Pages:
Author

Topic: 8th Alt coin thread. Or what to do now that asics are all over the place. - page 22. (Read 81426 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 4
Yeah, it can be some FPGAs..

XMR after the CNV8 fork was not that profitable as before.

anyone else notice the sudden diff jump in XMR....    Might be a hint....  Price surely isn't reflecting it;  so it must be a new machine at play.    I highly doubt that much gear was turned on all at once based on any other reasoning....

No, that's not true.  XMR has been profitable (somewhat so) but something changed recently, I noticed it.  The change is recent, nothing to do with CNV8 fork back in October.

Also, I would point out that the original reference Vega 64 boards are showing up on ebay for $300 give or take, and price seems to be trending down.  If you have the patience to disassemble them and slap on Morpheus II coolers and keep them in an open air case, they are rock steady at 1830-1860 on CNV8 all day, every day.  I'm just saying they may have value relative to the new $700 cards.  If you want the gory details, pm me.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
xmr will be attacked time and time again

sucks but it is true

test pools info

stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333

35DBYdnzdF1WnsmiqEytuNe24pHCaxrw5u

stratum+tcp://sha256.usa.nicehash.com:3334

btc.viabtc.com:3333
Activity: 633
Merit: 267
anyone else notice the sudden diff jump in XMR....    Might be a hint....  Price surely isn't reflecting it;  so it must be a new machine at play.    I highly doubt that much gear was turned on all at once based on any other reasoning....

Indeed. 20% increase, Network hashrate was around ~370 Mh/s and right now is ~440 Mh/s.
If the shit hits the fan like last year, POW will change again.

Update: Radeon VII been announced but not available yet.
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
Yeah, it can be some FPGAs..

XMR after the CNV8 fork was not that profitable as before.

anyone else notice the sudden diff jump in XMR....    Might be a hint....  Price surely isn't reflecting it;  so it must be a new machine at play.    I highly doubt that much gear was turned on all at once based on any other reasoning....
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
legendary
What do you guys think on the AMD Vega VII coming out next month?  That 16 GB of HBM2 might be nice on CN Heavy algos.

any price estimate?

Priced at $699, competes with and in some cases beats the RTX 2080 in gaming applications.

I have not had time to watch the whole live stream yet, but you can view it here if you wish:  https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/watch_the_amd_ces_2019_event_ceo_dr_lisa_su_keynote_live_stream_here.html

The upcoming Ryzen 3000 series CPUs are pretty amazing performance + value too, but probably not of huge interest to the average miner.

Love my 1920x threadripper cpu.

I will check that link you gave.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
What do you guys think on the AMD Vega VII coming out next month?  That 16 GB of HBM2 might be nice on CN Heavy algos.

any price estimate?

Priced at $699, competes with and in some cases beats the RTX 2080 in gaming applications.

I have not had time to watch the whole live stream yet, but you can view it here if you wish:  https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/watch_the_amd_ces_2019_event_ceo_dr_lisa_su_keynote_live_stream_here.html

The upcoming Ryzen 3000 series CPUs are pretty amazing performance + value too, but probably not of huge interest to the average miner.
legendary

any price estimate?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
legendary
I checked and see that I only have the large eight card boards not the six card ones
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I posted this in another thread but I might just as well post it in here too:

I was wondering what the best (i.e. cheapest) case would be for an Onda D1800 with 6 GPUs on it... It would need to fit the PSU as well I reckon. Don't want to splash out too much cash, but I'm thinking of moving this open-air rig to another place so I need it properly secured. I'm guessing some type of 4U case should work...?
best bet is check aliexpress, and ebay.... you should be able to search of "onda 1800 case" and find results.

Or;  See if spotwood's open air frame would be in the price range and liking to you.   I personally bought his frame for my D8P and it was one of the best decisions i've made for that machine.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
I posted this in another thread but I might just as well post it in here too:

I was wondering what the best (i.e. cheapest) case would be for an Onda D1800 with 6 GPUs on it... It would need to fit the PSU as well I reckon. Don't want to splash out too much cash, but I'm thinking of moving this open-air rig to another place so I need it properly secured. I'm guessing some type of 4U case should work...?
legendary

@MingMining

I got one of them let me look around for it.  i am going to solar array tomorrow.

I will let you know in about 24-26 hours.

I think it is not running any cards

I have a shit ton of mobos if you need one my zip code is 07731 Howell NJ
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
@philipma1957

Anyone still own ONDA D1800 mining motherboard? The heatsink on mine failed and almost stop working. Any idea where I can get parts or anyway to fix it? TIA
The tiny heatsink/fan combo on the integrated cpu you mean?
Not sure if you can get any replacement for it from Onda but you could certainly diy something. It's pretty tiny. Not much heat coming out of that J1800 Celery...

yeah 10 watts

https://ark.intel.com/products/78866/Intel-Celeron-Processor-J1800-1M-Cache-up-to-2-58-GHz-

aim any half way decent 60/80mm fan or such at it and your are probably good.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
@philipma1957

Anyone still own ONDA D1800 mining motherboard? The heatsink on mine failed and almost stop working. Any idea where I can get parts or anyway to fix it? TIA
The tiny heatsink/fan combo on the integrated cpu you mean?
Not sure if you can get any replacement for it from Onda but you could certainly diy something. It's pretty tiny. Not much heat coming out of that J1800 Celery...
Activity: 202
Merit: 10
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
@philipma1957

legendary
If they decide to go with the switch, I don't think it will be rolled out in the next 2-4 months. Most likely by the next ETH fork which is probably going to be in about a year or so.

In my opinion they should of just switched to this algo at the upcoming 2 week Constatine fork. The ETH devs already knew about these ETH ASICs which created a huge hashrate jump out of nowhere. I don't see a point in switching at the next fork because the following fork will be a POS fork which will disable GPU mining anyways.

I think ETH will go progpow and stay with it for years to come.

Bottom line is this pos does not work.

It is basically a bank cd and no fdic on it.

Or a bond without insurance.

I done a lot of enconomic study and gpu mining is essential as the gamer-miner is big for mining and crypto adoption.

Maybe progpow can bring it back.

yeah hopefull once eth does progpow , it pushes ZEC to move to something else too.  I can imagine bit-main and their shills are worried now , I know it sucks but I would like this downturn to proceed till 2020 ti
really put asic makers in a deep hole they can't get out of

Still mining the BCI hoping for it to go to 3 usd this year. Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
If they decide to go with the switch, I don't think it will be rolled out in the next 2-4 months. Most likely by the next ETH fork which is probably going to be in about a year or so.

In my opinion they should of just switched to this algo at the upcoming 2 week Constatine fork. The ETH devs already knew about these ETH ASICs which created a huge hashrate jump out of nowhere. I don't see a point in switching at the next fork because the following fork will be a POS fork which will disable GPU mining anyways.

I done a lot of enconomic study and gpu mining is essential as the gamer-miner is big for mining and crypto adoption.

yeah hopefull once eth does progpow , it pushes ZEC to move to something else too.  I can imagine bit-main and their shills are worried now , I know it sucks but I would like this downturn to proceed till 2020 ti
really put asic makers in a deep hole they can't get out of
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Pages:
Jump to: