Pages:
Author

Topic: 56г (Read 280 times)

Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
November 09, 2021, 09:39:37 AM
And so it happened. When an unjustified risk with little collateral can provoke an extremely negative situation. So, on Saturday, I opened a short trade on the breakout of the local level, but the price, a little before reaching my limit order, reversed and already finally. I think 75,000 will come sooner than the price will come back. Moreover, there is only $ 6,000 left to the liquidation zone. And this is when the ATH is broken for the second time. There was also a strong reversal pattern on the 1D chart.

Why did I open this short? I really, to the last, hoped for a long squeeze before the start of the pump and was sure that we would go to the 58k zone one more time. So to speak, for the last time after the stops and the elimination of longs before going up. But the price calmly pushed off the level and flew rapidly upward.

This is the only solution to this problem:

If the price breaks this local uptrend now and goes to test the 63-65k zone, but I doubt it. I have a choice, or to fix losses, thereby saving the body of the deposit and even a little profit, it may even be possible to save at least 100% of the profit. Or, wait for the breakout of the local trend in the hope of a correction, which often happens after the ath breakout, because old coins move and are spent. But this is a very big risk, since you will have to lower the liquidation level, which is already close and there will be a high probability of losing even the initial investment.
November 06, 2021, 03:08:15 PM
This looks very much like Martingale

You are wrong. Martingale means raising rates until you win. There is no rate increase in my strategy, I always trade 1/20 of my deposit, and I replace stop losses with averaging. Where you saw the martingale there remained a mystery to me.
November 05, 2021, 03:20:10 PM
Well, I meant the race with the forum members and not the race against the members (you will accordingly be the leader of this marginal gang).  Cheesy

In addition, I did not mean that the launch should be done right now, I think at least it is worth waiting for the end of the 13th round, judging by the OP, [Then this experiment will be interested in much more than two or three people].

I would be happy to at least have a discussion with someone on the topic of margin trading, let alone race. There are even more margin traders in the Russian locale. Here I have already raised discussions on the topic of margin trading more than once, and few people comment on anything.

According to my observations, margin trading in this section is of little interest to anyone and very few people do it.
November 05, 2021, 03:05:57 PM
Cool thread, it reminded me LoyceV's / 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment. How about running a race with forum members? Let's say .... add a disclaimer, a little description of expectations or a link to this thread and rules in the spirit of those that were in LoyceV's thread, (and of course a pool for no more than 10 people). I will not look ahead, but for some reason it seems to me that if you are the pool leader, you will be able to look at margin trading from a new perspective. I will not speak for others, but I would definitely consider participating in this experiment if you suddenly want to experiment. Tongue

So far, such goals are not pursued. Still, the initial goal is to test certain risks, and not compete with someone. And I also have doubts about the number of participants, here at least 2-3 to find it will be great luck, not to mention 10.
November 01, 2021, 03:36:57 AM
Results of 4 weeks and 1st month:

4 WEEK:

Deposit:

Results for 4 weeks:

Account dynamics:

Table updated: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58208664

At the end of 1 month, or 4 weeks, or more precisely 26 trading days, we managed to earn a total of 0.03654 BTC, which is equal to x3.65 of the initial deposit or 265%. If you look at the dynamics of counting and the use of averaging, then the following picture emerges:

By all indicators, the best week was number 2. There, and the profit was the largest and the account developed without stopping, every day there was a steady growth. Weeks 1 and 3 were marked by drawdowns, and on week 3 the drawdown was very serious, about 40%, and I had to lose 2 whole trading days before everything returned. Week 4 was the most frequent for averaging. This had to be done 2 times, for each averaging it took a whole trading day, because I had to sit for a long time and wait for the price to return to the required values.

In general, trading at 1 \ 20 shows about the same monthly increase in the deposit, which is observed with a more conservative risk, in the average range from x2.5 to x5. But with a risk of 1/20, you have to sit in the wrong trade longer, waiting for the price to return.
October 25, 2021, 02:45:59 AM
Results of 3 weeks:

3 WEEK:

Deposit:

Results of 3 week:

Account dynamics:

Table updated
October 22, 2021, 09:13:09 AM
Since it's your trade, money, and thread is up to you ~XD In case you want to do it better to publish every update once the trade already done, but so far is a great thread and need more thread like this.

I am a micro scalper, my distance between buying and selling is no more than 200 bucks. I make 6-10 micro trades a day. Do you want me to sit on the forum around the clock and update my posts after each such trade?  Cheesy

I will spend more time on this than on the actual trading. What is the use of this large pile of unnecessary information on each micro-trade? I think a weekly report is the best way to present information.  Wink

At most, I can tell you separately about some particular significant trade, as it was above, but the overwhelming majority of trades are monotonous and uninteresting.

I repeat once again, this topic does not carry a learning goal in itself, it only shows the possible advantages of averaging before stop loss. I have never set out and am not going to set out to teach trading to someone. Thanks. Smiley
October 22, 2021, 04:44:56 AM
It's your choice, clearly. I didn't open an account at TradeProfile, if that's where all the trades are recorded.
And if it's so, then indeed, those that much curious can go there and check for themselves.

You will not be able to view the trades even on the service. To do this, I bought a PRO membership so that the following functions were available to me:

Trading signals are shared only if they do not work, and do not bring profit to the trader Cheesy
October 22, 2021, 04:32:25 AM
For example the current "I opened a short at 63 195 and placed a take profit at 63 025" may look as a quite luckily well chosen value, or can look like a hypothetical value, picked only after the market has fallen, so your trade looks good.

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't want to imply that you were lying, I don't care at all. Since I don't trade any longer, for me it's just a fun read. (And I do like it.) I tried only to think out of the box and see what @ryzaadit could have meant. I may have understand it right or wrong, but I hope that you understand that this too can be a way to see the things.

Perhaps so, but of course I will not show my trades, I mean exactly where I open a trade and where I exit it. This is part of my trading strategy, and I did not plan to share it with the public, as these are not training courses or anything like that.

As for deception, it is not possible, since all my trade is recorded through API keys, which I added on a third-party service to monitor the exchange account.
October 22, 2021, 03:34:05 AM
Any chance you also make some updates maybe while you BUY/SHORT in the thread?

What exactly do you mean? So that I give signals to LONG\SHORT?
October 21, 2021, 11:38:58 AM
Well, just like I said that the new ath can bring confusion to my trading strategy, and I was right. Using this example, I can demonstrate the advantages of averaging and the fact that the market ALWAYS works out a correctly read signal to open a trade, but not always a straight path. But you will be able to withstand these market deceptions, it already depends on your trading strategy.

In this trading strategy, I trade 1/20 of my deposit. And this is very little. On my main account, I trade at least 1/40. This is the minimum and I withdraw profit every week. In this experiment, the rules are a little tougher and more risky, but despite this, averaging still helps to correct errors. When using stop loss, you will never see the following account dynamics:

It would seem that you are losing money, but you are still in the market. Your task is to believe to the end in what you are doing and that the deal opened by you will still work, the main thing is not to make hasty conclusions. Averaging helps even when you are trading against the market and the market is showing a new ath. What could be worse? But this risk management allows you to get out of even such a seemingly hopeless situation. If you applied a stop loss, then you would have lost most of your deposit. Since stop loss is always a loss of money. ALWAYS.

Now let's look at an example of how averaging helps you get out of even such difficult situations. I watched the formation of a local trend on the 5 minute chart on the evening of October 19. After this local trend was broken, I opened a short at 63 195 and placed a take profit at 63 025.

The market did not have enough $ 50 for my order to close and the price reversed sharply. Then ath broke out and flew right up to 67,000. It would seem like a hopeless situation, you can fix losses. But thanks to averaging, I used my deposit to temporarily cover losses, my margin call was at 73,000. I just waited for the market to process my order. The market always works out any breakouts, local or global. Does not matter. But he does not always do it right away. This is what the closing of my trade looked like. The brown line is where my order was triggered at 63025:

I love stress tests like this. They make it clear to what extent your strategy is ready for unpredictable market turns. Stop loss, if I had placed it, would have worked long ago and I would have lost money.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
November 06, 2021, 02:38:53 PM
Account dynamics:

This looks very much like Martingale, and reminds me of "HCP's ongoing experiment of the BotHIVE.io Trading Platform"™. It goes well until it doesn't:
Looks like it's more of an "ABCD" correction pattern this time around Roll Eyes
It still looks like classic martingale.
I'd love to be convinced I'm wrong though, as obviously I know nothing about trading.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
November 05, 2021, 03:14:06 PM
Well, I meant the race with the forum members and not the race against the members (you will accordingly be the leader of this marginal gang).  Cheesy

In addition, I did not mean that the launch should be done right now, I think at least it is worth waiting for the end of the 13th round, judging by the OP, [Then this experiment will be interested in much more than two or three people]. In short ... my concern is to offer - yours, to refuse!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
November 05, 2021, 03:02:13 PM
Cool thread, it reminded me LoyceV's / 10 Month 10 Person 10 Altcoin Investment Experiment. How about running a race with forum members? Let's say .... add a disclaimer, a little description of expectations or a link to this thread and rules in the spirit of those that were in LoyceV's thread, (and of course a pool for no more than 10 people). I will not look ahead, but for some reason it seems to me that if you are the pool leader, you will be able to look at margin trading from a new perspective. I will not speak for others, but I would definitely consider participating in this experiment if you suddenly want to experiment. Tongue
Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
November 02, 2021, 04:31:54 AM
Well done guys you all have good PNL not the same with mine. Lol but i know it's about time and i need more experience to fix all things in trading field. But as a small trader when i saw such good history of traders it always give me a motivation to keep pushing wherein in order to have a good win rate as well ..  Cheesy someday i hope there will be a good improvement on my trades because i really want to make records just to show it to my friends that trading isn't the way what they think..  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
October 22, 2021, 09:07:09 AM
-snip-
Oke no worry mate.

Since it's your trade, money, and thread is up to you ~XD In case you want to do it better to publish every update once the trade already done, but so far is a great thread and need more thread like this.

Good luck with the marathon trade.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 22, 2021, 04:36:30 AM
Perhaps so, but of course I will not show my trades, I mean exactly where I open a trade and where I exit it. This is part of my trading strategy, and I did not plan to share it with the public, as these are not training courses or anything like that.

As for deception, it is not possible, since all my trade is recorded through API keys, which I added on a third-party service to monitor the exchange account.

It's your choice, clearly. I didn't open an account at TradeProfile, if that's where all the trades are recorded.
And if it's so, then indeed, those that much curious can go there and check for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 22, 2021, 04:12:51 AM

What exactly do you mean? So that I give signals to LONG\SHORT?

I think that's not meant as a signal (although it's fun to think that he may have meant that  Cheesy).
I think that it was meant to tell earlier only the values meaningful for the purpose of this topic, maybe to give it more credibility for the non-believers.

For example the current "I opened a short at 63 195 and placed a take profit at 63 025" may look as a quite luckily well chosen value, or can look like a hypothetical value, picked only after the market has fallen, so your trade looks good.

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't want to imply that you were lying, I don't care at all. Since I don't trade any longer, for me it's just a fun read. (And I do like it.) I tried only to think out of the box and see what @ryzaadit could have meant. I may have understand it right or wrong, but I hope that you understand that this too can be a way to see the things.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
October 21, 2021, 01:02:30 PM
-snip-
Great.

I just want to compare to for the thread that just gives some theory but the @OP never share any trading activity, a long time ago I also created a thread trading shitcoin with several rules + give some screenshot of my trading activity.

I more prefer a thread like this, rather than too much theory, good luck for the trade don't forget take some profit or secure initial deposit since on the thread you say no-stop loss ~XD

copper member
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
October 19, 2021, 07:30:16 PM
You have chosen a very good time to start the marathon. I think that the success of trading in the first weeks is due to the fact that we are in a bull market. As they say, in a bull market, even a beginner gets a profit) It will be interesting to see the trading results when the market changes its direction. It is much more difficult to keep your deposit in a bear market than to make a profit on a bullish one.
By the way OP is a fan of shorting in case you were not aware  Wink
So saying the trades were a success because it's a bull market would be a little unfair, especially if someone is trading futures and has even lost some trades. If it was spot market, I would totally agree with you.

Just like him. I find shorting much easier than longing, and right now. I am barely trading futures because of the market pump. Kudos to him.
Pages:
Jump to: