Pages:
Author

Topic: 8 Kw/Hr in one room? Possible? - page 3. (Read 6141 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
October 07, 2013, 10:58:55 PM
(sorry for first reply - I misread)

Your biggest issue will probably be that the physical lines carrying electricity to the ASICs aren't rated for 25A+ each, which'd probably require a good chunk of change to replace. Especially because you're running them 24/7, anything which may disallow the line from adequately dissipating heat could be dangerous.

You'll probably need extension cords to split the load up among four different lines.
Activity: 495
Merit: 507
October 07, 2013, 10:57:19 PM
Your going to be limited to 200A is most residential breaker boxes, with 15A normal breakers plus water heater furnace etc.

Your going to have alot of trouble running that from one location power wise, let alone heat and noise.

Thanks for the reply. But is it possible? Considering I pay an electrician to upgrade the breaker.

By room, do you mean you intend to sleep in there?
Activity: 991
Merit: 500
October 07, 2013, 10:52:16 PM
Your going to be limited to 200A is most residential breaker boxes, with 15A normal breakers plus water heater furnace etc.

Your going to have alot of trouble running that from one location power wise, let alone heat and noise.

Thanks for the reply. But is it possible? Considering I pay an electrician to upgrade the breaker.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
October 07, 2013, 10:35:56 PM
Hey guys,

I am a total electricity noob. I know a bit, but could use some help.

I bought 12 HashFast Babyjets, that use 350 Watts each. (4.2Kw/hr total)

I wanted to know if it was possible to pull that much electricity out of 2 wall outlets (2 with 2 ports each).

Right now, the breaker trips at ~1400 Watts. (15A breaker)

I have 3 locations I can host these at, but would prefer them to be all in my room.

I know I am going to have to upgrade the breaker (calling electrician tomorrow), but is this possible? Is there a limit?
Would anything have to be done to the wiring?
Would this cause any problems throughout the house?

Thanks!

Activity: 991
October 07, 2013, 09:57:25 PM
Hey guys,

I am a total electricity noob. I know a bit, but could use some help.

I bought 12 HashFast Babyjets, that use 350 Watts each. (4.2Kw/hr total)

I wanted to know if it was possible to pull that much electricity out of 2 wall outlets (2 with 2 ports each).

Right now, the breaker trips at ~1400 Watts. (15A breaker)

I have 3 locations I can host these at, but would prefer them to be all in my room.

I know I am going to have to upgrade the breaker (calling electrician tomorrow), but is this possible? Is there a limit?
Would anything have to be done to the wiring?
Would this cause any problems throughout the house?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: