Pages:
Author

Topic: 99% of all projects is worthless and not worth a cent. What do you think? - page 6. (Read 1435 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Even at this 99% claim without facts is not true.  Truth be told we have mainly worthless coin, because most focus on making profit rather than embracing to use case of the token or coins. 
It's high time we start focusing on use cases and how to make projects get acceptability.

Of course everyone wants to make a profit, That's just the way it is. I want that, you want that, everyone wants that. That is the most important thing, the profit.

You can put $ 100,000 in an ico and then embrace the project and do not start focusing on the profit. When the project is ready for 2 years, your $ 100,000 investment is worth only $ 100. Defs are not awake, they have your $ 100000 investment right after the ico converted to 12 bitcoin.

They have been able to make that $ 100,000 20x in bitcoin in those 2 years.

They simply have no intrinsic value. They do not add anything to the project.
That's why I say 99 percent is just worthless. A Project is not at risk if everyone dumps everything after an ico

Ok here some facts.

111089 contracts have already been created with ethereum.
In total there have been more than 3000 ico's.

I now just calculate just what is in the ico archive on this website.
This website has a total of 1957 ico sales in the archive.
www.icodata.io/ICO

Total 1975 icos sales
47 icos is return 3x
Of these 47 icos there are only 22 icos with a more than x10 return

22 of that 1975 = 99%

I always like when people present there fact to back up their findings or claims, after seeing your source of data and your analysis, I agree with you on the above statement about ICO's and this more reason why a lot of people always dump when they invest in an ICO
Activity: 223
Merit: 17
Besides bitcoin, I find projects interesting where you are rewarded for hodling. With divident you build up extra income every day.

NEO for example. A year and a half ago I bought 1250 antshares for rebranding to NEO. Around $ 1.60 and $ 2.10 each I paid.
I still have all this NEO untouched in my wallet and have looked at it again. Because I get an x number of GAS paid per week.
BNB binance coin is also a good investment. On the exchange, for example, you can trade much cheaper if you use BNBfee. Also by binance every one BNB party is destroyed by a burn so the supply gets smaller.

Projects that hold an ICO to, for example, build a webshops where you can pay with cryptocurrency. Do not have to keep an ico at all.
For example, they raise $ 5,000,000 million with a ico and give you worthless coins in return. They have earned $ 4,995,000 and will never have to work in their lives again. For less than $ 5000, they are just done with your project.
There are also many people who themselves feel sorry for the developers because everyone has dumped the tokens and because of this the project has not been given a chance. In reality, the developers dump their 25% of total tokens to make a deathcoin.
Who would rather not have that quickly earned $ 4.995.000 and enjoy a luxurious life for the rest of their lives, then also have to be busy with a stupid web shop.

All these types of projects do you have tokens that are simply worthless. and they also do not need an ico to start a webshop.
If some are still not convinced, I'll show you how cheap you can make everything.

Buy here for $600 a ready-made android template of the webshop app.  http://www.templatestheme.com/product/ecommerce-android-app/
Buy here for $52 the web template http://www.templatestheme.com/product/e-commerce-html-fashion-web-templates/
Buy here for $ 450 de webshop http://www.templatestheme.com/product/ecommerce-fashion-website/

This is how cheap they can buy and build a complete webshop.
Not only ecommerce projects. But everything can be downloaded without difficulty.
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
I hope it's more than 1% that are the good projects but mostly you are right. Most ICOs was being made only for quick cash. And huge cost of services for ICOs is good marker for this. It was overpriced, and it's still probably overpriced right now. Bitcoin can make 80-90% correction in my opinion, but altcoins can have 95-99% losses. But also they can pump a lot from the bottom.
dsc
Activity: 43
Most tokens are worthless because the project creators have no idea how to run a proper market.
Activity: 223
Merit: 17
I have now discovered a new worthless ico startup. this project appeared in the adds ads on CMC.
This project: www.ubex.com

I have not read anything at all on the website what kind of project this is. Only the pictures of the members of the team I know enough where this project ends after the ico. Check those photos of all persons in the team tab. This is just laughable what these pictures look like.
Check all those other pictures below and more on the webbsite. In any case, they are not good at Photoshop. All photos have been photoshopped very bad.
They all look like a wojak meme.  Grin  Grin

This model head is so unrealistic.
You can only get this model head if your parents have pushed
your head under the wheels of the train as a small baby  Grin

This model head is also totally non-symmetrical
They have stuck a bunch of nephaar on it.
The eyes are turned upside down in his head
It seems that his chin, mouth, nose, eyes are stuck on the picture.

That left eye is much larger than the other eye.

Here is just a completely new face stuck on  Grin

Activity: 168
70% of all projects are scam, and about 20% of them are worthless and would only give you a penny while the rest are the real projects that can give you what you really work for.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
Yes, most of the projects are not going to succeed and that's a fact but there will be ones which do and they will rule the crypto world.

A lot will succeed if the  team will just be a diligent as how they  do when they were doing ICO. TEAMs are always present and hardworking when they are in the ICO phase of the project but after they got the money, they suddenly start slacky. That's when the terrible things can happen when investors lose  trust. If they are jsut as how they were from the start and starts developing the project, they will succeed.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
At any time, you can sell, but since the market is now high, it is certainly best to sell now, because it is possible to decline, but it is not ruled out. Smiley Wink Grin Grin Grin  Yes, you correctly noticed, now just a space take-off of crypto-currency and this is a very good indicator of our time. Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 5
This assessment is wrong
virtually there are bad and worthless projects
But those are only less than 10% worthless projects across the crypto world

All you need to do is stop participating in fraudulent projects and stay safe
Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys
Yes, most of the projects are not going to succeed and that's a fact but there will be ones which do and they will rule the crypto world.
Activity: 45
Well I do not agree that 99% , but 70-80 percent sure . It all depends on the product that the project produces , and it is not always necessary and relevant. For investors who invest their money in these projects , there is simply nothing. it became more and more difficult to choose really necessary and effective companies which will not appear swindlers and will bring profit in the future
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
better Days Ahead...
I won't agree with you on that percentage because there are still a lot of good projects around, though most project are not really worth it but there are some project that really worth it.
Activity: 182
I agree with your point, most times when i see the ICO hard cap about how much they are looking to raise, it makes me to wonder, most them have a hard cap of 12 - 50M or even higher and I start to wonder what they are really doing with all that money, someone told me that they use it for exchange listing and paying for partnerships, I don't know how true is that?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature Space For Rent
~~

Agree with you. Recently many ICO project scammed people. So now investors are not encourage to invest on ICO project. Most of ICO just buy a template for website and use fake team from over internet. I was caught some ICO with fake team and they scammed people. Few project even can't reach soft cap. Although few ICO project raised fund successfully and listed on exchange. But unfortunately maximum token drop price from ICO price. In that case people are getting same indirectly. I think it's better stay away from ICO now.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Do you say 99%! No i disagree. Although the industry is full of shitcoin and shit project. The good news is  that there are still few very good project that raise fund successfully and they are doing well with the development of the project. As for over estimating project funds, I will say most of them do raise more fund than they need for the development of the project  and i dont have problem with that in as much they will make use of the fund to better enhance the success of the project.
Activity: 261
Merit: 1
www.fintropy.io
with the reviews that you say I don't really believe completely. there are many ico projects that succeed and fail because the market is not currently supportive and I am still learning to participate in projects but I don't think like you but I'm still sure there are some good projects and I don't believe 99% of projects are really worthless .
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
though indeed many scams I don't think it will be that much a scam going on. still many projects or ICO have good potential for investment. This certainly will rely on analysis to be made in the selection of the project so that it can generate the appropriate values of hope, too.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
Not really 99%. According to my research in the top 100 coin in the coinmarket. There are about 65% of projects that operate without a minimum product. This is alarming for the crypto market in the near future. If there are still no products then the coin will probably die
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
I respect you position about the ico project either those running and those ended but i don't think the 99% are worthless and not deserving to be invested because i have been an ico investor too and all i can say is 8-9 out of 10 are scammers and worthless but not 99% because thats a huge count
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
eventually everyone will come to this simple realization.
you can always hide the fact that altcoins are pump and dumps for so long before newbies gain experience and stop falling for their tricks. last year brought in a lot of newbies who thought altcoins were all going to be as big a bitcoin so they started investing in them and that created the illusion that they may be right. but as this year started and they got dumped they figured out the reality and now everyone like OP is starting to realize all of them are worthless.

it is like a cycle that we keep seeing every year or 2 years at most in the altcoin market.
Pages:
Jump to: