Pages:
Author

Topic: 7 Reasons why you don’t play blockchain games (Read 698 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0
December 11, 2018, 08:17:44 AM
In 2018 we see a lot of information about blockchain games around Internet. Some people say it’s a good way to earn, other people say such games are fun and nice to play. However, blockchain games are not that popular as you may think. For 99% you don’t play them, because:

1) Not all crypto owners have Ether;
2) Not all Ether owners have MetaMask;
3) All crypto games are pay-to-play;
4) All existing crypto games are corny;
5) People don’t play them. They earn money;
6) Blockchain games are not interesting to play;
7) Existing blockchain solutions including Ethereum can support only basic game mechanics.

The reason why I made this list is not because I hate blockchain games. I play them, actually. You can really make profit.

I made this post because I want to pay your attention. You have to be careful trying something new. You need to weight the pros and cons.
Don’t fall for these blockchain developers sweet words. Remember that they are not trying to change this world. They want to profit.

What games would you recommend? Why? Cheers Smiley
Activity: 230
Merit: 2
XCRYPT
I really want to know more about this blockchain game of a thing. Although, there are some clues I've seen regarding blockchain games, but I would still like to know more practical steps regarding this. perhaps some YouTube videos would help.
Activity: 566
Merit: 13
I do not agree, I will give an example a trading card game - Gods Unchained, this game is made at the highest level and does not have the above disadvantages.

yeah, Gods Unchained is a very good game. I hope there will be more good games
Activity: 490
Merit: 103
I do not agree, I will give an example a trading card game - Gods Unchained, this game is made at the highest level and does not have the above disadvantages.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
In 2018 we see a lot of information about blockchain games around Internet. Some people say it’s a good way to earn, other people say such games are fun and nice to play. However, blockchain games are not that popular as you may think. For 99% you don’t play them, because:

7) Existing blockchain solutions including Ethereum can support only basic game mechanics.

The reason why I made this list is not because I hate blockchain games. I play them, actually. You can really make profit.

I made this post because I want to pay your attention. You have to be careful trying something new. You need to weight the pros and cons.
Don’t fall for these blockchain developers sweet words. Remember that they are not trying to change this world. They want to profit.

Its good advice for new games player. We doing in crypto because i think we just want to make profits too. Its true we should make research first before we playing
Activity: 421
I think some of the issues are the most important factors in blockchain games.
First: Regardless of the technical carrier, the nature of the game is very interesting, otherwise there will be no players.
Second: ordinary people can't use blockchain games, and some people don't even know what the blockchain is.
Third: The sharp depreciation of the cryptocurrency market has led to a large loss of investors and followers, which is detrimental to the marketing of blockchain games.
So, good resons, I had never heared about them before. May be about a few, two or three, but not seven.

so what is your list?
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
So, good resons, I had never heared about them before. May be about a few, two or three, but not seven.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

we have far more advanced and good looking gui available in the market to play the video games.. i don't think so that spending eth on game is a good decision than trading with it..
Activity: 194
You've listed the obvious and its very well written.
I am not a big fan of blockchain games as well. Just like any other business, the aim of it is to make profit
Activity: 238
I never consider money as a game!
even it's a real game, I would never play to lose more than what I willing to lose.
so I never interested in this kind of game/
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
Blockchain games are not profitable at all. To be honest when i joined crypto world i entered through crypto games and i wasted approx 10 months but nothing won. Most of blockchain games are not legit at all even everything has scripted already even at the backend bots are playing with you. They will not given to chance of earn money. Here some reasons
1.  most of blockchain games are played by bots backend.
2.  They are not probably fair games.
3.   It is game of luck sometimes people can win money but very less chances.
4.   No authority over it. if fraud happen than no one will listen you .
Activity: 271
I think the blockchain game is now just a hype. At present, this market is not fully compatible with the real game user market. This may require a very strong blockchain game to change the game industry.
One of the most known blockchain games are cryptokitties, i'm not really onto these kind of games i'm just here for profits actually the developers and the users wants profit that's all they just made the game in order to lessen the technical stuffs we've seen everyday.

Well i may say that blockchain games is not that profitable but if you invest a big amount of money you may either earn from it, actually for what I've known i think the blockchain games helps the blockchain to work faster that's what I know but i don't have idea if it's true

cryptokitties is just one of all different games on the market.
Here is an article explaining different types of blockchain games https://gameunculus.io/blog/136
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Blockchain games are taking a lot of time and at the end it is the same as taking part in bounty campaigns but with having a lot of fun. I do not play blockchain games, because I do not have enough time, but I would definitely try to play some games in the future.
OP, thank you for the post. I heard about blockchain games but haven’t try playing. What are the blockchain games you are playing? Recommend some please.

here is my list
https://www.producthunt.com/@house_lama/collections/blockchain-games
Activity: 154
For real, are there even few desent blockchain games?
All that I saw was poor grafic and gameplay, Cryptocats is game for money hunters, we need some good games and we all will play
Activity: 434
I do not think like you, but taking part in the first blockhain is difficult in terms of second-hand use. Very high risk if we do not have knowledge of them, would be a loss of capital if the wrong investor is invested.
Activity: 756
Merit: 256
HEX: Longer pays better
Why you think blockchain games are not popular? Did you do a research about it? I don't think so, of course if you want to earn anything from an online game, you have to pay a small fee to start, I think it's normal and amount of ETH that everyone need to pay to start playing and earning is really little so I don't think it's a big problem.
Activity: 475
Merit: 100
I think it would be similar to gambling, but with a lot less regulation, since there is no commission in charge of limiting what you can do or not do in these crypto games, partly this is ok, because most of us seek freedom in this ecosystem, but I understand that many are not attracted by the idea of this kind of danger
Pages:
Jump to: