) a half too.

The stales are always "prevhash-stale". Are those stales payed?
Sure. You can see it in your account page (please click on your bitcoin address in the main page), looking at the btc column: even if a share is prevhash-stale, nonetheless it is payed.
Obviously other types of rejected shares (for example duplicated shares) aren't paid - and you'd see 0.000000 in the btc column.

I'm wondering because paying stales would almost eat up my fee (1.5%).
Don't worry. The lower is your requested difficulty, the higher is the fee. So: if you lower the difficulty, the pool gains more, no matter what. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: