Pages:
Author

Topic: $50k to Invest - Convince Me! - page 2. (Read 9104 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 05, 2014, 06:43:11 PM
its better if you invest all of those 50k into mining gear
and mine btc!you will be reach!
This is very bad advice. Most miners will never ROI
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1028
The Best Tipster on the Forum!!
July 03, 2014, 04:58:11 PM
its better if you invest all of those 50k into mining gear
and mine btc!you will be reach!
Activity: 266
July 03, 2014, 04:43:21 PM
What's the rush? Dollar cost averaging over a long period of time to dispense the 50k into bitcoins sounds safer to me.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
July 02, 2014, 05:36:01 PM
The recent news out of Russia is good and to hold BTC would be smart. An recent review from the government is positve IMO.  From what I read they are waiting to see what more they can learn about BTC and feel it would not be wise to ban this type of currency.  Obviously things like Silk Road are mentioned buy that is the same with all curriencies.

To me it seems BTC is a potentially very good investment today and has proven to have been so in the past.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
July 02, 2014, 11:43:18 AM
Buy some bitcoin ATM machines and put them next to western union in California could be profitable.

The cost of regulation probably makes it way more expensive than 50k$ to get a single Bitcoin ATM in California, you have to be very rich to be able to live well in California because the taxes are huge

What was the price at the time this thread started vs right now? How much would the 50k be worth in todays prices?

Bitcoin went up quite a lot in the last 30 days. So, 50k worth back then would worth at least 60k USD in bitcoin today.

558$ in June 15, 658$ now so 50k$ worth of bitcoins back then would be 59k$ now
Activity: 235
Merit: 102
July 02, 2014, 10:41:19 AM
Buy some bitcoin ATM machines and put them next to western union in California could be profitable.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
July 02, 2014, 03:32:54 AM
What was the price at the time this thread started vs right now? How much would the 50k be worth in todays prices?

Bitcoin went up quite a lot in the last 30 days. So, 50k worth back then would worth at least 60k USD in bitcoin today.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
July 02, 2014, 03:30:12 AM
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
July 02, 2014, 02:41:01 AM
Don't put all your money into Bitcoin, look into promising altcoins. Bitcoin is software. If software is not being developed, it's eventually replaced by better software. Bitcoin has stagnated in its development.
July 02, 2014, 01:38:08 AM
buying at a dip is allways a nice idea.
my advice is to definetly buy bitcoin, but dont spend all 50k at once, start with 10k and get use to trading.

if bitcoin price dips to 500$ next few days, i would definetly buy, and same thing goes to litecoin under 9$
cheers

Too many good news coming out now for bitcoin price to dip. The Silk Road auction by the U.S. Marshals, bitcoin officially made legal in California, MaseterCard applying for bitcoin patents etc.
This is true for the long term, however it should be noted that over the short term there is a very good chance that bitcoin could fall.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
July 02, 2014, 12:27:49 AM
Why do you want to be convinced? Or are you just looking for an echo chamber? How about doing your research on your own and reaching your own conclusions?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 01, 2014, 11:43:32 PM
There's no time to convince you!
Buy quickly, as price is about to go up soon!

Then sell half at 4000$ and hodl the rest. Lucky you, with good money to invest at a good time Smiley
Activity: 363
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN
July 01, 2014, 11:43:21 PM
my advice is to definetly buy bitcoin, but dont spend all 50k at once, start with 10k and get use to trading.

if bitcoin price dips to 500$ next few days, i would definetly buy, and same thing goes to litecoin under 9$
cheers

Too many good news coming out now for bitcoin price to dip. The Silk Road auction by the U.S. Marshals, bitcoin officially made legal in California, MaseterCard applying for bitcoin patents etc.

And retail giant newegg and 1800 flowering about to accept bitcoin.
Activity: 191
July 01, 2014, 11:18:11 PM

cheers

July 01, 2014, 11:15:11 PM
I have just allocated some serious money and thinking about investing about $50k on bitcoin. Someone convince me why I should buy $50k worth of bitcoins right now!

This is the bull case: http://www.honestnode.com/bitcoin-fair-value-a-first-assessment/

Make your own judgments about how reasonable the assumptions are.

Good Info...I'm reading now...thanks
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
July 01, 2014, 10:47:31 PM
I have just allocated some serious money and thinking about investing about $50k on bitcoin. Someone convince me why I should buy $50k worth of bitcoins right now!

This is the bull case: http://www.honestnode.com/bitcoin-fair-value-a-first-assessment/

Make your own judgments about how reasonable the assumptions are.
July 01, 2014, 12:05:35 AM
if we have to convince you, dont do it please. buy a nice car or make holidays.

You should not be selfish, but give neutral advice.

Is Bitcoin a buy? Yes
Is Bitcoin a buy right now? Nobody knows, so buy over a long period, several times to average the price.

And buying a car or making holidays is not an investment, it's an expense.

he has to convince himself, otherwise it has no value and he doesnt understand bitcoin. dont listen to other people if you want to make an investment.
the OP should be attempting to learn more about Bitcoin and how it works rather then try to get people to convince him to invest. 
Activity: 224
VocalPlatform.com
June 30, 2014, 11:49:41 PM
the 20% remaining i would bet it intelligently in this World Cup 2014. Believe me you can easily have twice 50k by the end of this year.
It is a horrible idea to gamble money that you intend to invest. When you gamble you will either earn somewhat of a return or will lose everything for that bet. When you invest you have the possibility of earning a wide range of both positive and negative returns. It would be possible to lose your entire investment when you invest, however the chances of this are relatively low

Maybe yes, that's why i said intelligently: study matches, players, news, everything you can, ask for opinions; do not gamble, point with

finger or play just for crazy playing, invest. Of course it is a high risk investment, but in this life "if you don't risk you don't get rich"  Wink

Why not bet 50k on lottery then? The potential payout is even larger than what you have suggested here.

Watch the of ShakyhandsBTCer please...

That's why only the 20%, in fact only 10% should be good...
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
June 30, 2014, 09:57:22 PM
"If you don’t believe me or don’t get it, I don’t have time to try to convince you, sorry." - Satoshi Nakamoto, July 29, 2010
June 30, 2014, 07:54:48 PM
if we have to convince you, dont do it please. buy a nice car or make holidays.

I don't buy garbage that only depreciates.
Pages:
Jump to: