Pages:
Author

Topic: A cryptocurrency with volatility can't be used as money - page 18. (Read 34026 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
cryptocurrency is people driven currency using the currency for merchants it completely decision taken from merchants acumen point of view if they handle volatility then they will accept
The thing that makes merchants reluctant and difficult to accept bitcoin as payment is due to volatility, how to handle volatility? because when they get paid with bitcoin, the fluctuations will keep going, and maybe the price may decrease because of that, that's what they fear
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
Every commodities always have high volatile in their price. Bitcoin right now like commodities and its like a gold or silver. Its store of value and i think it can be used as currency as long merchant accepting bitcoin and government issuing regulation on it
and i think fiat currencies also have volatility, including dollar. which is the parent of another currency. if we look at the dollar index chart, price fluctuates just like the others. and i think if there are many countries that legalize it, then btc can be used as currency
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

What do you think about this argument?
Yes that is if we look at the digital currency at the moment. But try to have a vision and direction in the future. When a digital currency can get regulation from the government then it will make the digital currency becomes much more stable. Government regulation will be able to provide an excellent level of trust for digital currency. This is a thing that we all look forward to, Digital currency is a necessity in the future. With various advantages and benefits that we can get then digital currency is a revolution in the world's financial system.

The digital currency is evidence of a technological advance, when the payment medium is physically converted to digital.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
It is true. better digital currency used as a tool for investment like stock in general. crypto value is very changeable and can fall to zero, so it is not possible to be used as money or local money. because it will cause losses for the owner of crypto if used as a means of payment.
That is in some kind a good answer cause normal money is not stable too but its pumps and downs are not that big as in crypto, in future prices of coins could be more stable cause whole amount of btc will be mined and there won't be more parts possible to purchase, future will show us.
Yeah many people say that crypto is not suitable to be used as a method of payment because it fluctuates. because it could be possible loss on the seller or buyer? maybe someday there will be a system where the seller can easily convert bitcoin to fiat directly without any difference in the previous rate. so it will avoid losses due to fluctuations..
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
Every commodities always have high volatile in their price. Bitcoin right now like commodities and its like a gold or silver. Its store of value and i think it can be used as currency as long merchant accepting bitcoin and government issuing regulation on it
Activity: 680
Merit: 103
I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

Yes I do agree with that statement, any kinds of cryto right now is very volatile and also depending in bitcoin on how it performs. I think if the trading features of cryptos will stop and the prices of it become steady that's the time we can cryptocurriences as a digital money, my opinion only.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611

First of all, who was trying to make use of Bitcoin as a country’s currency. Bitcoin is not a currency. When we mention the word CURRENCY we mean like Dollar, Pounds Sterling, Euro, Rupee, Yen, Peso and the rest of them and not Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is what we call (crypto)currency and that includes Ethereum (ETH), Ripple, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and the rest of them. They are completely different and Cryptocurrencies can’t be used as a country’s currency.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

I can actually see the reason behind this statement. The volatility of bitcoib nearly makes it impossible to be used as a currency for payment of goods and services.
A good won't have a fixed price if it has to be paid with bitcoins. Two different people will buy the same good at different prices in a time interval of two days or less.
However, I think the volatility is still because Bitcoin has not yet been totally accepted by everyone. A time will come when the price of bitcoin will become more stable and will be used as a currency.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
yes i agree with you volatility is not good for payments. but crypto market is very new that is why volatility is so high. it wont be like this in the future when the volumes are increased and cryptocurrencies become more popular.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Obviously we cannot use bitcoins as a currency because the market is volatile but the only reason why most of the people are preferring cryptocurrency is because of bitcoins that is very good for long term investment since the market price is keep on increasing as the time goes by.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Merchants can't keep crypto for long term.They need to pay his bills in fiat
Customers don't want to pay with because of high fee
All together it cause that crypto is not so much used for shopping
Crypto is more like assets than money
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
As money, everything that has a price can be used. The fact that the price is volatile is secondary. Yes, and ordinary money can also lose in value for various reasons (devaluation, war, massachnye cataclysms). In historical terms, the life of the currency is 40 years. The US dollar lasts longer, but this is artificial.
That is true, in theory it can be used as normal money but practical noone will trust in "thing" that could go from 20k to 8k just in few days or even shorter, that is why we need more stability to change crypto into normal daily currency.
Well if it rises and falls then is it too normal I think no need to take that stress about it, we can sue bitcoin in any condition, we can use it as money and we can use it as asset as well there is no issue, for me bitcoin is more likely an investment but there are 100k of peoples who are using bitcoin to buy goods same as they use fiat, so don’t say this again if price is volatile so we can’t use it as money.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!

I dont think its like that. I believe if you buy flat and bitcoin are down doesnt mean your flat value will going down but its more like you gain something from the opportunity of investment. But i do agree its hard to use something volatility as transaction item cause seems like its unfair and its not good for daily life.
In real world it's hard to use a currency which always have possibility to fell in terms of value, Bitcoin and other alts act this way that's why real businesses are hard to convince using the system as another way of payment transactions, until now it's still being treat as a investment currency more than using it as a payment transactions.
Activity: 650
Merit: 100
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

Even if the value of bitcoin would become lower flats value still remains.Its either you will buy it from fiat or cryptocurrency.Actually the advantage of votality in a certain currency such cryptocurrency is when we buy things or real estate with the use of bitcoin ,if the market recovered and the value arises the price of that flat will become more reachable and easy to buy.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
It can still be used as medium of exchanges even if the cryptocurrency with volatility, because big companies will store their bitcoin and when the time comes ,they will also see to it that the market is good price value ,for the bitcoin they received as payments will also gained according to our set target for our own investment in bitcoin ,so it can still be used as payments.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

I dont think its like that. I believe if you buy flat and bitcoin are down doesnt mean your flat value will going down but its more like you gain something from the opportunity of investment. But i do agree its hard to use something volatility as transaction item cause seems like its unfair and its not good for daily life.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Depending on the nature and characteristics of the currency that will change as well as the advantages and disadvantages of individual, they can use the money if the community is involved in many.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
From volatility suffer not only crypto-currencies, but also fiat money. The  exchange market doesn`t stand still. There are always some movements on it. Volatility is a characteristic that allows you to assess and potential risks from investing. For example, the dollar is even more volatile than bitcoin, but many people don`t pay attention to it. However, this doesnёt prevent us from using it as a world currency.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
cryptocurrency is people driven currency using the currency for merchants it completely decision taken from merchants acumen point of view if they handle volatility then they will accept

Yes you are right the people can accept Bitcoin with some disadvantages so this is get one of the kind of volatility so we can make sure that we can in the right path and make huge steps without any other other. This will make you both confident and intelligent.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: