Pages:
Author

Topic: 750 GH/s - 3TH/s Miners from $3565 - www.bitcoinultra.co.uk - page 11. (Read 30609 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
NO paypal, BTC, or Amazon payment (whatever that is)....I guess they went over their paypal limit or have been reading this thread

Indeed - note of caution - removal of payment methods is a classic...

So as I understand it people like myself and others here use paypal and Ccards to buy these miners. If scam then who is the target ? If the Paypals been removed and they don't accept btc or anything other than CC then it stands to reason the target is those purchasing with CC.

Or has anyone here been paying over the phone and we don't know about it ?

For me I think you are OK V4Vendettas since you paid CC. The possible scam is that you were a 'test' payer where they accept a few CC/paypal payments, gain feedback and trust, then switch to BTC only payments. You'd be CRAZY to send BTC direct unless they become WELL established.

For you, you have the comfort of being able to phone your credit card company and getting your money back - albeit with a pile of hassle - and no miner.

For others, the risk is that they 'buy in' based on a few success stories and lose their coins. Still could be a legit company, that website is no small effort.

[edit] My advice is only buy with paypal or credit card - or better still sit back for a bit - they're not shipping for a while yet...
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
NO paypal, BTC, or Amazon payment (whatever that is)....I guess they went over their paypal limit or have been reading this thread

So as I understand it people like myself and others here use paypal and Ccards to buy these miners. If scam then who is the target ? If the Paypals been removed and they don't accept btc or anything other than CC then it stands to reason the target is those purchasing with CC.

Or has anyone here been paying over the phone and we don't know about it ?

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
The worst of all is that is new company and have not  good promotion with payment

The only company  that sell bitcoin miner

And not accept bit coin payment  Kiss Kiss
Activity: 256
Because it's sterile...
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Damn, why can't these companies get their stuff together.  I was ready to buy a rig now I question whether it is worth the wait and/or hassle if this is not legit.  I guess I will have to wait and see the specs on the S2.

If these companies got their shit together like say Starbucks, then everyone would want one. Bitcoin mining is a risky business, that's why some people enjoy it...

[edit] must admit I have my eye on one of these - will use paypal if I do which is easier to charge-back than even a credit card...

is it just me?  I unable to paid with PayPay.  I only see credit card paymentn option
Damn, why can't these companies get their stuff together.  I was ready to buy a rig now I question whether it is worth the wait and/or hassle if this is not legit.  I guess I will have to wait and see the specs on the S2.

If these companies got their shit together like say Starbucks, then everyone would want one. Bitcoin mining is a risky business, that's why some people enjoy it...

[edit] must admit I have my eye on one of these - will use paypal if I do which is easier to charge-back than even a credit card...
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
S2 will be great I think
Activity: 256
Because it's sterile...
Damn, why can't these companies get their stuff together.  I was ready to buy a rig now I question whether it is worth the wait and/or hassle if this is not legit.  I guess I will have to wait and see the specs on the S2.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I'll probably give this a punt, if I order on a certain date I won't have to pay the credit card for 40 days, if it's not delivered I'll just claim it back from the credit card company before the bill is due.

(subject to seeing a video and stuff as above)
Activity: 434
^^ agreed. and as well we all know, building a mining rig, there are ALWAYS going to be initial stability issues that need ironed out.

I was talking more about whether I think V4Vendettas will lose his money (which I can't see how he can if he used a UK credit card) rather than how stable any miner they might deliver will be...

aye, I was agreeing with your thinking... the comment on stability issues was regarding (if this is genuine) the on-time shipping.

Then I stand corrected my Scottish (and still UK hopefully) friend Smiley

it's a big fat X in the NO box from me my friend Wink
^^ agreed. and as well we all know, building a mining rig, there are ALWAYS going to be initial stability issues that need ironed out.

I was talking more about whether I think V4Vendettas will lose his money (which I can't see how he can if he used a UK credit card) rather than how stable any miner they might deliver will be...

aye, I was agreeing with your thinking... the comment on stability issues was regarding (if this is genuine) the on-time shipping.

Then I stand corrected my Scottish (and still UK hopefully) friend Smiley

Quote from OP:
IMPORTANT!!

We are NOT accepting pre-orders!!!

Unlike other mining hardware suppliers, we won't take pre-orders on our products until we can 100% guarantee a delivery date.

News from your website:
Latest news from Bitcoin Ultra:

7th Mar 2014

The wait is over! From 16:00pm today we have opened orders to our first Enigma 1 miners, which are available on a first come first served basis. This batch of Enigma 1 is guaranteed to be dispatched from us on 31st March 2014.

You can order your Enigma hardware at http://www.bitcoinultra.co.uk/shop

WHAT IS THIS? Sorry, we are not accepting pre-orders, but please, PAY US NOW, AND RECEIVE IT IN 3.5 WEEKS!!!
LIARS.
Please be extremely careful with this, guys. Do not sent them any money, before other people receive their hardware and confirm that this is legitimate. Better safe than sorry!

Playing Devil's Advocate here. It actually says they will not open for preorders until they can guarantee a delivery time. I thought that a bit weaselish right from the beginning, but it does allow them to open a bit earlier than "in hand".

I had hoped they weren't hedging, but still, they didn't lie.

Also tempted to play devil's advocate, I've checked out the website (right click view page source - found tygh_footer amongst other things) and the site is built from http://www.cs-cart.com/

The license fee for cs-cart is around $400 per year. If this is a scam then it's more elaborate than any I have ever seen considering the 45 day paypal charge-back possibility and the credit card purchase protection offered in the UK.

Unless these methods of payment are suddenly withdrawn after taking a few payments to 'prove' integrity, then I can't see how this would work if it were a scam. The only other risk I can think of is that they might not be able to ship on time... and we all know how that one can pan out...

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Yea they did not lie in the strictest sense but as you say still weaselish.

Yeah.
So far the only company that I am aware of that has always delivered "in hand" equipment is Bitmain. And they certainly are not hurting for business. I would hope that somebody with a better/bigger machne would pick up that gauntlet! Or, lacking that, Bitmain come out with a more efficient higher hashpower machine. There have been hints that they are doing so, but nothing solid that I have seen.

Yea and to think I was so close to going with Bitmain instead and you know why I did not ? I wanted to support a British company as we have nothing built on our own shores.
I'm having the same quandary across the pond. AMT claims they are now in the midst of shipping, but there seems no confirmation. Also a shitload of FUD that isn't really being addressed. I got a review unit from them some time ago, based on Technobit boards, and it's a nice little machine. But I gotta see product going to customers before I'll pull the trigger on my limited funds. Plus if they don't ship, my name got mixed up in the deal due to the review unit.

Not fun times. Sad

Yeah.
So far the only company that I am aware of that has always delivered "in hand" equipment is Bitmain. And they certainly are not hurting for business. I would hope that somebody with a better/bigger machne would pick up that gauntlet! Or, lacking that, Bitmain come out with a more efficient higher hashpower machine. There have been hints that they are doing so, but nothing solid that I have seen.

Yea and to think I was so close to going with Bitmain instead and you know why I did not ? I wanted to support a British company as we have nothing built on our own shores.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Yeah.
Quote from OP:
IMPORTANT!!

We are NOT accepting pre-orders!!!

Unlike other mining hardware suppliers, we won't take pre-orders on our products until we can 100% guarantee a delivery date.

News from your website:
Latest news from Bitcoin Ultra:

7th Mar 2014

The wait is over! From 16:00pm today we have opened orders to our first Enigma 1 miners, which are available on a first come first served basis. This batch of Enigma 1 is guaranteed to be dispatched from us on 31st March 2014.

You can order your Enigma hardware at http://www.bitcoinultra.co.uk/shop

WHAT IS THIS? Sorry, we are not accepting pre-orders, but please, PAY US NOW, AND RECEIVE IT IN 3.5 WEEKS!!!
LIARS.
Please be extremely careful with this, guys. Do not sent them any money, before other people receive their hardware and confirm that this is legitimate. Better safe than sorry!

Playing Devil's Advocate here. It actually says they will not open for preorders until they can guarantee a delivery time. I thought that a bit weaselish right from the beginning, but it does allow them to open a bit earlier than "in hand".

I had hoped they weren't hedging, but still, they didn't lie.

Pages:
Jump to: