Pages:
Author

Topic: 8) - Scrypt mining news - i? discovered something for scrypt mining - 8) - page 2. (Read 2053 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
ok guys, i read everywhere that for scrypt we have to start overclocking the eyeball of our GPUs Memorys,turns out that not completely right, why? i tell u why.

i have done some underclocking on my GPUs Memoys (2 XFX HD7950 Ghost Edition jfyk)
and i don't really need to overclock GPUs memory, i do know that what really matters is ratio but get this
i underclocked down to 625mhz and Core mem to 980mhz and still solid good 550kh/s EACH card, but now without forcing my 2 little babies with OC.

One thing keeps true, with underclocking you will also need to find that 'sweet spot' so may vary to each card brand/model.

my core: ratio with OVER-CLOCKING on MEMORY is for my both XFX HD7950 is   -> 0,7294 (i like precision)
my core: ratio with UNDER-CLOCKING on MEMORY is for my both XFX HD7950 is -> 1,5600 (yeah, that right)

Isn't that awesome news? please do it a test, i did test on 2 other card already(5870 both same brand, Saphire) and I can confirm that this works, it is a pain in the ass to find the sweet spot but, it's just awesome to see those cards running without Overclocking on GPUs memories Cheesy :

oh and the i? on tittle is cause i don't know if someone else has noticed this already. but would be great if i did find it first Grin
at least i'm doing something good i'm right or what? Grin

cheers

bye
Pages:
Jump to: