Pages:
Author

Topic: A book to read on when to sell (before a crash) - page 5. (Read 765 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
well I wrote on a book on mining, won't tell you when to sell but it will help you decide when to buy or sell mining equipment Smiley  Can also give you knowledge of that part of crypto which could help you make up your mind.  I think we still have a general altcoin pump to go through but I could be wrong.  Its free for now, www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y78RQF1
Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
so far I have never found a book that you mention its characteristics. because basically in a book it only covers theory and analysis that is permanent. whereas market growth cannot be categorized in a certain standard formula and theory. so if there is any, then the book will go through various revisions which are quite difficult. rather a book of predictions, or some sort of conspiracy book.
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
Of course 50x is insane, but this is my lowest threshold for me to be even thinking about selling, otherwise I have another job to think about. I'm now currently at 10x gains, and the question is if (ever) 50x comes to be true, shall I sell 10% or 50%, waiting for the 150x gains.
Time will tell you is right or wrong. You can use your time and your capital to test your method.

It's outdated book and only talking about stocks, especially they talk about Warren Buffet as we know he's not believe about Bitcoin or crypto, so it's useless.
There are rules that don't change with time. The statement "Buy the rumours, sell the news" is never wrong.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
Fundamental and Technical analysis is your friend for your problem. Find a reputable book for it since there is no specific book dedicated on predicting the market crash.

But in RT, It's impossible to determine the exact time or even a hint of it because it depends on peoples feelings. It will need a panic and fear in able to occur that scenario which no one can predict. Unless someone or a group of people organize a FUD to scare traders.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 603
You have to change with the time and instances mate. The crypto world is full of surprises. No one ever imagined in earlier days that bitcoin would cross 50k USD. That were all the speculation but today it has achieved something impossible. With this impossibly event comes new imagination and new era for bitcoin where one might be trading it at 100k USD in couple of years. So there is no point in learning what to do when it crashes. The thing is, even if it crash then it will come up eventually. Proof? Just check the history since Big Bang of bitcoin.  Smiley
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
First of all, crashed did not happen in 2017, it happened in 2018.

*A crashed did happen in 2017 to give you specifics just when Bitcoin has reached its ATH in 2017 which is around 19,600$+ on December 17 it started to fall down at that point if you wanna correct me just provide me a chart which will prove me wrong.

@OP if you are looking for a particular book about crypto trading I would advice you not to do so since books about technical analysis would be enough for this one since analyzing both charts of a stock and a cryptocurrency is all similar. Books such as Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John Murphy and Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns by Bulkowski are something that I personally have read and they are both noob friendly books IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3548
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
In general, you cannot determine the most appropriate point of sale because it is difficult to get a forecast with 100% accuracy, but it is (relatively) easy to determine the point of purchase.

Often the best time to buy is when we get a "crash" of 80% of Bitcoin ATH, so if the price reached $ 100,000 and was the highest price peak, and then the price fell by more than 40% to 80% or any range close to it would be Best time to buy.

in short wait till price reach ATH (current 58k) make sure that the price is lower than (40% to 80%) of that ATH.

if bitcoin break 100k 20k to 40k will be the best levels to buy more.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1143
It's outdated book and only talking about stocks, especially they talk about Warren Buffet as we know he's not believe about Bitcoin or crypto, so it's useless.

For @OP I think there's no book that talks about when to buy or when to say and which coin will be performed 50-150x gains in next years, because he already missed the opportunity to buy or sell coin when he write the books, as you know it take a lot time to create it.

I don't recommend it, but you're just asking about pump and dump signal that can be found on twitter, telegram or discord.
Activity: 379
Merit: 21
No in fact I am not selling anything before 50x, if the crash is coming before, let it be, I am not scratching my head for that. Initially I was planning to just hodl but I did not expect this bull run to be so insane.
Do you think 50x is insane enough?

If you have then any ideas about a technical analysis book for crypto then let it be, that would also help!.
But I am still looking for a book about what I was talking about in the original post.
It is difficult to find books that can give you what you're looking for. Crypto currency is new, crypto market is new and there are not enough books that are written only for crypto market, trading and investment.

This book deserves to be read: https://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-Investor-Definitive-Investing-Essentials/dp/0060555661

Fast rises, fast falls. That book talks about value investing and is suited for crypto market.

I know this book. I read "cryptoassets, the innovative investor's guide to bitcoin and beyond", that claims to be the modern "the intelligent investor"

Of course 50x is insane, but this is my lowest threshold for me to be even thinking about selling, otherwise I have another job to think about. I'm now currently at 10x gains, and the question is if (ever) 50x comes to be true, shall I sell 10% or 50%, waiting for the 150x gains.

But I can't find a book named "Fast rises, fast falls". Instead there is one called "Falling fast and rising slow"

About a book, there's no book that would exactly predict the future and would tell you what to do to be safe and be profitable.
All the books you can read are just based on the personal opinion of the writer because we as a trader are living in a speculative market.

The only thing I can suggest is just buy at dip and sell at peak, this strategy works all the time.
No need for book/s!

I am in no way looking to be safe. I am willing to be risky. I don't mind having a book with a personal opinion of the writer, provided he is a reputable writer. It is just an approximation of the thing. If I sell at 50x gains, then the price goes up by 200% then crashes 90%, I would be more than happy. If you have one of these books giving personal opinions, please tell me.

I am not invested in crypto on a daily basis or even a monthly basis. I just bought once last year and that's it. I just need some insights on when to sell, before the big crash.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 888
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
It's like if a crypto goes 50x in one year there is a chance at some point that there will be a crash. I need to know APPROXIMATELY when I should sell.

If that's what you're feeling right now, then you should sell it right away.
I really don't understand people talking about the Bitcoin crash even though it has never happened before. People who talk about these bubbles and crashes don’t really understand how it works. They don’t understand how markets work.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904

About a book, there's no book that would exactly predict the future and would tell you what to do to be safe and be profitable.
All the books you can read are just based on the personal opinion of the writer because we as a trader are living in a speculative market.

The only thing I can suggest is just buy at dip and sell at peak, this strategy works all the time.
No need for book/s!
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
No in fact I am not selling anything before 50x, if the crash is coming before, let it be, I am not scratching my head for that. Initially I was planning to just hodl but I did not expect this bull run to be so insane.
Do you think 50x is insane enough?

If you have then any ideas about a technical analysis book for crypto then let it be, that would also help!.
But I am still looking for a book about what I was talking about in the original post.
It is difficult to find books that can give you what you're looking for. Crypto currency is new, crypto market is new and there are not enough books that are written only for crypto market, trading and investment.

This book deserves to be read: https://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-Investor-Definitive-Investing-Essentials/dp/0060555661

Fast rises, fast falls. That book talks about value investing and is suited for crypto market.
Alright thank you for everybody who participated. No in fact I am not selling anything before 50x, if the crash is coming before, let it be, I am not scratching my head for that. Initially I was planning to just hodl but I did not expect this bull run to be so insane.

Activity: 882
Merit: 63
If there was a book like that, there will be a lot of rags to riches story because of trading but there isn't a lot so I think that there is no specific book that does that. Remember this, when you are writing a book about finances, be as vague as you can because you don't want the readers to know that you don't want to share your secrets to your success. There are books on technical analysis and trading in general but it will only get you so far, have the experience of trading to up your game. You can check out z-Library if you want to get free eBooks.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
I am not willing to trade on a daily basis, but I know for example about the 2017 crash.
The collapse of the market in 2018 is more correct. Bitcoin got its all time high in December 2017 and altcoins got their all time highs in January 2018. If you want to learn about crash, look at the dump in March 2020. It's a very classic crash.

Is there a reputable book, written by a reputable author, on how to know when to sell? It's like if a crypto goes 50x in one year there is a chance at some point that there will be a crash. I need to know APPROXIMATELY when I should sell.
If you set your target at 50x, you can be kill before price gets it. 50x is too greedy in my opinion. 3x or 5x is greedy enough to get profit for your investment in shit altcoins.

Volume is what you need to look. If price moves up x times but volume does not increase much. It will be crashed anytime soon.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1129
Hi,
I am not willing to trade on a daily basis, but I know for example about the 2017 crash.
Is there a reputable book, written by a reputable author, on how to know when to sell? It's like if a crypto goes 50x in one year there is a chance at some point that there will be a crash. I need to know APPROXIMATELY when I should sell.

Thank you!

You dont need any book or any ebooks out there. Just make out some simple search online and you will find tons of guides but those are basing off on technicals.

Just remember:
-Not all of those things written are precise
-Dont heavily rely on it
-Always take caution on applying on your own analysis
-Always set Plan B's.
-Take some time to learn up.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 355
There’s no specific book for this one, but you read many trading books and learn every TA, by this you can know if the price will continue to go up, or its about time for a corrections. Learn trading mate, its good that you’re looking for a book, also try to watch tutorials on youtube, that can be a big help as well.
Hi,

Thank you!
Pages:
Jump to: