Pages:
Author

Topic: A great lesser known wallet! [BlueWallet] - page 2. (Read 682 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Does BlueWallet also support some hardware wallets? Just like Trezor Wallet where you can operate your hardware wallet with another bitcoin wallet without entering your private keys anymore to another bitcoin wallet.
Since I already tried Trezor wallet with Mycelium only, the user-interface of Blue Wallet seems much better to compare to Mycelium.
Activity: 244
Merit: 43
i think the lack of popularity of this wallet stems from the fact that it is a phone wallet not a desktop one. other than that it seems like one of the most active projects out there not to mention old, and the number of features and the quality of them are pretty good.
it also supports lightning network, although it seems to be a custodial wallet which is a bit strange. i have to look into it more.

a suggestion: include the name in the title.
i'm out of merit to give you

Yea that's probably true, although it's the same thing with most good mobile wallets (Mycelium). The whole reason I tried this wallet in the first place was because there was no Electrum app for iPhone. With Bluewallet though I was able to import my keys which no other app was really able to do from another wallet. While I'm not really well versed in how this stuff works, Bluewallet seems to be at the forefront of cross compatibility and security which looks pretty promising.

After a brief play with Bluewallet, about the only thing that bothers me is that there is no "dark" theme. Undecided

Other than that... it doesn't look too bad. I'll have to experiment some more and see how it goes.

I think most people (including myself) would be okay with giving up some features such as dark theme for more functional ones. I mean... who doesn't want to burn their eyes out at 2 AM while looking at their phone anyways? I still think its a pretty sexy wallet compared to most other mobile ones though Smiley

HCP, after you experiment with this wallet, can you compare it with Electrum Android?

I have to admit that this is first time to hear about this wallet, and it seems that this is a very serious project. For me (and probably anyone else) is important that users is in full control of private keys. It is also nice to have LN support, some people tested this some 6 months ago on this wallet and everything worked perfectly - means that today it can only be even better.

I've been testing Blue Wallet on main net for almost a week now. I tried every possible service with incoming and outgoing payments. I converted BTC with zigzag back and force, I tipped here, I used yalls, I played multiple games, and used maybe a dozen other things multiple times. I tested with anything and anybody I could find. The LN payments worked every single time, never failed once. On average payments took 1-2 seconds, feels much faster than a credit card. Scanning QR codes was painless and fast. I didn't have to fill out anything, like with credit cards, I didn't have to worry about my information stolen, or the amount to be incorrect. I could pay as small amounts as fractions of a cent. It was a really pleasant experience overall every time.

I know Blue Wallet is custodial, but the objective of the testing was to see if LN can be a reliable method for everyday spending. And I can categorically say that it is. It's better than any other payment method in many ways. I highly recommend you trying it out as well with a small amount of funds.

Wow I'm 99% sure that's the exact Reddit post I found when I was researching wallet alternatives. I really hope this wallet gains some popularity, as I'm sure many others would love to use it and enjoy it's unique features. I agree that it's super important to allow user's 100% to their private keys which most other mobile wallets don't support. I have high hopes for this wallet!
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
HCP, after you experiment with this wallet, can you compare it with Electrum Android?

I have to admit that this is first time to hear about this wallet, and it seems that this is a very serious project. For me (and probably anyone else) is important that users is in full control of private keys. It is also nice to have LN support, some people tested this some 6 months ago on this wallet and everything worked perfectly - means that today it can only be even better.

I've been testing Blue Wallet on main net for almost a week now. I tried every possible service with incoming and outgoing payments. I converted BTC with zigzag back and force, I tipped here, I used yalls, I played multiple games, and used maybe a dozen other things multiple times. I tested with anything and anybody I could find. The LN payments worked every single time, never failed once. On average payments took 1-2 seconds, feels much faster than a credit card. Scanning QR codes was painless and fast. I didn't have to fill out anything, like with credit cards, I didn't have to worry about my information stolen, or the amount to be incorrect. I could pay as small amounts as fractions of a cent. It was a really pleasant experience overall every time.

I know Blue Wallet is custodial, but the objective of the testing was to see if LN can be a reliable method for everyday spending. And I can categorically say that it is. It's better than any other payment method in many ways. I highly recommend you trying it out as well with a small amount of funds.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
After a brief play with Bluewallet, about the only thing that bothers me is that there is no "dark" theme. Undecided

Other than that... it doesn't look too bad. I'll have to experiment some more and see how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
it also supports lightning network, although it seems to be a custodial wallet which is a bit strange. i have to look into it more.

You can connect to an LND node if you run one, but LndHub needs to be installed. It allows users to create separate Lightning accounts. Not a big deal, I had to download lndconnect in order to use Zap mobile.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
i think the lack of popularity of this wallet stems from the fact that it is a phone wallet not a desktop one. other than that it seems like one of the most active projects out there not to mention old, and the number of features and the quality of them are pretty good.

a suggestion: include the name in the title.
i'm out of merit to give you
Activity: 244
Merit: 43
Recently after getting tired of switching from wallet to wallet (couldn't find one I really liked), I did some research and found "Bluewallet" as a listed alternative to the well-known Mycelium wallet. I had never heard of it before, but decided to give it a try since I was desperate to find a wallet I liked.

After trying the app, I'm so surprised it's as obscure as it is, considering how quality the app is. It mimics Myceliums simplicity and adds a lot of flexibility.

It's super simple, but gives you the power to do whatever you want. Here are some of my favorite features that Bluewallet offers, which will hopefully convince you to try it out:

Importing wallets
Probably my favorite feature that a lot of apps don't offer, is the extensive support for importing wallets.

Currently supported: BIP44 (HD), BIP49 (HD SegWit), BIP84 (HD bech32, native SegWit), BIP39 Breadwallet-compatible (m/0'/0/0), Legacy single-address, SegWit single-address (P2SH).

Full access to private keys
Another super important feature for me is the ability to easily access keys, so that I can have them whenever needed. A lot of other wallets make it really annoying to try and find keys, but bluewallet makes it really simple.

On your Bitcoin wallet your Private keys never leave your device. 
You are in full control of your private keys. You can at any moment generate backups and export/import your wallets, with full control of what to do with your private keys.

Flexibility
Bluewallet's description:

"Starting from 1 Satoshi.
 Defined by you, with full flexibility on the amount you want to add to your transaction. blue wallet also provides you a fee estimation to give you an idea how much to add to your transaction to be included on the next block."

I always find the ability to customize fees, extremely useful and as almost a necessity at this point.

You can see countless other features they offer here, including upcoming features which are currently in development. Bluewallet has full transparency since it's open-source, and has an active development team.

Security
Never worry about losing your crypto with 3fa technology:

"On top of the phone multi-layer encryption, blue wallet can encrypt everyting with an added password. Biometric security (touch ID, Face ID) is not safe, so you will have an aditional password to encrypt your wallet instead."

Visit their website

Disclaimer: I use Bluewallet personally, but am only a casual user. Feel free to ask me any questions!
Pages:
Jump to: