Pages:
Author

Topic: A painful loss - page 3. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 100
February 18, 2022, 11:48:06 AM
I know that feel bro, My 1 advice is never try a coin that you never know about its development, Always DYOR. choose a coin with clear fundamentals such as the Top 50 coins at CMC it is the best choice and the safest investment. Developers run away, All members BOT and LP Locks who are suddenly unlocked without notice to investor is a way for scammers to use their tricks. be careful brother
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
February 18, 2022, 11:47:18 AM
I lost 430$ to a metaverse scam project yesterday, the project looks a lot like a professional job to me, everything was so detailed that you can't easily smell any rug pull, here is the project's website https://markmeta.finance/ but unfortunately it's a scam project, you can buy but you can't sell so here are what I find out
Yeah and this has been warned to many times and be careful with any new project. Sometimes the most difficult thing is to know which was the scam project among the project that looks like legit but it acts as a trap for the investors by scammer. that means you have been lured to join in the project that looks like a legit project but it's a trap caused by you are loosing your money.
1. The price of this token kept surging and surging, there was no retrace or whatsoever which to me is a red flag, the whole chart was a straight line aiming for the moon.
The scammer itself was pumping the price of token.
2. Telegram channel was restricted, no one can make comments or send messages, another red flag that I don't get suspicious over
yeah putting the group into the watch mode only. This is scammer behavior.
It's too late already but hope someone learn one or two lessons from this
You must always be careful when investing into something.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 510
February 18, 2022, 11:31:12 AM
sorry buddy for your loss,
Be careful in the future if you want to invest, because there are many scamers out there, many more in the digital world that we never meet eye to eye and meet face to face.
The web is really interesting at first glance to make people believe all of this, but if I see the telegram community is limited I will not return to the group and leave it without returning, let alone invest, I will look for a community whose team is clear and can be invited to work together
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 18, 2022, 11:24:42 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you will recover your losses from another project that will not scam you. You have your lesson, and I hope you don't invest in an unknown project that you really don't know. You already saw that the website could be a good looking website to invite more investors to invest in their project, but unfortunately, they scam all of those people, including you. You don't need to invest in a new project instead, search for the project that already proves good in the market so you will not get another scam.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 589
February 18, 2022, 07:58:16 AM
2. Telegram channel was restricted, no one can make comments or send messages, another red flag that I don't get suspicious over
It should be suspected, the telegram channel was restricted so as not to open conversations that exposed the fraud that had been planned so that members of the community who had expertise in address contract investigations could not comment because they were not allowed to post if the channel settings had been restricted.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 18, 2022, 07:26:49 AM
I lost 430$ to a metaverse scam project yesterday, the project looks a lot like a professional job to me, everything was so detailed that you can't easily smell any rug pull, here is the project's website https://markmeta.finance/ but unfortunately it's a scam project, you can buy but you can't sell so here are what I find out

1. The price of this token kept surging and surging, there was no retrace or whatsoever which to me is a red flag, the whole chart was a straight line aiming for the moon.

dear bro, my suggests are following:
1.You should use some tools for deep survey about your interested project. For me, I am using similarweb to check website traffic.
2. Definitely you should check team. Must be open
3. Had better it is backed by some famous investing org.
4.. If you are sure everything is ok, just use your spare money to invest.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269
February 18, 2022, 07:12:19 AM

I am sorry to hear that you have been victim of a scam Op. I have never heard about this project before and i have not really looked into it if it really is a scam or if you did somethign wrong but it definitely sounds like you have been ripped of here and i have to say that 430$ is a serious amount of money even if you are from a first world country. I already said this before but i really think that the whole metaverse hype is slowly but surely reaching it's height or is maybe even beyond that and this is the reason why we see so many new metaverse projects out there at the moment. Of course only a handful of those 100's that are launching now will be successful in the end, so be careful.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 18, 2022, 06:19:31 AM
That's the reason that i avoid investment in new metaverse projects. Why do we need to experiment and invest in new projects when we already have many good metaverse projects like Mama or Sand.

I guess you are referring to mana there, yeah, there are many already well known metaverse projects in the market for anyone who is interested in investing in the ecosystem instead of looking for something new, but the difference between investing in new than already existing project is that with new projects you have a high chance to x10 or more than buy mana or sand at current price (although very risky) but chances of huge profit is high, i believe this is what most investors consider before joining this new projects.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
February 18, 2022, 05:29:20 AM

That's the reason that i avoid investment in new metaverse projects. Why do we need to experiment and invest in new projects when we already have many good metaverse projects like Mama or Sand.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
February 18, 2022, 05:23:50 AM
I feel sorry for your loss, unfortunately this field has become full of scam projects especially in games and metaverses, it is not always easy to find red flags in such projects because they are very professionally made by scammers, they seem to learn from their past mistakes and it is not easy to detect their scams, recently I saw many scam projects that appeared on Coinmarket and they collapsed within a few days. Anyway, the site is still working so far and the token is in circulation, but its price collapsed and the liquidity is little. You should try to sell your tokens at the best price in order to reduce your loss.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
February 18, 2022, 05:21:16 AM
imo it is much safer to invest through some of the known launchpad we have in the space this days, reason why is most of the vetting of this new project are already being done by the launchpad you decided to use, so you can a little bit be assured you are not walking into a straight scam, the only down side of this launchpad is you must hold their tokens and be in a tier to participate, still way better than taking unnecessary risk. i hope you will recover your loss from another reputable project soon.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
February 18, 2022, 05:17:47 AM
There is no loss that is not painful, this should be a lesson for you so that the same incident does not happen again. The risk of losing money is very big here, especially in projects that are just emerging, the risk is many times compared to projects that are already running.
You are not careful in analyzing yes you will lose money. I pray for the best for you to be better and not to experience the same thing again in the future.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 659
CoinPoker.com
February 18, 2022, 04:30:29 AM

No doubt that this is a rug pull but as what can I see on the poocoin, There's a different buy & sell happening on that token meaning the token smart contract allow selling too. Are you sure are using the right slippage percentage when you are creating sell order on pancakeswap? It seems that the coin is trading properly and the recent dump is typical pump and dump of new shit coin in BSC. Maybe you should try to increase the slippage percentage so that you can sell your tokens and recover some amount of your investment. Typically you should use 15% slippage on this kind f shit tokens. Sorry for your loss.

There should be no red candle on the rising chart if the code for selling is disabled.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
February 18, 2022, 04:21:52 AM
Sorry for you loss, ICO, DeFi, NFTs and now Metaverse, as there are new trends, scammers will look into it to make sure they find ways to see victims to scam, that is why it is very important for us to be very careful of new trends because the scams about new trends would have happened before some other people that do not have experience about scam will learn. You can try to always check coinmarketcap or Coingecko, any coin or token not listed there should be considered as scam.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
February 18, 2022, 02:09:00 AM
Oh, so sorry about your loss mate. A lot of scam out there looking so clean that you suspect nothing. This is a lesson for all, One thing is, always do due diligence before investing in any project. Ensure that the telegram group is lively and there's actually a buy and sell order.
Anyway, even with all our carefulness, one can only pray not to fall a victim of scam.
As i open the site of the project, i was somewhat amazed of how the developers designed it. From there, its already a plus factor. But if you do your due diligence and check if there is transparency of the project, you will start to create some doubts. Once you start to hesitate but still insist that the project may succeed, then start investing with a small amount so that if the project end up as a scam, you will never be totally in loss and disappointed. So maybe this experience will bring lessons for you and by next time, do not trust easily from those new and unestablished projects as most of them are scams.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 5
February 18, 2022, 01:16:29 AM
Yes, the loss of your funds on a fraudulent project is very strongly reflected in the fact that faith in promising projects is lost every day. And also the loss of funds has a very strong impact on health. This is a very strong psychological blow. So, in order to avoid losses of personal funds, you need to invest in proven crypto projects that have already been on the cryptocurrency market for several years.
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
February 18, 2022, 01:01:43 AM
Oh, so sorry about your loss mate. A lot of scam out there looking so clean that you suspect nothing. This is a lesson for all, One thing is, always do due diligence before investing in any project. Ensure that the telegram group is lively and there's actually a buy and sell order.
Anyway, even with all our carefulness, one can only pray not to fall a victim of scam.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
February 18, 2022, 12:03:12 AM
That loss should serve you a lesson. The good thing is, for every painful loss, you are learning and that will be your reason to become more vigilant and careful the next time you invest. The loss is already there and no choice but to embrace it.

It's ok to cry. It's ok to feel regret. It's ok to feel to be disappointed but at the end of the day, you have to move on.

Move forward and become a better investor next time.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
February 17, 2022, 11:45:16 PM
Just charge it to experience mate, that's how it is, there's a lot of scammers here in the world that we live in. So we really need to be very careful specially our hard earn money. Hopefully you can learn from this mistakes and won't make the same error again.

And you are lucky that you just investment that small amount. Imagine those who have pour thousands of dollars, and feel what they are feeling right now.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
February 17, 2022, 11:39:41 PM
wow, you really are very unlucky. sorry for you.
maybe this is a new way to commit fraud, that's why i don't invest in new projects. at first it looks very interesting and they will also definitely show a very large profit so that we are interested in investing in it but the results are like what happened to you.

your experience will be a lesson to others.
we have to be more careful and really have to do research over and over again before investing.
Pages:
Jump to: