Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 103. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
May 16, 2018, 01:50:51 PM
90% of ICO's have only idea, without a team and good WP and only promises that they will be able to translate their idea into reality after collecting few millions. This does not mean that they are scammers, but it shows their attitude to their own project.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
May 16, 2018, 01:04:24 PM
In fact, probably even 95% of all ICOs are scammers. The problem is that any big money attracts scams, which then kill the ecosystem of the entire business. It's sad.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 10:06:45 PM
I was thinking of Investing in an ICO but I think it's safer once it hits the exchange and when the price is relatively low and see what the company is upto then to invest. Better safe than sorry
Exactly, investing money into an ico should be with careful caution. Considering many irresponsible people take advantage of the situation in ico. Better to invest in the 100 best altcoin that is already clear
Activity: 560
Merit: 261
May 15, 2018, 09:56:15 PM
Most of the scams are easy to detect.
In most cases, they have no solid team.
If a project is backed by all-star team members, it usually isn't a scam.
Activity: 109
May 15, 2018, 09:47:35 PM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
I have read an article that 90% of all ICOs are scam. The problem is, it is now hard to detect scam ICO from legit one.
Activity: 21
May 15, 2018, 09:44:22 PM
This is exactly why you should research any investment vehicle.  Please read my other post on investing in crypto.  There are fundamental principles that should be followed to decrease your chances of becoming a victim of fraud!!
Activity: 155
May 15, 2018, 11:53:28 AM
I think so. We can be cheaten by others if we are not careful enough. We need to make enough research while we do the the investment. The more careful we are, the better we will be. Just do the right thing.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 11:50:20 AM
In my opinion this article looks too pismimistic, this is definitely not true information. Of course, scams are many, but not so many. 
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
May 15, 2018, 11:08:38 AM
How regrettable it is, but you are right. Really a lot more ICO or scam, or just disappear. Why is this happening? Because there are no regulators and the creators know that they will not have anything for it. But here the main thing is not to get on the ICO bench. This is unfortunately very difficult to do, since most people are only interested in quick and big profits and who does not want to spend time studying the project. I would very much like to see that the percentage of scams decreased and investors did not lose their money. Let's hope that in the future there will only be workers ico.
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology
May 15, 2018, 10:50:06 AM
Saw this study on twitter... https://twitter.com/Zeex_me/status/978981735101878272

I've seen a lot of people asking about how many legit ICOs there are, so I thought I'd share

Quote from the article: "The study begins by breaking down ICOs into 6 groups: Scam, Failed, Gone Dead, Dwindling, Promising, Successful. “On the basis of the above classification,” they wrote, “we found that approximately 81% of ICO’s were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.”

"Scams were defined by researchers as “Any project that expressed availability of [an] ICO investment (through a website publishing, ANN thread, or social media posting with a contribution address), did not have/had no intention of fulfilling project development duties with the funds, and/or was deemed by the community (message boards, website or other online information) to be a scam.”

DYOR people ...
i am not too sure of the authenticity of this speculation or conclusion, what i know is that the blockchain and the crypto universe is full of amazing opportunities and innovations. even scams have done a lot of works  Grin
Activity: 24
May 12, 2018, 09:53:37 AM
It ain't fair n right to say 80% of ICOs are scam. Common we should be bigger than this and not just picking numbers or using some unverified source information to make public declarative statements.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 03:45:09 AM
Actually,  almost 95% of the ICO are scams that is why we need to do a lot o research before getting involved with these ICO projects because most of these projects are just created raise funds from the investors and going to runaway after getting millions of dollars from the people.But researching wont save us from these scams,because it will only lessen the risk of choosing scam ICOs,even those legit looking ICOs are turning into scam gradually. We need to do our due diligence
Activity: 489
Merit: 16
www.cd3d.app
May 12, 2018, 03:41:05 AM
I don't agree with their opinion telling us ICO is 80% Scam. maybe i will go for 50-50. cause most are legit you need to see first the People behind the project if its really real person or not.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
May 12, 2018, 03:35:10 AM
I was thinking of Investing in an ICO but I think it's safer once it hits the exchange and when the price is relatively low and see what the company is upto then to invest. Better safe than sorry
Activity: 25
May 12, 2018, 03:30:53 AM
So many ICOs these days are just scams. They are just trying to take money off of investors by disguising the scam in cryptocurrencies.  Be alert!
Activity: 39
May 10, 2018, 04:21:56 PM
Thank you for the information you provide, of course this is very helpful for us beginners who want to join the bounty campaign, of course I will be more selective in choosing a bounty campaign.

Adding features to failed projects is that project managers and teams do not always update project information on their media. this is my experience following bounty, after I confirm it turns out one of the founders left did not continue the project.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
May 10, 2018, 03:41:50 PM
does not make sense. ICO is very much and even almost every day a new ICO always out. I think the election is also not just a vote away. If only haphazardly selecting ICO certainly result will not be convincing. take on a large scale if it conducted a survey. It will be more visible whether many scams or real proven successful.
Activity: 93
May 10, 2018, 03:39:26 PM
I would not say that just 80% of the ICO scammers. Some of them simply do not know how to manage money, so it is possible that managers hold denyuzhku.
Activity: 252
May 10, 2018, 03:37:32 PM
scams are everywhere on internet outside internet well but ico are may or may nt be fully be scam but the growth of icos really made people talk more about ico they may be probably scam because of ico turnover collection
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
May 10, 2018, 03:29:47 PM
Well your analysis may be right, those icos which turned out as scam most time don't have the original intention of scamming there investors due to the fact that any intention to develop token is always good but what most developers fails to understand is the hazardous nature of the ecosystem and at a time think they can make positive change by developing new coin which is ICO but failed to meet up to they expected goals and end up making they investors to loss they found and generally term as a scam. Must of the successful ICO we have in the system have a well defined goals and are bend on meeting they expected desires, so my advice is that before you invest in any ICO always go through their white papers to know if their are service oriented or not to avoid being scam.
Jump to: