Pages:
Author

Topic: 50Ksol/s 620W, Innosilicon announces World Best Equihash Miner A9 ZMaster - page 4. (Read 3594 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
looks like equihash mining on GPU will be dead in few months  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Yeah, we can expect another forks, then you bought a vaporware again.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
You cant overclock a inno miner. Bitmain still has an advantage.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
I am actually excited. 1 A9 will free up my 70 1080 Tis so they can mine Lyra2 on NH and 4 batch 1 Z9s will free up my 1070 army for mining something more profitable. These Nvidias were bought last year and they have paid themselves off several times already.

Kinda weird but I also purchased 4 batch 1 z9's and 1 A9 ZMaster. Great minds must think alike (I hope)? I'm feeling more confident about my A9 purchase and less so about the batch 1 z9's. Bitmain got caught completely flatfooted by the A9 announcement. I think their strategy with only shipping 77 units was so they could get those early customers to hype it up via forums/youtube/blogs so more people buy into batch #2 thinking their going to be earning as much as the first 77 customers.

Their strategy completely backfired. I think they're rethinking things right now, after all the complaints, and A9 announcement. It also doesn't help when a lot of those first 77 units got into coin devs hands.  I doubt they will give more coupons or double miners for batch #1 customers. I'm guessing firmware update or faster shipping schedule is their only viable option.

That's actually weird, but I am glad. I am really disappointed with Bitmain. I was one of the first to order when there was no coupon use allowed but missed the first 77 shipment by 1.3 minutes. I asked if I could use $350 coupon post sale that is on my account, or if they could ship my Z9s early. Apparently Bitmain agreed to none and it seems like next shipment won't start until June 20. More power to A9 until then.
Activity: 21
Merit: 1
I am actually excited. 1 A9 will free up my 70 1080 Tis so they can mine Lyra2 on NH and 4 batch 1 Z9s will free up my 1070 army for mining something more profitable. These Nvidias were bought last year and they have paid themselves off several times already.

Kinda weird but I also purchased 4 batch 1 z9's and 1 A9 ZMaster. Great minds must think alike (I hope)? I'm feeling more confident about my A9 purchase and less so about the batch 1 z9's. Bitmain got caught completely flatfooted by the A9 announcement. I think their strategy with only shipping 77 units was so they could get those early customers to hype it up via forums/youtube/blogs so more people buy into batch #2 thinking they're going to be earning as much as the first 77 customers.

Their strategy completely backfired. I think they're rethinking things right now, after all the complaints, and A9 announcement. It also doesn't help when a lot of those first 77 units got into coin devs hands.  I doubt they will give more coupons or double miners for batch #1 customers. I'm guessing firmware update or faster shipping schedule is their only viable option.
I am impressed, just got a shipping notification 2 days after I placed my A9 order and an email to choose 1 free T2/A4+/S11/A5 and PSU, but shipping was a bit steep at $400 for both. On the other hand still waiting on Bitmain for a Z9 update.
Are not you afraid to buy this asic? The Equihash algorithm can repeat the path of the X11 algorithm. Most people in a couple of months have received machines that work only to pay for electricity.

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Its alright - they are all just mining on your Z9s right now - remember the article about them shipping miners with dust in them?
Yeahhhhh classic bitmain

LOL, they are just making sure that they work... They want all customers to have miners that have passed "extensive" burn in testing to ensure the quality of the product.  Cheesy
Activity: 1190
Merit: 641
I am impressed, just got a shipping notification 2 days after I placed my A9 order and an email to choose 1 free T2/A4+/S11/A5 and PSU, but shipping was a bit steep at $400 for both. On the other hand still waiting on Bitmain for a Z9 update.
Are not you afraid to buy this asic? The Equihash algorithm can repeat the path of the X11 algorithm. Most people in a couple of months have received machines that work only to pay for electricity.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
Its alright - they are all just mining on your Z9s right now - remember the article about them shipping miners with dust in them?
Yeahhhhh classic bitmain
Activity: 1190
Merit: 641
I'm sure that when by August-September the miners will get their asics and FPGA and launch them into work on these algorithms, there will be nothing to do with the 79хх and 280 series video cards.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
So I guess its thanks to these ASICs why I have had to switch over all my old lagacy Radeon 7950/7970/ R9 280X from Equihash to Cryptonite algo.

Basically in the past, CN was always paying like 30% less than ZEC. And ZEC usually used like 20-25% more power. Hence why I and many other people with these old ass cards kept on ZEC.

However due to these wonderful ASICs it doesn't make sense anymore to mine this algo because you get more with CN and it uses like 20-30% less power in doing so.

I am pretty sure the Nvidia people are feeling the same way.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4

A9 Zmaster 1st shippment under way, thank you customers! As a delightful surprise, anyone who bought A9 is entitled to a free T2 BTC or A4+ ltc or S11 sia or A5 x11 miners, you choose one model and let us know! Enjoy!

All customer on your company have buy d9 , don't trust you for take z9 . If you looking for customer make ROI , you can be have a lot of order .
When you understand that you can't be sell a lot of your asic. Because people have buy d9
and pay 7500 dollars for asic can't make ROI with that price . So customer have money to buy this asic don't want make same as D9.

for me thanks to d9 because now i invest in GPU
Activity: 243
Merit: 108
Innosilicon ASIC official representative

A9 Zmaster 1st shippment under way, thank you customers! As a delightful surprise, anyone who bought A9 is entitled to a free T2 BTC or A4+ ltc or S11 sia or A5 x11 miners, you choose one model and let us know! Enjoy!

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I am having my doubts there will be an ROI in the future for any equihash miners... looks like a X11 repeat of flooded market and coins that look poised to fork.  These miners need to be fpga's going forward so that they stay relevant.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 603
True ROI should be interesting since difficulty increases are rarely projected and factored in by manufacturers.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Not a fan with how Innosilicon deals with customer service, as evident in their previous threads also posted on this forum

The $10,000 price tag on this ASIC is steep and anyone buying it would be taking a HUGE risk. If equihash forks, thats $10k down the drain because Innosilicon will not care about you. They've made that clear with their poor after sales service. Just google some reviews, Innosilicon is BAD for business.
Activity: 243
Merit: 108
Innosilicon ASIC official representative
Powerful miner.. To bad about the MOQ.

Hello thank you for your comment. A9 is no MOQ, you can order what amount you want. Thank you~
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
I wish inno would start releasing miners that are actual competition to bitmain. Yes this is more efficient sols/watt but a $10k usd price is silly. Zero chance at break even for anyone other than those with the cheapest $.02-$.04/kwh power.

The only thing that matters is price/performance, efficiency and how quickly this thing will depreciate.

It's no difference, 10k sols at $2k, 50k sols at $10k or 100k sols at $20k.

High risk high reward. Alternatively you could wait. This miner should be available at $1.2k when it makes $5 a day in the future (like the A5 dashmaster).
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I wish inno would start releasing miners that are actual competition to bitmain. Yes this is more efficient sols/watt but a $10k usd price is silly. Zero chance at break even for anyone other than those with the cheapest $.02-$.04/kwh power.
Pages:
Jump to: