Pages:
Author

Topic: 99% of all projects is worthless and not worth a cent. What do you think? - page 7. (Read 1435 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
In bear market probably 99% of all past ICOs are worthless because people are selling these tokens and buying more safe coins like Bitcoin and Ethereum, but in bull run, they will sell these big coins and invest into ICOs which provide some progress.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
actually, we can't say that there is a lot of ico that scams. we know that we can still get the legit ico. i know that it really requires a good understanding in choosing ico. but certainly, if we can choose ico well and be more careful then we will get the legit ico. therefore we will get the satisfying results.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
I agree, the market now is full of useless coin, the main reasons is everyone keep on adding new coin, hoping that they can make easy profit, and the investors of the coin is doing buy dump, abandon, it makes the useless coin stacking on the market, and when the coin already being abandon the team developers prefer to create new coin, so we got tons of coins with almost zero value
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
that is mainly what i have been saying for a very long time.
the altcoin market is filled with a lot of useless tokens that are only used inside exchanges by speculators to make money and nothing else. and since creation of a new coin is easy and creation of a new ICO token is even easier we keep seeing lots and lots of them being created for pump and dump purposes. and useless tokens like Ether benefit from this situation and increase their price as the ICO hype increases.

as for the project you just advertised here, i don't see any difference between it and the rest of them to be honest. it is just another "nice words and promises" because it is new and will end up like the rest!
Activity: 223
Merit: 17

Even at this 99% claim without facts is not true.  Truth be told we have mainly worthless coin, because most focus on making profit rather than embracing to use case of the token or coins. 
It's high time we start focusing on use cases and how to make projects get acceptability.

Of course everyone wants to make a profit, That's just the way it is. I want that, you want that, everyone wants that. That is the most important thing, the profit.

You can put $ 100,000 in an ico and then embrace the project and do not start focusing on the profit. When the project is ready for 2 years, your $ 100,000 investment is worth only $ 100. Defs are not awake, they have your $ 100000 investment right after the ico converted to 12 bitcoin.

They have been able to make that $ 100,000 20x in bitcoin in those 2 years.

They simply have no intrinsic value. They do not add anything to the project.
That's why I say 99 percent is just worthless. A Project is not at risk if everyone dumps everything after an ico

Ok here some facts.

111089 contracts have already been created with ethereum.
In total there have been more than 3000 ico's.

I now just calculate just what is in the ico archive on this website.
This website has a total of 1957 ico sales in the archive.
www.icodata.io/ICO

Total 1975 icos sales
47 icos is return 3x
Of these 47 icos there are only 22 icos with a more than x10 return

22 of that 1975 = 99%
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
I think 99% is grossly exaggerated. That being said a lot of projects are scams without any intentions to continue work on the project after fleecing people of their money from ICO. This is why important to research various ICOs before committing time and resources to them.
Activity: 236
Merit: 3
especially ico prices are much too high. An ico investor is hardly rewarded nowadays. Bounty airdrop rewards are paid out too quickly for example, so the prices quickly fall below the ico price and there is no room for a healthy price. bounty and airdrop tokens should in my opinion only be paid after 6 months to protect ico investors.
Ico startups also have to store their collected money in a wallet. many ico projects, in my opinion, also buy tokens in their own ico from their collected ethereum, so you can not check if everything is sold fairly.

You also have good projects but they do not need tokens at all.

With 99% i not mean only the 1800 coins on CMC, but included the few 1000 coins what not is listed on CMC
Even at this 99% claim without facts is not true.  Truth be told we have mainly worthless coin, because most focus on making profit rather than embracing to use case of the token or coins. 
It's high time we start focusing on use cases and how to make projects get acceptability.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
First of all, we must understand that there is no value in judging whether a project has value. Whether a project has a real product or not does not represent the overall failure. You have not chosen a good project. Your own problem. I disagree with this. Point of view, some projects are worthless, but you say that 99% is too exaggerated.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Well the market is been driven by demand and supply and if the demand for tokens were so high then it is mostly likely that the prices will go up so high, so back in 2017 there was a high demand because a lot investors were coming into the space and investing on these coins, coming to this, there is less demand and and people are now selling off, much investors are not coming in, new investors comes in when there are a lot of FOMO about crypto currency.

Well said, I think I will have to agree with you, no matter how useless or worthless something might be, if it is been priced so high then it will be sold at that high price, so the price of coins is not determined by the exchanges rather it is determined by the people buying and how much they are willing to buy.
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
Well the market is been driven by demand and supply and if the demand for tokens were so high then it is mostly likely that the prices will go up so high, so back in 2017 there was a high demand because a lot investors were coming into the space and investing on these coins, coming to this, there is less demand and and people are now selling off, much investors are not coming in, new investors comes in when there are a lot of FOMO about crypto currency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
99% is hyperbolic and not true
Maybe 40% projects are terrible without proper continuation of work
Do ensure to figure out before investing
That’s all that matters
Activity: 266
I think everyone understands that there is a lot of deceit here, but this is a crypto currency, decentralization, lack of control and a third person, and everything is still in its infancy. If you are so embarrassed by this situation, come here in 5 years, perhaps by this time of deception there will be much less.
Activity: 223
Merit: 17
especially ico prices are much too high. An ico investor is hardly rewarded nowadays. Bounty airdrop rewards are paid out too quickly for example, so the prices quickly fall below the ico price and there is no room for a healthy price. bounty and airdrop tokens should in my opinion only be paid after 6 months to protect ico investors.
Ico startups also have to store their collected money in a wallet. many ico projects, in my opinion, also buy tokens in their own ico from their collected ethereum, so you can not check if everything is sold fairly.

You also have good projects but they do not need tokens at all.

With 99% i not mean only the 1800 coins on CMC, but included the few 1000 coins what not is listed on CMC
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
Don't bother reading the long article, just skip to the 15th paragraph which the main subject is about introducing and advertising another new project that is not presumed worthless different from 99% worthless projects spoke about in previous 14 paragraphs.
Activity: 448
I think it's not 99% of the new ICO's are meaningless as what was being claimed on this thread. I believe that there are still many ICO's and alts that are good and promising coins. However, there were also many scam ICO's that are in the market with a no clear project platform and what interest them is only to gain during token sale and later leave without giving a reward payout to the bounty hunters.
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
Mountains is my passion
Not a 99%, about 50% I guess. Some projects just doesn't collect enough money to go on with developing.
Lot of gambling and gaming projects and, yes, they're 99% total trash.
Activity: 34
Well it is not like 99% coz there are still a lot of projects with working product! You just have to be vigilant on choosing in every project you want to invest to. If you have time you can look on our project. Here is our website
 https://outofthecloud.io . we already have a working product and our product is live since 2012!
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
I think you overestimate the number of projects that are worthless and underestimate and cost of running a business based on blockchain technology.

I do however agree with your criticism that some projects have raised much more money than they actually need to fulfill the project. From looking at the current market for ICO's the kinds of garbage projects that were raising money 9 months ago are no longer getting funded as the fall in crypto prices has driven out a lot of the stupid money that entered the market last year. Good projects however are still not having trouble raising money.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
I wouldn't say 99%, but maybe the 85%-90% of the coins/projects are nothing more than vaporware. Let's talk about the projects listed on Coinmarketcap, if we take the 1835 coins that are currently in the market, 90% would be around 1652 coins that IMO are just garbage money-grabbing projects with inflated numbers that don't offer nothing new.

Then we'll be left with almost 200 coins wich are legit projects, some of those coins have actual real-world use cases, some other projects offer innovation and have a promising future should they get enough funds. Unfortunately, we've reach the point where none of that matters, nobody cares about the tech anymore, it's all about making money.

And honestly, why would people care about the tech when they're just looking to make some quick bucks off a project which is may or may not raise in value?  It's a dynamic that goes like this: invest in X or Y coin/token (invest? more like gamble your money) - wait for the price to go up (somehow the value of these shitty projects always goes up) - dump it all once it reaches a certain price - move on to the next one. It's a vicious cycle, and it doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon as the cryptocurrency market has proven to be a very profitable market.
Activity: 126
I will not agree with this data... Too much bias for a 99% of those altcoins. A failure of any project is not a failure of the whole. I you failed to choose a good project then I think that's your problem. Many good projects that has finished recently but affected with the bad market conditions.
Pages:
Jump to: