Pages:
Author

Topic: 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto - page 5. (Read 3281 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 1
And this is a fair statement. If you turn to history, then before people just changed things for things. Then they began to change things to salt or animal skins. In the United States, for example, paper money appeared in 1861. The reason is simple, silver and gold simply did not suffice at all. Do you think people easily abandoned iron money in favor of paper money?
Then came up with plastic cards. And again the people were distrustful of them, but how many of them were there? Crypto currency is just another stage of money change and it is inevitable. And people will get used to this very soon.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?

They are only thinking about physical cash or fiat because they did not really know about cryptocurrency but when the time comes that all of the country are using bitcoins then they will all decide to do the same thing since it was more profitable.
Activity: 280
This might be true that 99% of the people still think that fiat money are better than crypto because fiat money is still the accustomed of many people around world , even the popularity of bitcoin in the digital world but outside , bitcoin is not known yet by all people especially
Activity: 644
It's not the case that people think that fiat money is better they are just accustomed to this money and people are comfortable using them. If only bitcoin was also available as a fiat money people would be accustomed to it as they used to plastic cards in their time.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Because people are get to used fiat in their life this past 20 years or more and we can't blame them for not accepting crypto into their life, but our part as investors, traders, and contributors we are to spread about this cryptocurrency to everyone little by little as some will try to slowly accept and embrace it, don't rush them and don't try to tamper their belief as for the moment because it will create conflict.

Jeremiah 29:11
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
And where are the statistics or graphs showing this? lol, it seems like a blind guess to me.
If you take me as an example then I would say crypto is better and according to you the other 99 people will say they prefer fiat over crypto, bs.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
This is because the infrastructure for crypto currency is still very poorly developed and bitcoin does not yet have the capabilities that would enable it to use it as a means of payment for everyday purchases. When he acquires these opportunities and they can be paid directly for goods and services at any outlets, the situation will change. Financial relations do not like haste, the introduction of crypto currency is a very complex and lengthy process.
Activity: 210
We can't blame people for that mentality, belief and practice. In terms of investments, the modern
and new way I have to say crypto is the best way to go. But still crypto relies on the actual fiat
value of it in the real world. I do think there's a point to it, as long as crypto stays where it is and
remains highly volatile and unregulated, I think fiat is still prominent with people.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
The general population declines the cryptocurrencies forms of money since they don't recognize well, and they not believe in the digital currencies. if you say fiat or cash whatever kind of cash they know it. For instance. If you try to state cash to around 7-10 years of age, they comprehend who it works and its essential. If you say cryptocurrencies to them, they can't achieve their insight about it. I think the motivation behind why fiat is better that cryptocurrencies

Activity: 264
Merit: 11
the suggestion of crypto was favorable however maybe this idea is kinda new to them thus, they think the possibility of scam. but if you think somehow the digital money or cryptocurrency is more volatile which you can generate profit or lose some money. The power of fiat money will not replaced by the cryptocurrency simply because it has superior governance by the banks and government.
Activity: 105
People chose to work hard to earn fiat rather than surfing the internet and learn everything about crypto. If that is their choice then let's just respect them, it's them who handles it after all. They chose to have fiat because they don't have enough idea and knowledge about crypto.

Exactly, many people don't believe with the internet currency, even my father used to scold me whenever i talks about the Bitcoin. Because my father doesn't have knowledge of the Internet and Bitcoin, even we explain properly to them they are still scolding it is because of lack of knowledge.
The only reason behind all this is that those 99% of the people living in this world do not know anything about any of the crypto coin and that they still believe that there is only currency in the entire world and that is regular currency or you can say paper currency. Once they will get to know about this crypto currency, their thinking will surely be changed and that they will be very much interested in investing their money into crypto coins.
Activity: 297
It is true that most people do not believe in cryptocurrencies and they are very negative about it specially with the scams and hacking. Right now it is a booming technology where ease, transparency and security of every transaction of your digital money is the reason it exist. If more people will use crypto and it will be integrated in everyday use then innovation in global transaction will surely come. Not to mention stability of prices of altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
People living in this world using fiat in their daily life and that already happens a long time ago. Using bitcoin is inconvenient for now at least with time it takes for bitcoin to arrive from wallet to another wallet.Of course it would change soon, and people will adapt the cryptocurrencies, but still need some time for this.
Everything takes a process, and like some newbie in this forum they do not recognize bitcoin and cryptocurrency but once they know about cryptocurrency they will find it hard to release cryptocurrency in their daily life. Because they see the future, the technology will grow so that the payment instrument will use the digital system.

But for people who have not known about cryptocurrency, one of the best ways to give them a good understanding of cryptocurrency is the government. The government will affect a person to be fond of cryptocurrency and influence someone to hate against cryptocurrency. Usually if one of the countries that prohibit bitcoin will be a lot of news from social media, print media and even visual media will explain the risk of cryptocurrency than from the advantage of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 147
Merit: 0
We can not deny the fact that 99% of people still believe that fiat money are better than crypto this is because volatility of price in the market having one of the biggest reason why people don't have interest in cryptocurrency compared to the real money which inherent by our ancestors.
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
That's great. Let's do an arithmetic problem.
There are 150-250 types of currencies in the world. Let's take 200.
On average, the average supporter for each currency is about 0.5%.
According to what you describe, 99% people think fiat money are better than bitcoin, then 1% think bitcoin is better than fiat currency. I think this is really great news for bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said: "Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"
Damn,now i think that he is right and fiat money are still way more convenient ,despite all the inflation,banks monopoly and control.From my personal experiense 99% of the people refuse to believe in bitcoin and refuse to adopt it in their daily life.Any opinions?

As far as I am concerned, what we have right now is the freedom of choice as there is a new form of money we can use for many intent and purposes...meaning we are not anymore limited with the fiat money. Personally speaking, I have no problem with the fiat money and there is no need to say that it would soon die because there will always be many people who can not use new technology and we have to respect them for their choice. Can you just imagine a woman who is already 85 and you insist that she should be using the crypto form of money instead of the paper bills she might have in her purse? That would tantamount to be an insult.

There is no need to choose one over the other because both have advantages and disadvantages and that is a big reality we have to accept in life: there is no perfect invention ever and all are subject to change that is why we always say that there is always some room for improvement. We have to remember that there is no law or any moral code for that matter dictating that we should be prioritizing the digital form of money over its printed counterpart. In other words, we can have both and I think this is quite true with all people here in the Bitcoin community. We have Bitcoin and we also have the traditional paper money. No need to dismiss one in favor of the other one.
At the present moment, we cannot choose only one of them because we don’t have any such choice at the first place. Paper money is still being used on a much larger scale than any digital currency. But that does not mean it is possible to ignore crypto coins, these are the future of money.Sooner or later, paper money will come to an end as people have started to think releasing their own crypto currency.
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
People living in this world using fiat in their daily life and that already happens a long time ago. Using bitcoin is inconvenient for now at least with time it takes for bitcoin to arrive from wallet to another wallet.Of course it would change soon, and people will adapt the cryptocurrencies, but still need some time for this.
Activity: 686
People chose to work hard to earn fiat rather than surfing the internet and learn everything about crypto. If that is their choice then let's just respect them, it's them who handles it after all. They chose to have fiat because they don't have enough idea and knowledge about crypto.

Exactly, many people don't believe with the internet currency, even my father used to scold me whenever i talks about the Bitcoin. Because my father doesn't have knowledge of the Internet and Bitcoin, even we explain properly to them they are still scolding it is because of lack of knowledge.
Activity: 315
Merit: 100
Investing in the future development of blockchain
I was talking with a friend of mine about cryptocurrencies and he said:
"Cryptocurrencies are anonymous?Nothing on the internet is anonymous.Having a bunch of dollars or euro in the pocket is the most anonymous way to store money. Grin"

Well we have different opinions about these two different currency, it just that the matter of loyalty, people think Bitcoin is better while the price were totally decreasing without any sign for it to happen, I guess people think people think fiat is better while it was stable and the chance for it ti increase is zero unless you'll respectfully do something to add some to it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Everyone is free to think and choose whatever he thinks it's right at hi eyes, but your friend lacks of knowledge, we have the best anonymous crypto, I'm talking about Monero and ZCash, which provides a solid privacy with their operations
You are right there are a lot of people in the world and everyone has different thinking about bitcoin, so those who think bitcoin is better than fiat will earn from bitcoin and those who think fiat is good then they will lose the opportunity so better if you favor bitcoin, we can buy with bitcoin, we can pay with bitcoin, we can earn with bitcoin and we can save bitcoin so I think fiat is lower in value than bitcoin.
There is no point of denying this fact that still there is a huge population living in this planet who praise paper money and that is only because of the reason that they still don’t know anything regarding crypto currencies and that for them nothing like that even exists. This trend will change in the future when more number of people will get to know about the crypto currencies.
Pages:
Jump to: