Pages:
Author

Topic: 80% of ICOs are Scams - page 101. (Read 12218 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
May 19, 2018, 02:09:49 PM
I do not think that 81 percent of all ICOs are fraud. According to other studies, fraud in ICO projects is slightly more than a third of these projects. Here it is stated that in the category of fraudulent projects that were recognized as such by the community were hit. However, in many cases, after finishing ICO and distributing tokens, especially where there is a significant delay in the payment of tokens, many people start to write that this project is fraudulent. About one third of projects is a more real figure.
In general, I consider ICO to be a very necessary and useful activity, regardless of the presence of such fraudulent cases.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 19, 2018, 01:58:59 PM
I think 80% being scams is very high and don't think it is true or quantitative enough. I think saying 80% failed could be right and correct. This is my 3rd year of direct involvement in the space none of these ICOs have deliver an thing close to good, they have shifted their roadmap several times. Just look at Golem for example
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
May 19, 2018, 01:47:05 PM
Its depend to us on the off chance that we trust that 80% of the ICO from now is thoroughly scam. We are in a possesion of the issue particularly in picking ICO. What's more, some of the time we likewise have an issue so we think they have the less. There are such huge numbers of task that are as a rule conceivably to be a decent venture soon. Be that as it may, we are simply expected to have a trust to whom we trust.
Activity: 206
Merit: 10
May 19, 2018, 01:40:05 PM
I'm really surprised about this percentage being so high. I've been involved in quite a few ICO's and bounties and I've only encountered one scam in an airdrop/ICO. I believe if you do your research thoroughly, you don't have much risk of getting scammed.  Wink Wink
Activity: 336
May 19, 2018, 01:29:07 PM
I think that 80% is too much to be true.As for me approximately about 60-65% of all Icos are scam.But there are also good promising projects with nice teams and working products.
Activity: 86
May 19, 2018, 01:26:12 PM
I think this study is quite right, I have participated in 200 airdrops over the past two months and the number of tokens I received is only 8
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
May 19, 2018, 01:22:02 PM
This one is very good topic now a days much blow for it many people are criticizing about compains scamming some of them points are true but not all of them scammers the concerning department must be think about it and resolve this issue for it.but one thing is the main ico still working for their best and still go on.some people 1st check the project and team than they join it.
Activity: 88
May 19, 2018, 12:46:27 PM
They call it scam because majority of the ICO didn't deliver what they promised to their investors. Many of them just collect money for their own profit. Others gives a short timeline and under estimate the work to be done,  one reason why the development is still in process.
Activity: 130
May 19, 2018, 09:20:36 AM
Most of the ICOs are scams and it is very difficult to identify which one  is genuine. So check the team and project before taking part.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
May 19, 2018, 09:09:00 AM
That number I think is not accurate, only a few ico is cheated because of the people they use the trust of others, I see the opposite of ico is really trustworthy for you, If 80% is false then I think those icos will not exist today
yes maybe not all is scams i think, but more than 60% icos is scams and fails its true, not easy found good icos but when you get it you will going to the moon the prices will going crazy man
Activity: 113
May 19, 2018, 08:51:22 AM
There are already over 1,600 sighted ICOs this year since January and sad to say there are about or around 20% of them had passed and bumped into www.coinmarketcap.com list as newly listed altcoins to be legally traded in the crypto market so I think Yes, most of the ICOs running today cannot proceed to the finish line as some of them are scams, fraud and bogus ICOs that were trying to rob investors' money and crypto assets.
Activity: 19
May 19, 2018, 08:49:18 AM
In fact, probably even 95% of all ICOs are scammers. The problem is that any big money attracts scams, which then kill the ecosystem of the entire business. It's sad.
Activity: 25
May 19, 2018, 04:26:37 AM
In fact, probably even 95% of all ICOs are scammers. The problem is that any big money attracts scams, which then kill the ecosystem of the entire business. It's sad.
Activity: 462
May 18, 2018, 11:18:08 PM
The ICO project is indeed a lot of fraudsters. Investment needs to be cautious. After seeing some of my friends investing in fraud, I have lost confidence in the ICO market. Now I only invest in buying and selling cryptocurrencies! It is best for beginners not to blindly invest, and the risk is great!
Activity: 658
Merit: 107
May 18, 2018, 11:09:07 PM
I think, the percentage of scam among ICO is not so big and is about 20-25%. There are also many ICO's that have a weak potential for development and do not reach the goal, so the price of their token is constantly falling. When choosing an ICO for investment, it is necessary to analyze as many factors as possible, the only way you can reduce risks.
Activity: 168
May 18, 2018, 11:01:33 PM
That number I think is not accurate, only a few ico is cheated because of the people they use the trust of others, I see the opposite of ico is really trustworthy for you, If 80% is false then I think those icos will not exist today
Activity: 21
May 18, 2018, 10:56:05 PM
It is very unfortunate but it is a fact. The scam ICOs are even growing in numbers compared to the past years. Conducting an ICO is easier than traditional crowdfunding that's why it is a target of many scammers. I hope this will be regulated accordingly. Scam ICOs are one of the reasons why cryptocurrency is degrading and having bad reputation. Wink
Activity: 140
May 18, 2018, 04:07:38 PM
Now a lot of scam projects.  And to find a successful project is very difficult.  But I advise you to spend time and find these projects.
Activity: 321
Merit: 100
May 18, 2018, 03:24:17 PM
Using publicly available sources, Satis Group LLC classified initial coin offerings (ICOs) with market capitalizations of at least 50 million USD by quality, following an ICO’s evolution from white paper, fundraising, to eventual trading online. Their findings include the eye-popping claim that 80% of ICO’s are scams, and only 8% managed to trade on a exchange.
Activity: 149
May 18, 2018, 03:17:16 PM
Not all of the ICO is a scam. I think now even an awful lot of very good projects. And with new projects popping up this extremely helpful because we can choose projects according to our good. There may be some projects that you follow and you don't get the prize payouts, so you could say it like that.
Pages:
Jump to: