Pages:
Author

Topic: A letter from Avalon - page 2. (Read 6313 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
February 13, 2013, 04:05:59 PM

https://www.btcguild.com//halloffame.php

Rank   User   Estimated Speed
1   67117   1,471.86 GH/s

the rumor is that is friedcat and his project. nothing to do with avalon.

but please correct me if i am wrong.

I have also speculated on that being ASICMINER and not Avalon.

http://www.btcmu.info/articles/138-1-3-terahash-per-second-user-on-btcguild-pool.html

If its ASICminer, why dont they solomine? Their project is big enough and they're technical enough to make their own "pool".

Guaranteed PPS at this early date might be too tempting. Get the easy money in a predictable manner.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 13, 2013, 04:04:37 PM

http://www.btcmu.info/articles/138-1-3-terahash-per-second-user-on-btcguild-pool.html

If its ASICminer, why dont they solomine? Their project is big enough and they're technical enough to make their own "pool".
Activity: 462
February 13, 2013, 04:02:01 PM
Very unlikely to be 22 Avalons hashing on one account. Almost surely ASICMiner at this point.

Why is that genius?

Is it unlikely Avalon is mining themselves?
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
February 13, 2013, 04:00:43 PM
Anyone can speculate on anything. The problem is when people act like its true and start demanding answers. The facts are clearly stated on Avalons website. Until a certain deadline is not met people really cant scream scam as there is no proof to it.
legendary
February 13, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

legendary
February 13, 2013, 03:54:54 PM

bitsyncom stated those 53 were mailed and had the best chance to get out of the country.
and yes.. most people on this forum were the ones who ordered. i highly doubt at least one forum
member is not in that batch UNLESS it was just to 1-2 large customers who bought many.

I understand you saying this. But again this is just speculation. Even the one in China that was posted wasnt even on this forum.
Activity: 434
February 13, 2013, 03:12:17 PM
Very unlikely to be 22 Avalons hashing on one account. Almost surely ASICMiner at this point.
legendary
February 13, 2013, 02:58:37 PM
bitsyncom stated those 53 were mailed and had the best chance to get out of the country.
and yes.. most people on this forum were the ones who ordered. i highly doubt at least one forum
member is not in that batch UNLESS it was just to 1-2 large customers who bought many.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
February 13, 2013, 02:57:20 PM

legendary
February 13, 2013, 02:46:31 PM
^^^^  I agree, I would rather them focus their efforts on shipping Batch #1 and Batch #2 by their deadlines period.  He stated "no news is good news" as we need to take it at face value that they are on schedule and have focused their resources on meeting these goals. 

you're not concerned about the 53 units they said they shipped out by January 28th?  At least 16 days in the mail now and not a peep.

We have no idea where those 53 units went. Its VERY likely these 53 units are either people that dont go to this forum or even plan to post that they have their units. Hundreds if not thousands of people stay away from the forums and other social aspects. They have every right to keep private on what they have for mining. There is no proof they haven't sent these 53 units.

Realistically no one has any right to bitch until March 1st. Unless of course they said we shipped YOUR product and never proved they did. I have not seen this case anywhere.

This is just the facts here.

legendary
February 13, 2013, 02:44:29 PM
^^^^  I agree, I would rather them focus their efforts on shipping Batch #1 and Batch #2 by their deadlines period.  He stated "no news is good news" as we need to take it at face value that they are on schedule and have focused their resources on meeting these goals. 

you're not concerned about the 53 units they said they shipped out by January 28th?  At least 16 days in the mail now and not a peep.

We have no idea where those 53 units went. Its VERY likely these 53 units are either people that dont go to this forum or even plan to post that they have their units. Hundreds if not thousands of people stay away from the forums and other social aspects. They have every right to keep private on what they have for mining. There is no proof they haven't sent these 53 units.

Realistically no one has any right to bitch until March 1st. Unless of course they said we shipped YOUR product and never proved they did. I have not seen this case anywhere.

This is just the facts here.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
February 13, 2013, 02:41:12 PM

Where did they state this exactly?   I know they gave an estimate on how many would ship per week/day and what their hard deadline was, the deadline is what matters, they are dealing with many logistical issues including CNY, international shipping and customs along with any internal issues with the product that they may be tightening up.  At this point, I sent my money and I have to take it on faith/calculated risk.   I knew what I was getting into when I ordered.   

In closing:

Jesse Livermore (1920's) once said: "Sometimes it is hard to sit tight and be right"
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
February 13, 2013, 02:29:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
February 13, 2013, 02:27:37 PM
legendary
February 13, 2013, 02:12:23 PM
Basically Avalon has noted how they will be conducting business going forward. Take it as it is. If you like to know if your order went through ok you need to contact http://support.walletbit.com

If your looking for more information. Customer contact. ButterflyLabs might be a better purchase for you.

Avalon is a small group of people and they would like to keep it that way.

At this time they have Until March 1st to ship all Batch 1 orders. If they ship all of these orders by March 1st they have met their deadline. They are focused on meeting deadlines. ButterflyLabs have missed deadlines but have customer service.

You choose on who you spend your money with going down the road.
legendary
February 13, 2013, 02:07:53 PM

All partially paid orders from 2012-02-02 have a deadline of 2013-02-13 17:00 EST to complete payment. All orders which have not been paid in full will be refunded to the sending address unless otherwise instructed. Payment instructions can be obtained and return addresses can be given to WalletBit support at http://support.walletbit.com.

Please contact WalletBit support immediately.

How does that help? I've sent you emails, opened support tickets and sent you multiple PMs only to receive no response.

That is a pure lie. Otherwise prove it with a support ticket number. Walletbit has helped at least a dozen people I know with the Avalon Asic order now. Does spread lies.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
February 13, 2013, 07:42:55 AM
if I send bitcoins, how do I prove that these bitcoins came from me?

If you sent from Bitcoin-Qt (or any other client in which you have the private key, ... such as MultiBit, Electrum, or Blockchain.info/wallet) you can use the Bitcoin-Qt client to digitally sign a message to prove ownership as nobody could do that except someone with the private key for that address.

If you sent from a hosted (shared) E-Wallet, such as from Mt. Gox, Instawallet, Coinbase, Paytunia, etc, then you are pretty much out of luck as far as being able to prove that the payment came from you.

How to prove that the sender for a payment was truly me?
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-prove-that-the-sender-for-a-payment-was-truly-me-4411
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 13, 2013, 07:05:22 AM
But but but butbutbut I'm allergic to crabs.  Lips sealed

There are creams and lotions you can get for that. So I've heard, anyway.
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
February 13, 2013, 06:20:02 AM
SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR DINNER
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
February 13, 2013, 06:18:45 AM
Pages:
Jump to: