Pages:
Author

Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Donate By Mining | DBM - page 4. (Read 15877 times)

legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
hi all ...

the upgrade of the servers is currently underway ...

after the kill of the quark stratum proxy for sp ( as per the issue foss had earlier ) - a check on the other servers had different stratum proxies get killed off also ...

this has led me to drop all else im doing and do the full migration now ... which means the servers will be new - and quite fast - and efficient ...

it also means that the dns ( arecords ) will also need to be changed - which may cause 'some' delay in the servers goign online ...

though past experience has proven that dns propagation has taken a minimal amount of time these days compared to days of past ...

so the process will go as listed in this order ...

- server migration ...
- server load test ...
- dns migration ...

and if all that goes well - full functionality to the servers ...

the stratum proxy software will also be upgraded - but that will take two whole days to complete ... so that will be started tomorrow - and be completed on a server by server basis ...

please bear with us while this is being done - as the outage is going to be as minimal as possible ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer.exe -k quarkcoin -o stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7012 -u foss -p x --gpu-platform 0 -d 0,1,2 -g 2 --xintensity 1024 -w 64 --gpu-memclock 750 --gpu-engine 1100,1100,1200 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-fan  96,85,75
pause
doesn't work  Embarrassed

checking now foss ...

what miner is it? ...

andi dont mean the answer is - sgminer DUH! ... Smiley ...

which fork? ... so i can test ...

edit - the stratum was down ... try again - and it should be up ...

this is THE reason the servers are being upgraded ... and the stratum proxy software is being upgraded also ... by next week should be all done ...

#crysx
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer.exe -k quarkcoin -o stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7012 -u foss -p x --gpu-platform 0 -d 0,1,2 -g 2 --xintensity 1024 -w 64 --gpu-memclock 750 --gpu-engine 1100,1100,1200 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-fan  96,85,75
pause
doesn't work  Embarrassed
legendary
Hi!

You can add my github if you wish:

https://github.com/pallas1

There is nothing interesting in there, as I usually do pull requests on other dev's forks, but I may have something "original" in the future ;-)

thats great pallas ...

ill add that now ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Hi!

You can add my github if you wish:

https://github.com/pallas1

There is nothing interesting in there, as I usually do pull requests on other dev's forks, but I may have something "original" in the future ;-)
legendary
hi all ...

the upgrade and migration to the new servers will be happening over the next couple of days ...

these new servers are smoother and quicker than the previous ones - so there will be some down time during the migration process - but we will keep it to a minimum ...

the additional servers should be online next week with more devs who will accompany our donation by mining systems ...

the software upgrade should happen by the end of next week - but that is yet to be determined ...

edit - just to add ... the servers affected will be the following ...

- donate-djm34.granitecoin.com ...
- donate-kbomba.granitecoin.com ...
- donate-klaust.granitecoin.com ...
- donate-sp.granitecoin.com ...
- donate-tpruvot.granitecoin.com ...
- donate-wolf0.granitecoin.com ...

when the servers go down - they will be inactive for no more than 7 minutes in total ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
This is a great idea. I guess this will make miners become a big part of the donors.

At least I'll turn my miners on a few hours per week just to do some donations.

tanx ...

im doing the same with thefarm when it all gets finalized ...

the devs really do need as much help as possible - not just with coding and testing but with donations also - and im hoping that this will be an avenue that more miners will use ...

in a lot of ways - its all about giving back to the devs that give so much to the community ...

so glad that you like this way of donation ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx
legendary
^^^

well, definitely whichever algo is most profitable, of course. probably quark right now.

hehehe ...

well - it wont matter about how profitable an algo is i dont think ... at lease - not on a granite mining standpoint ...

a few more changes to the donation site soon ... as the process of algo is going to be streamlined ...

ie - removal of some algos and addition of others ...

which ones is yet to be decided - but i can gurantee that the ones that are less frequently used are the ones on the chopping board ...

tanx for the input Smiley ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
This is a great idea. I guess this will make miners become a big part of the donors.

At least I'll turn my miners on a few hours per week just to do some donations.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
^^^

well, definitely whichever algo is most profitable, of course. probably quark right now.
legendary
hi all ...

servers are back online and running well ... patched and ready to hash away for the devs ...

ive also setup a poll ( on granite thread - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-chainworks-industries-cwi-project-granite-simple-solid-stable-grn-718939 ) posing the question -

if you were able to mine granite using any number of algorithms - not just x11 - which ones would they be? ...

ill keep the poll going for a couple of weeks - while we are in the process of setting up the new base for the new pool ...

your input would be VERY much appreciated ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
hi all ...

maintenance on servers ...

servers have been brought down for 30mins - due to a fix of an issue that can affect ALL the servers ...

the servers wil be back up and running as the issue is fixed on a one by one server basis ...

apologies if this has caused any inconvenience - and tanx for your patience ...

#crysx
legendary
Well I see the shares being accepted (200 so far, in Quark algo), but no BTC going into sp's nicehash account, according to those links.  Can you check, chrysophylax?  I'm going to switch back to Quark for the time being.

hi hashbrown ...

all the hashes are there ... https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd&a=12&l=0 ...

the links that were given are the initial links to the 'scrypt' algo - you need to change pull down menu to quark ...

but then - i bet you already knew that Smiley ...

nicehash graphs do take 5-10 minutes to show ANY movement on their system ... so i dont think it that is going to change unless nicehash update their stats system to a higher rate of update ...

these servers are stratum proxies and as such - pass on ALL the hash that you throw at them to the addresses given ( in theis case - sp's btc address at nicehash ) ... none of the hash goes anywhere else ...

with the added bonus of amalgamating all hashes ( so if we both mined at the same time for quark - it would show one miner for sp and increase the hashrate ) - having one url that is easy to remember to hash to - all completely anonymous to teh public - and never having to worry about what the devs addresses are when they decide to change wallets for any reason ( its always the same url ) ...

i will also be updating the base stratum software to the latest edition - as the tests have shown that they are working VERY well ...

so ill be pulling the servers down next week - at a specified time for the hour that it takes to upgrade them ... they will run a lot faster also - and they willall have failover facilities implemented to the other nicehash stratum servers ...

ill be turning thefarm to the donation links next week also - using x11 ... im working on this test server to add an idea that i have to the donation system ...

testing for this is also underway alongside the upgraded software - and looks promising ... and stable Smiley ...

but as far as looking for an immediate response on nicehash from only 200 shares processed - that is too short a time for nicehash ... maybe that is something they can look at - having a shorter time to display results on graphs? ... as far as i know - its a 5-10 minute share collection before any graphs are shown ...

tanx for sending thedevs some hashluv ... and helping improve this system at the same time ...

#crysx
Well I see the shares being accepted (200 so far, in Quark algo), but no BTC going into sp's nicehash account, according to those links.  Can you check, chrysophylax?  I'm going to switch back to Quark for the time being.
Here's a couple 750ti's coming your way, sp! (for a little while)
legendary
if i want donate sp, this correct?
Code:
sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7003 -u chrysophylax -p x -k x11mod

the setup is correct - but you can use ANY username and ANY password ... not so much those ones ... i just put those in as an example ...

for donation mining for sp - yes ... that is the correct url and port to use for x11 - if that is the algo you want to use with sgminer and amd video cards ...

dont forget to use the commandline paramters to optimize the algo for your card ( unless you already have them in your .conf file ) ... memclock and gpuclock as well as any other optimizations ( like wolfs bins ) ...

which is one of the reasons why wolf0 is one of the devs on donation here also Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 125
if i want donate sp, this correct?
Code:
sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7003 -u chrysophylax -p x -k x11mod
legendary
Can I just mine into the developers nicehash address or is there some reason I need to go through granitecoin.com?

I think the reason is that, using the "proxy", the developer can change address and pool without notifying everybody.

in addition to that - and even moreso ...

i have set these up specifically as another option to donate via mining ... to make it very easy - or at least as easy as possible ...

the hashrate will get amalgamated . . .

Terrific, nice work chrysophylax  Grin

tanx ...

im hoping that we can all pitch in ...

im setting up another server that is testing currently - and will be active if the tests go well ... this ( i hope ) will further enhance the donation process ...

i just need to get the calculations and the script right Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 235
Can I just mine into the developers nicehash address or is there some reason I need to go through granitecoin.com?

I think the reason is that, using the "proxy", the developer can change address and pool without notifying everybody.

i have set these up specifically as another option to donate via mining ... to make it very easy - or at least as easy as possible ...

the hashrate will get amalgamated . . .

Terrific, nice work chrysophylax  Grin
legendary

the hashrate will get amalgamated ( if miners are mining at the same time ) which makes for a higher hashrate - with the added bonus of anonymity as to who is mining ...

so if you have say - 10MH - and another miner has 10MH and onother has 10MH and you are all wanting to mine using the same algo - then its an amalgamated hashrate of 30MH as a single miner ...

or different algos - or a mixture of algos - using a multialgo changer ...

its also very easy to remember ( donate djm34 or donate-sp or donate pallas etc ) than most other urls ...

and you dont need to know the btc address of the devs themselves ... you just point the miner to the easy donation link and set the algo and mine ...

if you have sp - djm34 - pallas that you want to mine for - you would need to know their btc addresses to mine directly for them ... great - if that is what you want ... and as pallas suggested - if they decide to change the address ( which many do ) - you have to continue to check and make sure you are not mining to the wrong address ...

if you only want to remember the devs name - then donate-.granitecoin.com is all you need to remember with port 7000 being the first ...

it also makes it MUCH easier when i integrate thefarm ( our granite farm ) with the donation links when the new pool goes up ... which means that addition of the community hash AND our farm hash at certain times will be a nice amount of hash to give as a donation ...

just another avenue to make it easier to donate hash - thats all ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: