Pages:
Author

Topic: A cryptocurrency with volatility can't be used as money - page 21. (Read 34026 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10
You are absolutely right . While there will be more volatility of the crypto currency, it will not be recognized in the world. But in 2018 they plan to pass laws on the control of the Crypto-currency, which will reduce the volatility.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
the volatility is another different and attractive feature of crypto currencies, because it is making this digital currencies a lot differnet than fiat currencies, and it is also encouraging many new comers.
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
in fact I'm not too familiar with your question, man! we all know that the bitcoin value is designed to fluctuate, if you buy goods with bitcoin and at any time the bitcoin price goes down, the goods purchased with the bitcoin will not go down. simple, the price of the goods or the fiat does not depend on the bitcoin price itself.
Yes. You are right. it will not be possible with bitcoin prices going down and the items they want to buy with bitcoin will also go down. it will not be possible. if they order the goods of course the price in accordance with the price of goods they have set. I do not think it has anything to do with bitcoin from the price of the goods.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
it seems unlikely that the bitcoin price should be stable if the bitcoin price is not stable it will be difficult to use or used for the currency, because if the price is not stable it will be many who will get the loss.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
For a crypto to be a mainstream currency, it should be stable and not volatile. A stable currency is required for a strong financial market. Price stability contributes to achieving high levels of economic activity and employment by improving the transparency of the price mechanism.
Volatile cryptos, in my opinion are more good investment assets rather than currency as they give you good chances for profit gains in short period of time.
Many people say that the price should be stable to become a currency because, fluctuations are not suitable for currency, but I dont think so, there is a system where when you receive bitcoin, then it can also be converted directly to fiat according to the existing rate, and it will avoid fluctuations for payment
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
cryptocurrency can be used for asset rather than money but most of the merchants are accepting due to merchants acceptance bitcoin is used as money
We can actually use cryptocurrency whatever we want, but one of its true vision is that to use it as a way of transaction in buying and selling, remitting money, and of course investing it, it is up to us how we are going to make it but of course since we want the market to grow so we are using it by simply holding so it will grow more.

We cannuse crypto as money. Yet I believe and I am with you it is not ideal to use at money. The volatility can only be used as an investment benefits and advantage.

Maybe if someone could copy bitcoin and make it less volatile then it can be use already as one.
That will need a lot more work.
Don't you even think that there are already copies of bitcoin from this endless bitcoin forks? But non of them was made to make bitcoin less volatile. Its all about money and if we think that this volatile market is the problem in using it as a medium of exchange to buy some stuffs and food i think bitcoin will not going to exist this as farther.
Activity: 168
cryptocurrency can be used for asset rather than money but most of the merchants are accepting due to merchants acceptance bitcoin is used as money
We can actually use cryptocurrency whatever we want, but one of its true vision is that to use it as a way of transaction in buying and selling, remitting money, and of course investing it, it is up to us how we are going to make it but of course since we want the market to grow so we are using it by simply holding so it will grow more.

We cannuse crypto as money. Yet I believe and I am with you it is not ideal to use at money. The volatility can only be used as an investment benefits and advantage.

Maybe if someone could copy bitcoin and make it less volatile then it can be use already as one.
That will need a lot more work.
Activity: 714
Merit: 254
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008
if the volatility is too high then its not suitable to be used as currency, imagine one apple cost 1 BTC today the next day it can caused 0.8 BTC and the next day it cost 1.1 BTC,
This is a classic matter , you can actually get a lot of benefit besides using it as a currency ... you could always hold it for investment so in case the price of Bitcoin itself increase your buying power increased too. But then it doesn't matter actually if you use it for one time transaction... I mean when you bought stuff for 0.01 equals to $100 then you pay it exactly 0.01 Bitcoin , where's the problem ? No? You would only wondering in the future the price of Bitcoin has gone drop / up , just between regret it or grateful, nothing wrong here actually.
Activity: 308
We can used bitcoin as money because bitcoin is also a currency and its mean that we can buy anything, so its not mean that if we buy anything in bitcon and if the price of bitcoin is down so the value of this thing is also going to down, it will a thing not a currency but if currency price will down so it will again high and that is why more profitable
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Fiat also increases and decreases, it's susceptible to change too. It does not matter if Bitcoin is volatile, if It wants to be used as a means of transactions why not, does not generally means the price of why you are buying will decrease too.
Activity: 176
I have the same mind for that question. as always it is a way to make people think and creating new ways for creating reality. In what believe or what to do - personal thing.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
yes, it is true that the current crypto currency can not be used as well as paper money in general. because I think in addition to its volality of crypto currency of course the price fluctuations are never stable. so obviously it would be very difficult to make currency for the transaction tool.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
Cryptocurrencies cannot be created without volatility, if that's possible then it is same as the traditional fiat. Being volatile makes the cryptocurrency more stronger and valued, because if it is stable people consider the an optional solution for fiat. Now it is not, it gets importance as an investment, trading asset, exchangeable, convertible to fiat.
Activity: 434
I agree that bitcoin with volatility can not be used as money, since bitcoin is not a valid exchange rate and tends to be banned by many countries because it is not decentralized. Bitcoin is just one of the high value investments that can be profitable. So if the value is reduced or increased it is something normal in the investment. Bitcoin itself has a high technology that can not be reached by everyone. So it is still difficult to apply as money where there are still some people who even don't know about technology.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
if the volatility is too high then its not suitable to be used as currency, imagine one apple cost 1 BTC today the next day it can caused 0.8 BTC and the next day it cost 1.1 BTC,
Activity: 378
I LOVE ADABS
I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

What do you think about this argument?

yes you are right, the volatility of the market will affect cryptocurrency and it might be the reason for bitcoins not to be used as a fiat for every country but the advantage is that, the volatility will can be used in order to earn more profit.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
For a crypto to be a mainstream currency, it should be stable and not volatile. A stable currency is required for a strong financial market. Price stability contributes to achieving high levels of economic activity and employment by improving the transparency of the price mechanism.
Volatile cryptos, in my opinion are more good investment assets rather than currency as they give you good chances for profit gains in short period of time.
I disagree with this, it is true that to have a stable and not volatile currency will be better but a currency like bitcoin can still be used as money, people will just need to adjust their behavior to use a currency like that, people adjusted their behavior to use a currency like fiat that is always inflating and that is why savings are so low among the population, but when they begin to use a deflationary currency like bitcoin savings will go up and mindless spending will go down.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Pages:
Jump to: