Pages:
Author

Topic: A Complete Guide to P2Pool - Merged Mining (BTC/NMC/DVC/IXC/I0C) plus LTC, Linux - page 19. (Read 198681 times)

Activity: 137
Merit: 112
by the way please update the litecoin git in the first post

new git address: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin.git

also there might be the need to add this to the dependencies: sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
in my experience it's not possible to use a miner for both LTC and BTC, what I do is using cgminer on the GPU for BTC and use a second miner like cpuminer on n-1 cores of cpu for LTC, I leave out one core for the OS to handle everything else;)

and you need 2 instances of p2pool for BTC and LTC to work in parallel
I just use pooler's miner for the cpu mining, and cgminer for gpu... switching cgminer back and forth between BTC and LTC mining depending on my whim that day

-- Smoov
Activity: 137
Merit: 112

Am I right in thinking that you cannot merge mine litecoin with a p2pool instance for bitcoin?  You need a second instance of p2pool just for litecoin?

Does this then mean that you need a second miner, or can you point cgminer at both p2pool for bitcoin and p2pool for litecoin concurrently?  How does it handle new work if it has two sources?

in my experience it's not possible to use a miner for both LTC and BTC, what I do is using cgminer on the GPU for BTC and use a second miner like cpuminer on n-1 cores of cpu for LTC, I leave out one core for the OS to handle everything else;)

and you need 2 instances of p2pool for BTC and LTC to work in parallel
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Am I right in thinking that you cannot merge mine litecoin with a p2pool instance for bitcoin?  You need a second instance of p2pool just for litecoin?

Does this then mean that you need a second miner, or can you point cgminer at both p2pool for bitcoin and p2pool for litecoin concurrently?  How does it handle new work if it has two sources?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

I like to use swatch and twidge with p2pool. 

Swatch watches logs for regex matches and will initiate activities such as emails or running a process if if sees a match, and twidge is a twitter/identi.ca command line utility.  So the combination lets you watch the p2pool log and notify you by twitter when you get a share or block complete.

In apt based linuxes, you can install:

Code:
   apt-get install twidge swatch

To setup twidge, run the following, and it will give you a url to paste into a browser, which gives you an authentication code to allow twidge to talk to twitter as you:
Code:
   twidge setup

Then you can test using a direct message:

Code:
   twidge dmsend  "This is a test"

Swatch uses the configuration file ~/.swatchrc by default.  Mine looks like this:
Code:
watchfor /SHARE|BLOCK/
 echo
 exec twidge dmsend "$_"

This saying "Look for the word SHARE or BLOCK in the log file and echo the line to the screen, and also execute twidge, and send a direct twitter to myself containing the entire line".  You can run swatch like this:

Code:
     swatch -t /path/to/p2pool/data/bitcoin/log

The -t switch means to tail, ie keep following the log.  If you add -d it will daemonise.

Hope this is useful...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
I'm having issues running p2pool. Got everything installed step by step as in the guide and when I exec this command:
screen -d -m -S btcp2pool ~/p2pool/run_p2pool.py --give-author 0 usuariox SupEr3421Senha_SECRETAandGRandE
it just doesn't do anything. I had bitcoin client running already on my machine, but I also installed bitcoind, and tried to run either bitcoind, or bitcoin-qt. Neither options got me past this step. Any ideas?

Let me be the first to not help you.

I don't know what to say, is it now popular to be a jerk? Am I supposed to understand something in the code I'm copy/pasting and which is not working at all?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
This is Great and all, But P2Pool seriously needs a gui.... It's such a headache to follow all the steps to get everything running, Vs regular mining setup time is like.... 15mins for a beginner?

Does P2Pool still have FPGA issues?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 628
Merit: 504
I'm having issues running p2pool. Got everything installed step by step as in the guide and when I exec this command:
screen -d -m -S btcp2pool ~/p2pool/run_p2pool.py --give-author 0 usuariox SupEr3421Senha_SECRETAandGRandE
it just doesn't do anything. I had bitcoin client running already on my machine, but I also installed bitcoind, and tried to run either bitcoind, or bitcoin-qt. Neither options got me past this step. Any ideas?

I don't know what to say, is it now popular to be a jerk? Am I supposed to understand something in the code I'm copy/pasting and which is not working at all?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why is it so damn hot in here?

Activity: 628
Merit: 504
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
I have merged Mining with BTC / NMC configured as described.

I mined 2 day's with ~13GH/s on it and the NMC balance stay's at 0.

in the logfile i find only "2 Got new merged mining work!"

is this o.k. or is something wrong?
You have to find a block. Merged mining doesn't work by the share, it is full solo-mining.

-- Smoov

should get more than 2 new merged mining work messages though. 

i think you get a new one after every namecoin transaction + block solve, but at the very least a block solve triggers it.  so should be ~6 an hour
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

You have to find a block. Merged mining doesn't work by the share, it is full solo-mining.

-- Smoov
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!

Greets
legendary
Added "gen=0" to litecoin.conf
legendary