Pages:
Author

Topic: A career - as an employee or a business owner which do you prefer and why? - page 19. (Read 2527 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
I have neither a goal of being a businessman nor a CEO. But I like to lead in a company. I honestly love it. So that goes on the employee position too.
Interacting with your people, I call them all friends even though I supervise them. I drink with them, go out with them, and hear their stories.
I think that's me, to hear stories of people, to listen.
But if there will be an opportunity to be a business owner, (capital needed) I'd like to be in the food industry. Serve people, give a smile using their tastebuds, again, listen to them if ever there's something wrong with the food.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
~
You got to start somewhere, right?  Not everyone can just be "poof, I can now invest all these pennies for my business and I am 200% sure that it will take off.". I would prefer starting out as an employee and save all those money to build my own business and become my own boss.

Let's say I work as a software developer. I would work under a company for a couple of years while giving myself a time to build my own software company that hopefully will take off one day. From this I can still be in the safe side in case my business did not work out. You gotta still survive, you know.

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

While on the other hand some other person chosed to be employees as in working for those that owns business organisations/companies and yet still made it in life to an enviable climax.

Two things can be involved with this kind of people who did not go for business and worked for people as employees and make enviable climax like you said. It can be that they have a business by the side managed by someone else far from their work that you know about. They can be in online business and doing paid job of leaving the house in the morning and returning back at night. The second opinion is they working with government and stealing public money to reach that climax.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
In life we have different folks with different likes and preference. There are people that chosed to go into business as businessmen from scratch and turned out to be business tycoons and movers and shakers of the industries with some few years in business.

While on the other hand some other person chosed to be employees as in working for those that owns business organisations/companies and yet still made it in life to an enviable climax. Perhaps cause that's what they love and have enthusiasm for rather than being an entrepreneur which perhaps might not have worked out well for their career eventually.

Either way, be it a business owner or an employee there are some other people who venture into either of them made no success too. Life can be somehow unfair, right? No! Life isn't unfair, for that's how the cosmos works. So everyone can't just win on a particular thing, definitely not everyone  Smiley

Now let's have a discussion about it all, for between being an employee to work for some other person's establishments/organization/company  and rather taking time/years to establishing your own company and not working under an employer but rather you being the employer, which will you chose and please ensure to back up your choice with reasonable thoughts, as it could be a guide to some other person's that might be reading this tread.

Let's begin!

If all people wanted to be business owners, then no business would be successful because there would be no employees operating the business; that's how the world works. Unless you asked someone who has no work and is desperate for money, anyone of us would honestly answer "business owner." People want to be the bosses of their own companies, and I do as well, but the problem is that I can't start a business because I lack the necessary knowledge and capital. Business owner is really my answer, but if I look at my situation now, I will just end up as an employee, but if ever I have a chance to grab the opportunity to start a business, why not?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
Just as you have already say it all.
Specifically to me i don't like working in office or with government/company why because they are time consumers i would rather have a self business where i can manage and nurture it till it's totally established than working under people with low salary, time consumption, no life insurance and pension after retirements, this is commonly with my country. Working under people makes you don't have pretty cool time with your family and based on my concerned family is everything to me.
You know, what you just did now is like saying; As a student would you like to become a lecturer, Yes there are those who have skills and passion for teaching because it's not meant for everyone out there. An impatient person can't be a teacher why because he don't want what could delay his time and career. So it is to those who don't have time to start building their businesses because they always wants what could give them instant money to take sort out their needs and take good care of their family's likewise to some people, they don't always have the time to consumed by another's person works/business rather they prefer wanting to invest time in their personal business and grow it up and then employ people to work for them while they take good care of their families.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
This reminds me of Robert Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad Poor Dad” book in which there are 4 quadrants namely:

Employee -> Self-employed -> Business -> Investor

As an employee, it is where you have some sort of sustainability in your income but will not let you grow more further. This is why financial literacy is needed if you wanted to reach your goals. Your goal is to have more income than expenses.

Before you jump into business, it’s important that you know how to handle your money well and not spending it on useless stuff as you are still living within your means.

I am currently self-employed and am enjoying it actually, in which I can grow my income by performing more gigs. But of course, it consumes me time and I wanted to have passive income one day with just spending lesser time.

Having a traditional business isn’t what I am looking forward to, but it could give us some continuous residual income if we continue to have more customers who are happy with our products and services and kept coming back and order.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
This topic looks very identical to Do you like commission job or salary base job?, which was created earlier and already has 8 pages of discussion. I am sure we wont find anything new here, because everything is discussed there 100 times.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
There's likely a distinction to being employed and directing how compa ies work too. There's a lot of ways in the tech market that means well paid consultancy roles are generally available if you search well for them and have a decent amount of employment/technology experience in that sector taking little or no financial risk to get there.

Traditional companies are expensive to start but also oversaturated and with too much competition. Most software development firms also have low overheads and high margins too which seems to make them look like less of a risk (the main cost would be finding an audience).
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
This is what I have known about people regarding business, they all prefer to be self-employed, they all wish to have their own successful business, but many do not have the capital to start. If they have gotten the capital they need by being an employee, they will start their own business, but not everyone has that capability.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I'll choose to be a business owner because I'm thinking of that I can help genuinely those that deserves it and are hardworking. So, it's a give and take situation for me and those that I will employ if ever I'll have a big business.

I'm planning to have one but sometimes it's making me think if I can make it. I'm not afraid of risks but I'm afraid of failure but also, it's making me realize that I can just restart if the business I started has failed and just go back to employment.
Activity: 728
Merit: 512
In life we have different folks with different likes and preference. There are people that chosed to go into business as businessmen from scratch and turned out to be business tycoons and movers and shakers of the industries with some few years in business.

While on the other hand some other person chosed to be employees as in working for those that owns business organisations/companies and yet still made it in life to an enviable climax. Perhaps cause that's what they love and have enthusiasm for rather than being an entrepreneur which perhaps might not have worked out well for their career eventually.

Either way, be it a business owner or an employee there are some other people who venture into either of them made no success too. Life can be somehow unfair, right? No! Life isn't unfair, for that's how the cosmos works. So everyone can't just win on a particular thing, definitely not everyone  Smiley

Now let's have a discussion about it all, for between being an employee to work for some other person's establishments/organization/company  and rather taking time/years to establishing your own company and not working under an employer but rather you being the employer, which will you chose and please ensure to back up your choice with reasonable thoughts, as it could be a guide to some other person's that might be reading this tread.

Let's begin!
Pages:
Jump to: