Pages:
Author

Topic: 6 Crypto Currencies to Hold Long - page 2. (Read 9992 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
February 17, 2014, 02:59:30 PM
Bitcoin, Litecoin (maybe??) and some that have PoS like Hobonickels. Even Nxt if the so called community manages to pull their heads out of the asses and stop their "us vs everyone else" stance. Their very different software is an extra pain to manage, though.

Stay away from speculative/hyped like Maxcoin or Doge. Those are great for flash trades, not my picks for long term storage. Be careful with scrypt coins (mainly with low network hash) which can be victims of ASICs, most-profit pools, 51% attacks, be unlisted from exchanges, etc... they're dumped frequently and globally I see them going down slowly.

In short, it's not easy to give you a definitive answer, because I'm interested in this topic and have no damn clue what to do myself  Tongue

Oh, and stop spamming your favorites or the ones you hold, disregarding what the OP asked....
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
February 17, 2014, 02:39:25 PM
1. Bitcoin
2. Litecoin.
3. MarsCoin
4. Smartcoin
5. USDE
6. ......
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
February 17, 2014, 02:35:44 PM
One of the prime altcoins is WorldCoin. It is not for short term trading but for 2-3 years - it will make the bagholder wealthy as it is replacing BitCoin currently.
The more and more merchants are announcing they accept WorldCoin as a method of payment, the community is strong and it is proven it will rise victorious even from the most extreme challenges.

Now really , what are you smoking?
How about you compare the merchants that started to accept bitcoin this year and the ones that accepted worldcoin?
The gap is only growing.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 17, 2014, 02:13:54 PM
One of the prime altcoins is WorldCoin. It is not for short term trading but for 2-3 years - it will make the bagholder wealthy as it is replacing BitCoin currently.
The more and more merchants are announcing they accept WorldCoin as a method of payment, the community is strong and it is proven it will rise victorious even from the most extreme challenges.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
February 17, 2014, 02:10:26 PM
Darkcoin
Vert
doge (next halving)
Activity: 279
February 17, 2014, 02:08:40 PM
Bitcoin
Litecoin
DEV
NEM
DOGE
ETHER
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 17, 2014, 10:06:29 AM
1-NXT
2-FeatherCoin
3-DogeCoin
4-DarkCoin
5-MaxCoin
6-PPC
Activity: 183
TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W
February 17, 2014, 09:56:39 AM
BTC
PPC
QRK
NXT
NEM (not released)

and one that doesn't exist yet.
Activity: 434
February 17, 2014, 09:53:57 AM
btc,ltc,nxt

i would hate having to pick 6, cause the rest are all useless shitcoins.
if i really had to pick i would buy any coin that has hit rock bottom price wise and hope for a miracale
Activity: 224
MineCrew
February 17, 2014, 09:42:26 AM
There are only two really.

Bitcoin and Litecoin

Anything beyond this is risky and not likely going to happen.

If you are looking for what I hold, well its most of the older coins and some of the newer coins. I believe that they will all go up but not a single one will ever replace BTC.

It's better to hold dollars, euros, bitcoins, litecoins, gold and silver... Smiley But if you are so rich to have all these in big quantities, you wouldn't be here.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
February 17, 2014, 09:24:56 AM
There are only two really.

Bitcoin and Litecoin

Anything beyond this is risky and not likely going to happen.

If you are looking for what I hold, well its most of the older coins and some of the newer coins. I believe that they will all go up but not a single one will ever replace BTC.

legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
February 17, 2014, 09:07:27 AM
What are the 6 different crypto currencies you would pick if you were told you have to invest equally in each one, choose 6 different and let them sit in wallets for at least 7 months before you can touch them?

the ones most traded.
Activity: 448
February 17, 2014, 08:10:23 AM
qrk
wdc
btc

i can think of these only.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 17, 2014, 06:19:24 AM
Definetly:

1) DigiByte
2) Litecoin
3) Bitcoin

+1
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
February 17, 2014, 05:44:58 AM
Why not create a poll when asking this?

There would be no point in creating a pull

Like many others has said
Quark
Vertcoin
Bitcoin

Can't really think of any other ones really end up being useful. There are some new coins coming out that are promising so list can change.

Why quark? except for the fact that u are using it as your sig. Isn't quark premined to shit?

it was never pre-mined. It was flash mined pretty bad though.
also ever since all the noobs showed up a couple months ago the price has been a joke out of pure hype and speculation.
Look at the graph at cryptsy.. that says it all lol
We all knew you were all coming too so we jacked up prices to soak you noobs running in with this "take my cash now" attitude Wink
And now a month or two later your all pro's hahaha
I called it too.. i was telling all the old school guys just watch and wait and see how these pro's that have been doing this a couple weeks will be spouting off like experts..
and sure enough it's all panned out hard..
We were waiting for you guys with a fork and napkin tied on lol

Securecoin / SRC is better than quark because of what it says on the ANN topic write up.. It's a fixed version of Quark i think.

Long term i'd say Bitcoin that's it.. and even that questionable i think.

ha ha ive never even heard of Securecoin !?

: D

is it another  Quark clone ?

here they were being all tricky and we had never even heard of it ?? i remember some one pushing it on the forum ha ha but i got it confused with "Solidcoin" !  : |  truth after a while they all start to merge together !

yeah we better watch out for it ha ha ha, i mean if we (or anyone else actually knew it existed) .   
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 17, 2014, 04:40:30 AM
Bitcoin
Namecoin
Nxt
Dogecoin
Primecoin
Zerocoin (once released)
legendary
Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067
February 17, 2014, 04:36:45 AM
1, TrollCoin
2, TrollCoin
3, TrollCoin
4, TrollCoin
5, TrollCoin
6, TrollCoin

Oh, & DogeCoin to use for plugging my ass after getting the runs from eating too much cheap all you can eat Sushi

Oh, & bags of BitCoin for throwing at little old ladies who won't get the fu*k outta my way on the 405
Activity: 493
February 17, 2014, 04:12:33 AM
1. BTC
2. LTC
3. Zetacoin

The rest I can't see holding past 7 months, so no point in holding them
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
February 17, 2014, 04:07:44 AM
Nxt!
Pages: