Pages:
Author

Topic: $80,000,000 dollar transaction just hit blockchain! - page 2. (Read 7942 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
This is why I see bitcoin the payment method of the future.

Yes bagholders will for sure use it. No doubt.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
This is why I see bitcoin the payment method of the future.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
at least in this case I vote for fees. Let's think about miners1

0.0001BTC is really low compared to paypal, mastercard, visa, banks fees and charges.

Don't you think?
In my opinion fees should just decide how fast a transaction gets processed.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

0.0001BTC is really low compared to paypal, mastercard, visa, banks fees and charges.

Don't you think?

I agree
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

Don't you think?
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
I think this is where Bitcoin shines. It's nearly feeless when it comes to huge transactions, but for small ones, you do pay high TX fees.

Support the rich and rob the poor. Not one of the finest moments for Bitcoin.

What's your problem? Mailing a $5 billion check costs the same in postage as mailing a $5 check.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
Hail to the power of Bitcoin.
World need to know how awesome Bitcoin is, how easy it is to use and without borders.

Please World, adopt Bitcoin everywhere! World will be better place
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I just checked the price on coinmarketcap and it is still at around the same level days ago. If the guy bought btc from open market, that would translate to price jump but no... so probably my guess is some early adopters moving around or consolidating the btc to their own new account perhaps?Huh
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I would bet it is one of the exchanges moving the funds from one address to another. Nothing exciting about this.

Yes that's for sure; but it's still a huge transaction with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
What is the big fuss about that?

It is just a number with 1-2-3-... 8digits. Cheesy
I think this is where Bitcoin shines. It's nearly feeless when it comes to huge transactions, but for small ones, you do pay high TX fees.

Low fees are for both rich and poor. Nobody gets robbed.
It is not bad, just because we don't exclude the rich from using it. That is really some fucked up logic.
Activity: 593
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

Activity: 434
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

I would bet it is one of the exchanges moving the funds from one address to another. Nothing exciting about this.
Maybe they just wanted to show that big money transactions are really easy with BTC, these days people just think BTC is eligible for doing micropayments(like ChangeTips, CoinBase Tip etc.). Of course it's very risky to transfer a huge amount like this...

I dont see it as risky to keep all the coins in one wallet if it's strong enough protected in cold storage or whatever , I'm sure anyone with that many Coins knows what they're doing.... Hopefully Smiley

Before someone says gox got hacked etc, no, I think gox was an inside job but I guess we'll never know...

Gox is really a bad example. Since Karpelles was really incompetent, regardless of if he was hacked or if it was an inside job.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Maybe they just wanted to show that big money transactions are really easy with BTC, these days people just think BTC is eligible for doing micropayments(like ChangeTips, CoinBase Tip etc.). Of course it's very risky to transfer a huge amount like this...

I dont see it as risky to keep all the coins in one wallet if it's strong enough protected in cold storage or whatever , I'm sure anyone with that many Coins knows what they're doing.... Hopefully Smiley

Before someone says gox got hacked etc, no, I think gox was an inside job but I guess we'll never know...

No, it is not.
Otherwise please explain, what is risky about it.

Even I do my own 'little' transactions with double checking the receiver adress, there are few ways for hacking transaction coins. Lots of people opened lots of threads about it in last years as we follow; but still we don't know some other tactics and it's not secure to transfer such a big money like this. Also some other friends told the same, it's too risky to keep such a big money in just one wallet.

We should accept that, today bitcoin's two major problem is volatility and security. If we manage to solve these two factors, Bitcoin will achieve its goals faster.
I still don't understand what you mean by "hacking transaction coins".
Could you explain or give me a link to such a thread?
Activity: 381
No, it is not.

Even I do my own 'little' transactions with double checking the receiver adress, there are few ways for hacking transaction coins. Lots of people opened lots of threads about it in last years as we follow; but still we don't know some other tactics and it's not secure to transfer such a big money like this. Also some other friends told the same, it's too risky to keep such a big money in just one wallet.

We should accept that, today bitcoin's two major problem is volatility and security. If we manage to solve these two factors, Bitcoin will achieve its goals faster.
No, it is not.
You can send it for even 0.00001 fees. I have done this twice and no problems almost same conformation speed for me.

What wallet let's you send for 0.00001 or even no fees?
I thought the 0.001 or 4 cents was standard Practice now
I still send mostly 0 fee transaction, since I just move from one wallet to another and don't care if it takes a day to confirm.
Some days ago I moved from my Bitcoin-Qt to my Mycelium-Wallet and it took some hours to confirm.
You can set the minimum fee in the options in Bitcoin-Qt.
Activity: 502
That fee might even be for shitz and giggles. I've sent a handful of mature coins from cold storage with no fee, and they are still highest priority to confirm.

I'd think he'd want some assurance that the transaction will go through without problems. Better safe than sorry.
Pages:
Jump to: