Pages:
Author

Topic: 51% attack on all altcoins since Feathercoin happening. - page 5. (Read 10953 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
And, oh yes, I think that is almost half of all Powercoins in existence in my wallet.  Waiting for my mates hash power to come online then on to the next coin.   Grin
Activity: 8
Excellent post, be sure to post it again outside of the noob ghetto.
Activity: 3
Time for some people to wake up.

I do want to say that while I am a big supporter of crypto's and am heavily invested in both Bitcoin and Litecoin, this is not why I'm doing this.  Not many seem to be catching on that almost all the latest alt-coins are being attacked, or are susceptible to a 51% attack - well here you go.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2potapi.jpg

For example Elacoin's blockchain has been longer than reported by the explorer for some time and no one has said a thing about it.  Without closely following a real-time explorer, you have no idea what's going on.

It's unbelievable how money is being thrown into coins that can be so easily attacked.  How can you feel safe investing in a coin (ie. Powercoin) that can be manipulated with less than 5 MH/s?  If you were using GPU's to do this, you would need less than 8x 7950's.  Lots of people have far more.

My personal advice is not to even think about investing in a coin with less than a 2-3 GH/s network hash rate.  I myself get nearly 200 MH/s on a good day, and collectively with my mates we can achieve nearly 1 GH/s.  I don't see any coins surviving unless everyone mining the latest alt-coins jump on one coin to secure it.  I see exchanges making some changes!

Cheers.

P.S. Let's see how many devs actually create a checkpoint now.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: