Pages:
Author

Topic: 56% of ICOs fail and it's OK (Read 603 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
April 05, 2018, 12:33:09 PM
According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

So the basic rules with ICOs are very simple:
1. Do the research before you invest
2. Diversify, diversify, diversify
3. Ignore news and HODL

All things considered thats actually a pretty low number. If I were to have guessed I would have said it was closer to 70%.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
April 05, 2018, 12:07:03 PM
That was what happened last year but this year 80% of the ICO are successful but because of issues with the price of cryptocurrencies some of them are selling below the ICO price.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
April 05, 2018, 11:54:43 AM
I think that there is around the same amount of projects which don’t deal with blockchain that fail every year. A little more than a half of all startups stop existing during the very first year because they are not competitive on the market.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
April 05, 2018, 11:48:47 AM
I think there are many factors that make ICO fail. the main factor is the crypto price is decreasing and can not reach hardcap. just reaching softcap not necessarily ICO will be successful.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
April 05, 2018, 11:44:25 AM
I heard that 80% of new coins have fallen in price since 2017 after entering the stock exchange
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
April 05, 2018, 11:41:47 AM
But sometimes you should consider news because it can make the price decrease drastically.
You can sell at that time and buy again in dip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
April 05, 2018, 11:39:15 AM
According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

3. Ignore news and HODL
that's not good of course, 90 percent of startups fail because they do not have something expected by investors of course.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
April 05, 2018, 11:37:09 AM
The problem is you need to give them time to prove themselves a success. If you give them a little more time you will find out this figure is much higher, probably around 90%.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
April 05, 2018, 11:34:46 AM
lol far more than that will fail I can assure you...

56% lol

make that 96% or greater. Give them more time to burn through the dev funding first, some of them have to justify devouring 100's millions of dollars not your usual 100k start up.

The best reason for them to fail is there is no advantage to those running the ICO to succeed.

Better to take any tech created and start a new ico under a different name and raise all those yummy noob btc all over again later and take their lions share out again. No risk no work.

huge % of the noobs here since  sep 2017 will be burned hard ........

stick to btc or keep your fiat because doing any real research is beyond the scope and effort most can put in.

NEW projects starting are years behind the curve....... the smart teams were formed years ago.

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
April 05, 2018, 11:23:15 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I think this number is more and falls to about 75%. Currently, care should be taken when investing in ICOs, especially for Token!
Activity: 471
Merit: 10
QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
April 05, 2018, 11:16:20 AM
ICOs are very risky investments most especially nowadays that the rate of scam has been increasing. You should be very sure and convinced of any ICO you are investing in and don't let hype deceive you. Many hyped ICOs have scammed in the past.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
April 04, 2018, 01:30:33 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL

Good words, my friend. I totally agree with you -panic selling is the worst thing possible to do with tokens from ICO.
Activity: 83
April 04, 2018, 01:28:36 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I agree specially the newbie they need to know this three basic steps to have a knowledge on what they are need to know before going on something that is new for them, and ignoring the news is the best idea to avoid panicking and sell their coins in just a lower price so that the price of the continue will continue to become higher.
Activity: 152
Merit: 2
April 04, 2018, 01:24:08 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I fully agree with you. I do not like these hysterics hamsters who unsuccessfully and thoughtlessly invested money in several tokens and now shout everywhere that 100% or 99% ICO Scam. Yes, the bench is a lot, but it is easy to recognize, if you carefully analyze the company.  Because of the negative moods suffer good and promising ICO. Study companies before buying tokens! It's important.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
April 04, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
And that's what makes investing fun and challenging. You have to be very keen on specific details that will make your investment worth it. Sometimes doing research before investing is not enough to ensure that you will invest in the right one, there are still several factors to consider. For example, you should determine the type of token that will be used, like will it be really useful in the community or will it be used right off the bat by a lot of people. That and that determines the outcome of the ICO in the market.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 04, 2018, 01:05:56 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I though 90% ICOs of 2017 failed or failing. Only some good ico with honest team and real products such as: Civic, EOS... most remain ICOs just now building their protocols, hire team  etc. We should call that just a paper ideas projects and I can't believe on them.
Activity: 72
April 04, 2018, 01:00:46 PM
Before investing in ICO we should learn about the projects. I think the same amount of money I will invest 5-6 projects if a project fails I will get money back by other projects.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
April 04, 2018, 12:58:25 PM
It is really difficult for both ICO companies and investors because it is not easy to pick out a good one from all the different choices out there. One of the important factors to ensure it is not a scam is for the company to have public and transparent details about the staff. Youtube interviews and photos at conferences will help with this regard
Activity: 42
April 04, 2018, 12:52:12 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I think 56% is the lowest projection I've every seen. I would take nearly 50/50 odds all day long.
Activity: 252
Merit: 37
April 04, 2018, 12:49:40 PM
I think that is a normal %. ICO are not like IPOs that there are already a running project. Sometimes there are miscalculations in the plan that the project is not feasible to launch.
Pages:
Jump to: