Pages:
Author

Topic: 56% of ICOs fail and it's OK - page 4. (Read 603 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47
March 21, 2018, 05:35:45 AM
Yeah, that's really true. I agree with you. I think it is best to invest in 7-9 ico, because thus risks become even less.

The risk become smaller and have more chance to win because we have more than 1 basket.
If people try this old trick, there is no more people will suicide because of losing in investing.
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
March 21, 2018, 04:30:51 AM
The crypto community is in desperate need of some form of control, so if the big players in the crypto community can come together and work out with relevant authorities to impose some checks and regulations on new ICO, there should have fewer ICO failures as these requirements would stamp out lots of scams and weak ICO. As a result this will enhance investors' confidence and encourage more investors to crypto market.
Activity: 191
Merit: 3
March 21, 2018, 03:50:03 AM
According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

So the basic rules with ICOs are very simple:
1. Do the research before you invest
2. Diversify, diversify, diversify
3. Ignore news and HODL

Of course, the news should not be ignored. Well, as it was said above, they should be from reliable sources. In general I agree with the author of the topic.

Most fail due to poor project plans and very unreasonable goals while others were just money grab plots. its true that researching well gives you an upper hand as you get to understand properly what you are dealing with
Activity: 874
Merit: 125
March 21, 2018, 03:48:18 AM
Not necessarily for everyone. The one investing only on failing ICOs will have a loss and those finding out those gems would be in higher profit. So, it all sums up to the time you spend researching about the company you are investing on. Don't believe just what they show but try to find the facts using other sources about the legitimacy of the info they provide.
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
March 21, 2018, 03:44:29 AM
Right, most angel investors expect some 90% of their investments to fail. 10% they expect 1000%+ returns on. Nothing wrong with 56% failing.
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
March 21, 2018, 03:42:19 AM
What is the defintion of fail? I wouldn't have even thought we had gotten to the stage where startups in Crypto have collapsed. I know many have had no progress, but they are able to string investors along for 12-18 months before abandoning.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
March 21, 2018, 03:35:22 AM
According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

3. Ignore news and HODL
That number is lower than i expected and it's interesting to see what criteria they used to claim that the ico fail or not, below ico price or something else. I agree that we have to do some research before putting our money into some icos and it's not recommended to go all in on something. But i also think that we also have to read news to position ourself and can prevent loss because of some bad news.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
March 21, 2018, 03:31:03 AM
It is quite normal. Let's see, how many now around the different ICO. Every day their list gets bigger and bigger and what many fall is the norm. So be prepared that a certain percentage of your investment may fall.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
March 21, 2018, 03:28:09 AM
How you determine if an ICO "fails" is highly subjective. You are investing in startups that can take years before they really start to get traction. If you are counting ICO's as failures just because it is trading below the price you paid a month after the TGE, I think you may be premature in your judgement. I judge success by how well management are executing their plan and sticking to the timeline.
Activity: 364
March 21, 2018, 03:23:52 AM
Most ICOs, like most start-ups, share one problem - a bad idea that nobody needs in the world
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 03:23:08 AM
Many big companies with history starting ICO...
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
March 21, 2018, 03:17:53 AM
last year the ICO is indeed still a corpulent impressed playfully but for the moment the ICO more serious and proven true in real payments. This is quite a concern and made investors keen to invest in ICO. increasingly in the future, this will make the ICO getting crowded and real projects will be more and more.
Activity: 833
Merit: 267
March 21, 2018, 03:14:11 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL

Of course, the news should not be ignored. Well, as it was said above, they should be from reliable sources. In general I agree with the author of the topic.

This article can be true that's why we need to choose the right ICO because we can see new ICO everyday but we have to use our consciousness to select the correct ICO as anyone can start it with fake credentials to scam new.users by promising huge return on little investment
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
March 21, 2018, 03:12:48 AM
Yes mate,  even with so many icos that are not legit, doing our own research is a good way to hunt those good ico. For example, if many investors are there in that ico, that is a good sign that its good to invest there. But doing your own research is very important mate
Activity: 490
March 21, 2018, 03:01:44 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL
It is correct that nothing terrible, in place of these 56% came even more new ones, which can also disappear. The market is a tough competition and if you can not show anything and give a new one you just throw it away.
Activity: 77
March 21, 2018, 02:48:48 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL

Activity: 60
March 21, 2018, 01:57:17 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL

I think the 2018 year that will be a year of ICO. There are many potential ICO and also have garbage ICO everyday. It can make ETH's price raise but when a ICO project fail, it can be affect with ETH's price when they sell all ETH of investors
Activity: 350
Merit: 112
Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0
March 21, 2018, 01:50:44 AM
Yeah I believe that is okay, we got too much ICO that come out every day and some ICO without good marketing team and good features will failed, and yes before you invest in ICO, reading whitepaper is the most essential part, and if you want to make profit with ICO then you need to be patience because almost all of ICO coin got a rough start and the coin will slowly increasing

I agree with you regarding the "rough start" for almost any ICO, especially in the current market conditions. Even if the ICO has been hyped it is likely to tank just right outside the gate. Especially in these cases when so called "investors" who are just in for a quick flip and sell everything they got in order to secure a return on investment.

If you really believe in a project it might be a better option to wait for the rebound.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
March 21, 2018, 12:58:56 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL

44% ICO success rate is good in my opinion. I agree 100% with rule 1 and 2. You cannot really ignore news, it is still important to get updates from time to time.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
March 21, 2018, 12:31:38 AM

3. Ignore news and HODL

use the ICODROPS website to search a good ico. i highly recommended the icodrop. i have invested credits, wabi, sential according to their recommendation.

now a days do not invest any ico's even the grestest ico's give 1x potential because of the market condition. please wait for like end of april
Pages:
Jump to: