Pages:
Author

Topic: 50Ksol/s 620W, Innosilicon announces World Best Equihash Miner A9 ZMaster - page 3. (Read 3594 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 108
Innosilicon ASIC official representative
What is the offcial site?? There are 2 saying official seller :facepalm:

Hello thank you for your interest.

Innosilicon official website is http://www.innosilicon.com/html/product/index.html

Please be careful to check our website and confirm with #Innosilicon official sources before you pay.

Thank you.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
What is the offcial site?? There are 2 saying official seller :facepalm:
Activity: 2
Wow!Many thanks.I found it pretty impressive!Will explore further.
Activity: 36
How many here coughed up the usd9999 for one of these?

I have a few Antminers, nothing special, and none of them have paid off their purchase price yet (and probably never will unless one of the random coins gains value massively).

Sad
Activity: 1190
Merit: 641
Damn the numbers on this will surely change - ATM a 50k at 620watts is around 100 bucks a day.
This is the beginning of a big ol asic dash.... again
How long will this profit last? The algorithm X11 was the same. At first there were huge profits, then the asics began to work on paying for electricity.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
Damn the numbers on this will surely change - ATM a 50k at 620watts is around 100 bucks a day.
This is the beginning of a big ol asic dash.... again
copper member
Activity: 94
Merit: 12
BTC mining: Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+
Hello, Slush Pool here.

Has anyone tried this beast on our pool? Smiley We would really appreciate some feedback.

Either here or through our support system: https://support.slushpool.com/conversation/new

Thank you!

Will gladly test my unit when it arrives on monday. Only willing to dedicate ~20 min or so if the rejection rate is too high however. Will provide the logs though.

Sure! That should be enough.
Activity: 21
Merit: 1
Hello, Slush Pool here.

Has anyone tried this beast on our pool? Smiley We would really appreciate some feedback.

Either here or through our support system: https://support.slushpool.com/conversation/new

Thank you!

Will gladly test my unit when it arrives on monday. Only willing to dedicate ~20 min or so if the rejection rate is too high however. Will provide the logs though.
copper member
Activity: 94
Merit: 12
BTC mining: Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+
Hello, Slush Pool here.

Thank you!
Activity: 531
Merit: 29

Someone measured Z9 at about 380w at 15k, I did not, but mine runs at 54C, fan at 65%. So minimal heat or noise. And at current profit level power is pretty immaterial. It will become an issue much later in life, by then most coins may have already forked.

Edit: And there will be only a week's head start at max, I think, as Bitmain should be shipping rest very soon.

I have a hard time believing that a 50+% stable overclock results in only 380w @ the wall. That can't be good for the failure rate. You can't overlock inno miners, but they do release firmware updates.  The A9 website says ±6%. The Z9 minis variance was ±5 when announced. What's to say that the A9 doesn't have a lot more to give if Inno allows it?

The absolute soonest bitmain could start shipping these miners is on the 18th. The first few days of shipments would likely be the day 1-3 customers anyways. Realistically people who didn't order in the first few days won't see their miners for 2 weeks at the earliest. 3 weeks is a lot more likely. Their official shipping schedule is from june 20-30th. I'm guessing 1000 units a day which would confirm the rumors of a 10k units in batch 1.

I just checked, someone in Z9 thread measured it at 385w at 15k. And I have zero HW errors at 15-16k.

Now Bitmain's is promising a big update by 15th on Z9. My guess is that will ship everything in batch 1 by 20th, max. I think there is a reason why they pushed out few Z9s very early in late May, they were trying to get ahead of Inno A9 (publicly unknown at that point). And in the same light, my guess is everything gets out by 20th.

Leaving this aside, anyone with 5 batch 1 Z9s will hash at 75k at the same price point as A9, that's 50% more. Even a week or two advantage is not enough. I do agree that this argument is a bit mute as while ordering Z9 no one knew about A9, so its all hindsight in a way. But the this does not discount Inno's high pricing on A9 and tactics which they employed on D9s, pretty much a disaster for owners.

Edit: And don't discount a bigger Z9, not mini, being announced soon, hashing at 60k at $4000. Inno has only a month max to sell as many A9s it want at current price. Next revision will be to $3500 as soon as a bigger Z9 is announced.

Someone measured Z9 at about 380w at 15k, I did not, but mine runs at 54C, fan at 65%. So minimal heat or noise. And at current profit level power is pretty immaterial. It will become an issue much later in life, by then most coins may have already forked.

Edit: And there will be only a week's head start at max, I think, as Bitmain should be shipping rest very soon.

I have a hard time believing that a 50+% stable overclock results in only 380w @ the wall. That can't be good for the failure rate. You can't overlock inno miners, but they do release firmware updates.  The A9 website says ±6%. The Z9 minis variance was ±5 when announced. What's to say that the A9 doesn't have a lot more to give if Inno allows it?

The absolute soonest bitmain could start shipping these miners is on the 18th. The first few days of shipments would likely be the day 1-3 customers anyways. Realistically people who didn't order in the first few days won't see their miners for 2 weeks at the earliest. 3 weeks is a lot more likely. Their official shipping schedule is from june 20-30th. I'm guessing 1000 units a day which would confirm the rumors of a 10k units in batch 1.

You can over-clock 3 Z9 minis to 50kh/s. So compared to 3x Z9 s batch 1 at $6000, this one at $10000 is heavily overpriced.

At 1500+ watts, massive increase in db/heat, and a reduced lifespan, yes. The A9 is 650w + 3 week head start for the first, day 1 orders. This is coming from someone who has 4 z9 minis on the way. Also, it's very doubtful, but no one knows if they have contain enough memory for the upcoming 144 equihash parameter tweaks.

You can over-clock 3 Z9 minis to 50kh/s. So compared to 3x Z9 s batch 1 at $6000, this one at $10000 is heavily overpriced.

At 1500+ watts, massive increase in db/heat, and a reduced lifespan, yes. The A9 is 650w + 3 week head start for the first, day 1 orders. This is coming from someone who has 4 z9 minis on the way. Also, it's very doubtful, but no one knows if they have contain enough memory for the upcoming 144 equihash parameter tweaks.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
I am actually excited. 1 A9 will free up my 70 1080 Tis so they can mine Lyra2 on NH and 4 batch 1 Z9s will free up my 1070 army for mining something more profitable. These Nvidias were bought last year and they have paid themselves off several times already.

Kinda weird but I also purchased 4 batch 1 z9's and 1 A9 ZMaster. Great minds must think alike (I hope)? I'm feeling more confident about my A9 purchase and less so about the batch 1 z9's. Bitmain got caught completely flatfooted by the A9 announcement. I think their strategy with only shipping 77 units was so they could get those early customers to hype it up via forums/youtube/blogs so more people buy into batch #2 thinking they're going to be earning as much as the first 77 customers.

Their strategy completely backfired. I think they're rethinking things right now, after all the complaints, and A9 announcement. It also doesn't help when a lot of those first 77 units got into coin devs hands.  I doubt they will give more coupons or double miners for batch #1 customers. I'm guessing firmware update or faster shipping schedule is their only viable option.

You're probably forgetting about the price difference. Not many people are willing to shell out $10k for a single A9 that could be rendered useless instantly if devs decide to fork. Many people will still pick the Z9 because at $1.8k it is a more acceptable risk. It is not as efficient than the A9 but it is still better than buying a GPU rig. It seems like it's for more casual miners.

Besides, buying any of these outside of batch 1 is already a bad idea. Innosilicon is probably selling it now because they've mined enough to know profitability will soon tank.

I think Inno is basically hedging that fact. After Bitmain released their Equihash ASIC into the wild they knew that eventually some algos might fork.

Sure it would of been better just mining themselves but with a potential fork, they can sell some units and mine with other units.

Because after ZEC and BTG and other coins fork... who will buy their ASICS? Nobody.
Or it was the other way arround because inno could have minned with them like bitmain is doing now with their z9(regular version not minis)without anyone knowing that but came out with x5 faster asics probably trying to milk them untill the most of coins fork.Bitmain have z9 regular version for sure even Jihan twetted once about them how they will be about x4 faster then minis,anyway glad that there is battle beetweem this 2 so there isnt centralisation
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Did anyone receive a tracking number?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I am actually excited. 1 A9 will free up my 70 1080 Tis so they can mine Lyra2 on NH and 4 batch 1 Z9s will free up my 1070 army for mining something more profitable. These Nvidias were bought last year and they have paid themselves off several times already.

Kinda weird but I also purchased 4 batch 1 z9's and 1 A9 ZMaster. Great minds must think alike (I hope)? I'm feeling more confident about my A9 purchase and less so about the batch 1 z9's. Bitmain got caught completely flatfooted by the A9 announcement. I think their strategy with only shipping 77 units was so they could get those early customers to hype it up via forums/youtube/blogs so more people buy into batch #2 thinking they're going to be earning as much as the first 77 customers.

Their strategy completely backfired. I think they're rethinking things right now, after all the complaints, and A9 announcement. It also doesn't help when a lot of those first 77 units got into coin devs hands.  I doubt they will give more coupons or double miners for batch #1 customers. I'm guessing firmware update or faster shipping schedule is their only viable option.

You're probably forgetting about the price difference. Not many people are willing to shell out $10k for a single A9 that could be rendered useless instantly if devs decide to fork. Many people will still pick the Z9 because at $1.8k it is a more acceptable risk. It is not as efficient than the A9 but it is still better than buying a GPU rig. It seems like it's for more casual miners.

Besides, buying any of these outside of batch 1 is already a bad idea. Innosilicon is probably selling it now because they've mined enough to know profitability will soon tank.

I think Inno is basically hedging that fact. After Bitmain released their Equihash ASIC into the wild they knew that eventually some algos might fork.

Sure it would of been better just mining themselves but with a potential fork, they can sell some units and mine with other units.

Because after ZEC and BTG and other coins fork... who will buy their ASICS? Nobody.
Activity: 610
Merit: 265

Totally agree. Additionally, 10k for a single A9 is risker than $10k for 5x A9 minis each doing 10k sols because if it breaks the buyer is screwed.
copper member
Activity: 81
I love how less than 300ppl have bought these so far they thought "Lets throw in one of our overpriced unsaleable unit for free" but charge them $400 to ship it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282

Pages:
Jump to: