Pages:
Author

Topic: 8) - Scrypt mining news - i? discovered something for scrypt mining - 8) (Read 2053 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
tested,it's amazing  Shocked

it worked for u 2? is really hard to find the spot, but possible, well not more hard then finding sweet spot when oc, same thing, but underclocking memory ;s
ya, i know i did a bad step in that, but it works, i'm using 625MHz now, i did all those steps i said before,so it is possible to run it without overclock,but underclock on memoris, all that matters is the RATIO,always the ratio, with means i think is possible for some ASIC to mine if they are made in the right core/mem ratio. the problem is that with GPUs we can adjust that, with asics i don't know if we can, if some one could try it would be nice too. just Remember, i discovered haha.

any way,

so it does WORKS with underclock on the memory.

that's the point of the post!
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
tested,it's amazing  Shocked
Merit: 253
HAHAHAHAHA . You gave me big lolz. thx. Cheesy

Please add folowing on top of OP:

"I AM DUMBASS, EVERYTHING BELOW IS NOT TRUE"

in big red fat font Cheesy

why?

7950 + afetrburner + underclockig = 1250mhz memory

you have to make some tweaks:

- unofficial overclocking mode 2 [on beta : "without powerplay" ]
- change overclocking mode from "user mode" to "kernel mode"

restart.

now you can start again, but trully underclocking.

You want some real scrypt mining unknown or not much known tweaks?

here you go:

1 download a lot of different bios versions, and start having fun - it's easy
 some of them might change 550kh into 610kh on the same clocks.

2 put 8gb ram onto mobo. try thread concurreny of 39424 now. lower your mem to 1250 [defaults]. low energy high hashes!!!!

example:

gigabyte 7950 WF3 rev2 bios fx1 out of the box:

600kh on 220W 1480 memory tc 22400

bios r43 and 8gb ram and tc 39424 :

680kh on 200w 1250 memory

It is running for at least 20 minutes.
your WU is only 168.7 if you compare it to your 5sec avg of 1M.

It is totally fucked up!
the pure avg doesn't mean anything. Only your WU will show you what you will get in the end.

as for what u say,i never used 'WU', always 5s, AVG and per card kh/s

on every pool i go i have full speed count on shares, always 1m+ really rare to go down than 1mh/s on scrypt.

With sha256 mining i got 1Gb almost pefect some times, some times more but usually 1G sha256 with both xfx 7950

Edit-> i did some research i find out what WU mean, so  since when i started the miner and post a picture to early there is no way WU could get higher, now is 910 already, will go up to ~1020 and may go more up/down with/without lucky.
At least is what i understand, on titties post
i will need to access or ask for it to my friend, i used TV 'TeamViewer', (as i charge for fine tunning GPUs Cheesy, fews success already haha)on him, it could be true that that card may not be using underclocking like my wasn't before msi afterburners trick ;d

but asap i'll ask him for that, if i'm not wrong is not the same,but is not far far away from that, u can easily put lower as my and start testing like u did with overclock, no mystery at all ;d

as son as he is online i ask exactly core mem speeds and i will throw the ratio here.

I forgot to mention, i find this for pure lucky, i was testing with underclocking and in less then 10 tries i found little spike on kh/s

as for overclocking i did take a long long time to find it...
maybe i will try to increase a little bit more the core, well i did try it but kh/s drops like hell, i need to find the 'sweet spot' again with more overclocking on core, maybe needing to increase little bit of memory too to maintain ratio
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

It is running for at least 20 minutes.
your WU is only 168.7 if you compare it to your 5sec avg of 1M.

It is totally fucked up!
the pure avg doesn't mean anything. Only your WU will show you what you will get in the end.

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Can you share core/memory ratio on your 5870's ? Or is it the same - 1.56 ?
OK so like i said before,i did some test with actual low memory speeds on both GPUs
and same KH/s, stable ~530 - 550kh/s but more cool, not that much, i didn't wait for the card to cool more,i wanna test it haha

so i'm correct, same speed with underclock on GPUs memories.

U have to do some stuff that says here -> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906

i DIDN'T use the DLL that they told me to use, i don't thrust DLLs haha, but i try it and is working FINE without that DLL.

All u have to do is Edit that MSIAfterburner.cfg file, set (enable) 'low level hardware access interface' (just tick it) and restart MSI to use new settings!

Simple ha?

if u like u can send some coins to me,PM i'll send u any address of any coin u ask.

Thx for all, spread this to the whole world!

IT WORKKSSS! EUREKA!

Edit -> uploading a photo,wait a second it will be here for proof
AS said before,here is a print screen with old win xp mspaint Grin

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
just for shit and giggles, i made the changes too.

apparently it's the same with my HIS 7950s.
and it runs 10 degrees cooler...at 1.0v

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
For me on a Sapphire 7950 @ 653Kh/s:

Mem: 1575
Eng: 1140
I: 20
TC: 24768
PwT: 20%
TT: 80 Deg
Auto Fan

Runs at about 79-82 deg C

Have 2 other sapphires that get 623-640 with close to the same settings
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Core 1120
Mem 1550
Thread concurrency 16384
Powertune 15%
Intensity 19
i'm not making kh/s going down my men, not at all,i do 550kh/s EACH card with my XFX with is awesome for XFX.
mine can't go higher without freezen and high temps(already is 82 85c with scrypt mining)

so i can go down and mantain same kh/s as with oveclock.

otherwise this post would be non sense dahhh

I would think you have some other problem if you can only get 550khs as your top speed with a 7950. Tuned properly you should get 650 or more. (Although I realize not all cards/machines are created equal)  That's why I was questioning your posts.  My saphire 7950s run 80-82c at 650khs.  

Edit...just read your post above and sounds like you have tried everything.  Must just be the luck of the draw on what cards/silicone you get!
post your core clock and mem clock
also what ratio is that? core/mem right?
at least is how i did the math to start with scrypt ;d
i see, well i just looked on my gpu-z
turns out when i underclocked my gpu on msi that doesn't really happen, now i activate unsupported overclocking on msi config .cfg
and now it does underclock,
but now i'm mining BTC,when i mine scrypt i'll try it that out to be sure if that wan't the case at all Sad

i'm kinda pissed off because of that ;@

stupid msi, thank god i see on gpu-z that memory was not going down ;s

shame on me, lol.

Oh i did this to add unsupported OC/UC
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906

i'm not making kh/s going down my men, not at all,i do 550kh/s EACH card with my XFX with is awesome for XFX.
mine can't go higher without freezen and high temps(already is 82 85c with scrypt mining)

I would think you have some other problem if you can only get 550khs as your top speed with a 7950. Tuned properly you should get 650 or more. (Although I realize not all cards/machines are created equal)  That's why I was questioning your posts.  My saphire 7950s run 80-82c at 650khs.  

Edit...just read your post above and sounds like you have tried everything.  Must just be the luck of the draw on what cards/silicone you get!
As i said before,i only do UC on memory NO UC on CORE, but OC, my core is 980mhs with OC(800mhz stock), so correct ratio between core and UClocked memory also works, that's what i'm saying.

more easy to understand
980CoreClock + 1337 Memory clock =   ~550kh/s

980CoreClock + 625 Memory clock =   ~550kh/s
i think i can go higher with UC on my memories. i will have to try it that so i can see if that also improves stability with monster OC on the Core
..that's been said, let's spread the world about it!!!!!

i see your point, but as afaik XFX ain't the best for mining purposes.

too bad i only discovered that when both 7950 has arrived ;(

Anyway is is good to do some UC to keep life time of memory as it should be!

too bad mine card won't go higher afaik, i did try it.
to be hones some times i actually have some BSOD,of frozing all PC, havint to hard reset it :S

something about atipagBLABLABLA.sys
i did everything i could that i find on web to fix it, it does happen less then before, but still some BSOD in let's say, 1 BSOD a week? some times more, some times less,who can understand that haha
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Do you save any Wattage by underclocking like this?
I have my 7950 Twin Frozr iii overclocked to give me 620Kh/s but I have also undervolted it to 1100mV to reduce the power draw.  I reckon that I might be able to drop the volts a bit more but havent bothered to check yet.  These cards are built to overclock so it doesnt really bother me that much to keep the settings high, especially if you can reduce the voltage at the same time for an all round benefit.

Of course you can throttle down the memory and core (and voltage), but you loose hash power.  If you could turn these down and maintain 650Khs (or more) that would be impressive.  The reason people turn up the settings is to achieve maximum hashing power.  I can easily get 550 with low settings like you are showing. Like you said you have to maintain a good ratio.  It would be interesting however to see what wattage is being consumed with different low settings.
Pages:
Jump to: