Pages:
Author

Topic: 73-Year-Old Michigan Woman Believed She Won Over $3M but got SCAMMED for $700K - page 3. (Read 439 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
The bitcoin ATM scams are bad. They even have warnings on all the bitcoin ATMs that if someone calls you and claims to be the police and you need to pay some fine in bitcoin, it’s a scam and to ignore them.

I remember a few years back when bitcoin atms were new. There was a lady at one and she was clueless how to operate it. She showed me her phone and said she needs to send this much BTC to this address, I looked and read the messages above and noticed she was getting scammed. I told her about it and she was relieved. It’s crazy how many people fall for all these scams.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 325
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
That's a sad thing, old people really need young adults in their life because with these people running around scamming them of their retirement, it's going to be even more rampant, with more and more people getting old and having more money for their retirement, they're never going to find peace because they're always going to be a target of these scammers and we know how much those people like to do it especially being such an easy money for them if the elderly bites the bait of the scam. Or maybe move them away from their electronics or phone because that's how these scammers get you, by phone or by emails. It's a good thing that people all over the world with a really high expertise in network infiltration are doing the work of exposing these scammers and trying their best to destroy their networks, I donate to those people whenever I can because most of them do it full time without payment because YouTube doesn't monetize them but through donations, they're able to do it.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 350
73-Year-Old Michigan Woman Believed She Won Over $3M from Publishers Clearing House, Instead She Was Using Bitcoin ATMs and Buying Jewelry In $700K Scam

In total, the woman sent more than $669,500 before she gathered that something wasn't adding up with the sweepstakes winnings and told a friend. Her friend told her it was a scam and she reported it to police on March 17.

this scammer really got ahold of that ladies bank account and milked her for every cent. it sounds like.

"She went back and forth, sent multiple cashier’s checks, deposited money into bitcoin ATMs, which was then transferred into the suspect’s account, and also bought a couple of pieces of high-end jewelry and sent them to the suspect,”

if that $669,500 was any significant part of her net worth then you have to wonder how someone could be THAT DUMB.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/73-year-old-michigan-woman-believed-she-won-over-3m-from-publishers-clearing-house-instead-she-was-using-bitcoin-atms-and-buying-jewelry-in-700k-scam/ar-BB1kNGEy

Pages:
Jump to: