Pages:
Author

Topic: A good ICO is also a Scam. - page 3. (Read 513 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
May 20, 2018, 09:04:03 PM
You are just an example of a failed ICO, there are many successful why you do not exemplify? In any case, if you are optimistic about this project, you need some time to wait for its value.
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
May 20, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
I get annoyed from people calling ICOs scam. Maybe some ICOs are scam, but the most of them are legit. You have to inform yourself if an ICO is legit and if you aren't able to do this, you are blamed yourself. Just saying scam, scam, scam is nonsense!
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
May 20, 2018, 07:59:41 PM
I think what you mean is that when investors don’t get there way they are quick to call an ico a scam. Just childishness in cryptos, I believe
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
May 20, 2018, 07:56:21 PM
No! You are wrong with your interpretation. Good ICO will become successful because it is good in the first place. I consider a good ICO as having a great developers and promising project. By that, we can consider that good ICO is not scam. Specially, if we can see the progress of an ICO. If we want not to be scammed here, we should not invest out money. Cryptocurrency is a risky investment, if you want to earn, you should risk your asset.
The problem is also that the concept of a forward-looking project is no longer an exception. On the market now a lot of projects and they are all promising, as well as all of them are monotonous. The last project I really liked is OnLive.
Activity: 350
Merit: 47
May 20, 2018, 07:01:00 PM
Not all though. Although maybe yes, some ico do start off high and when in exchanges -- low, it would eventually boom in months time. Remember the roadmap of their project? Look for key points in the map like the launch of their actual product, weeks or even months after that time would probably the best time to sell.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
May 20, 2018, 06:51:35 PM
I began to notice that there are ICO projects that are quite good, but even they are a kind of Scam. I'll explain why I think so. First, people invest in this project at the most favorable (low) prices by buying tokens of this project, at least we are always convinced of this. But when it comes to the exit of the token to the Exchange - the price drops sharply and falls even below the original cost for one token. In some cases, it may fall 10 to 15 times. For example, the recent ICO project KickCity. The price of their token should be equal to 0.10$. Now the price for ONE KCY token is approximately$ 0.005, that is, the price fell when entering the exchange 15 times and this is not the only case. Investing in ICO ceases to be a profitable business.
What do you think about it?

I don't think it's a scam already. Comparing the price when it hits exchange is such a terrible thing to do. Remember that the real product of the ICO is not on the exchange but on the technology it offers. Wait until the launching of the beta version of the ICO you joined and you will know that the initial price when it hits the exchange is not real but it was due to the dumpers and that are the bounty hunters and the discounted price.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
May 20, 2018, 06:51:30 PM
Seems we have different definitions of 'a good ICO'. What the hell is KickCity?!!!?
The problem here is you obviously picked your ICOs the wrong way. Always remember 90% of icos are scam, you should find Real ones.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
May 20, 2018, 06:49:26 PM
Legit ICOs are hard to find these days because even the one who has good  projects seems to scam people too. This is also why you cannot blame people who decided to hold bitcoin rather than to invest in ICO. Too much ICO exist means too much ICO that people must be aware in order to avoid scamas and not be a victim.
Activity: 137
May 20, 2018, 06:47:55 PM
No! You are wrong with your interpretation. Good ICO will become successful because it is good in the first place. I consider a good ICO as having a great developers and promising project. By that, we can consider that good ICO is not scam. Specially, if we can see the progress of an ICO. If we want not to be scammed here, we should not invest out money. Cryptocurrency is a risky investment, if you want to earn, you should risk your asset.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
May 20, 2018, 06:44:42 PM
I have invested in ICOs for ages but I'm getting more and more against it in the current market. But remember even ICO such as oyster pearl (PRL) was $.06 ICO price and when it hit the market, you could pick it up a $.01 at 1 stage in mid Dec 2017. Then it maxed out at $3.75 or something around that. The team and product sometimes just need exposure, if they have the right product.
Merit: 251
May 20, 2018, 06:40:26 PM
I began to notice that there are ICO projects that are quite good, but even they are a kind of Scam. I'll explain why I think so. First, people invest in this project at the most favorable (low) prices by buying tokens of this project, at least we are always convinced of this. But when it comes to the exit of the token to the Exchange - the price drops sharply and falls even below the original cost for one token. In some cases, it may fall 10 to 15 times. For example, the recent ICO project KickCity. The price of their token should be equal to 0.10$. Now the price for ONE KCY token is approximately$ 0.005, that is, the price fell when entering the exchange 15 times and this is not the only case. Investing in ICO ceases to be a profitable business.
Lol for me kickcity is a very bad ico,  Roll Eyes if do you think that was a good and you are really wrong aboout that. Terrible team, road map and etc. Look at how real good icos just like zilliqa and ontology give me more than 150x right now from my initial investment. if you are saying that kickcity as a good ico and that's a joke.

Did I mention kickcity?  I don't think so...

Some of the ico's I did last summer were POWR, SNC, MNX, NEU, UTRUST, ATLANT, ...  Most went way above ICO price and I always sold some.

Anyway, you should ALWAYS keep some of your ico coins in case they skyrocket some time.  I bought huge huge amounts of XEM in ico back in 2014 and sold all of them way too early.  f I would have held to them, I'd never have to work a day in my life again... But helas, that's crypto  Grin 
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
May 20, 2018, 06:30:44 PM
Lol for me kickcity is a very bad ico,  Roll Eyes if do you think that was a good and you are really wrong aboout that. Terrible team, road map and etc. Look at how real good icos just like zilliqa and ontology give me more than 150x right now from my initial investment. if you are saying that kickcity as a good ico and that's a joke.
Merit: 251
May 20, 2018, 06:25:11 PM
A good ico is an ico you bought last summer.  Grin No really, I mean it.  Last summer was ico heaven.  I bought tons of ico's and most did x3 to x30.  Just 20% turned out to nothing.  Buy an ico now fro the endless list of bullshit ico's and you're lucky if they even hit the exchanges.  I'm done wih buying ico's.  I just do bounties now.  The only ico's I will buy are the projects I know that are solid but haven't gotten to the stage of an ico yet.  IF they do an ico, I will buy.  I'd rather invest in a project with a solid idea and a coin that is not just a useless erc-20 token whereby the token itself will never be of any good to the system.  All these funny projects like delivery-drones and shipment stupidities that require the token BESIDES the big cryptos to be used IF the project ever works out.  Nah...    Grin
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
May 20, 2018, 06:18:54 PM
Remember that  ICO developers do not have control on the market trend, even if the price reduce, when they get to exchange, sure there will be correction overtime, and the price will rise. Market reaction has an influence on ever ICO.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
May 20, 2018, 06:14:12 PM
Price drop is not a scam, unless the dev fraud you. It's normal if they have a bounty, you shouldn't join ICO for short term. Give it time, you will get sweet return
Activity: 443
Merit: 101
May 20, 2018, 06:13:11 PM
If you chose this project for investment, I'm sorry for you. If you chose this project for investment, I'm sorry for you. You can, for example, trace prices after ico for QuarkChain projects or Neonexchange. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
May 20, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
Today was another example of the project Libra Credits began to trade x3.5 in ETH. So it's too early to write off the ICO in a non-profit business
Activity: 289
May 20, 2018, 06:04:11 PM
In my opinion, maybe they are still developing the project. But some ICO is impressed to play with the price. But I suggest you stay patient, this happens not only from 1 problem only. But some token holders directly sell their tokens to keep prices down
Activity: 154
May 20, 2018, 06:03:43 PM
Some of the ICO fall in start it does now means that it is a scam because when the market is in bloodbath it also affects the coins which get out of ICO but many coins go up in price also after getting out if ICO you just need to analyze properly before entering in any ICO.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
May 20, 2018, 05:56:47 PM
It's very easy to call that which you do that know a scam because you don't understand it.

The fall in price has nothing to do with the project being a scam. It's simply supply n demand workings
Pages:
Jump to: