Pages:
Author

Topic: A painful loss - page 4. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
February 17, 2022, 05:24:37 PM
That's really painful and I'm sorry for your loss.

These rug pulls are kept on happening and everyone has to be careful with what they invest. People are liking the turn of the metaverse projects and yet, they're not too careful and are too quick to believe with the project's goal.

That's a quite big amount already but not if you're in a first world country. Still, OP you can still recover that in some other ways and be meticulous with projects you invest. When you see red flags, avoid them already.
Activity: 294
Merit: 28
February 17, 2022, 05:14:25 PM
Sorry man for you lost, better still you have to be careful of the projects you get engaged in next time cus this might end you up on a flat ground, saying same thing like what the naysayers do; "crypto is a big scam and I can't invest in it" according to one of the naysayers that his relation made 17000dolls from crypto in it's ATH as a newbie.. baffling right? Yeah it is!
Go on with it, I'm not always advising anyone to toil with shitcoins cus I don't know thier durability ( though I don't know bitcoins's durability too but atleast, this has been stable for years now..) not some shitcoins that haven't even ensured proper security on getting thier sites spammed, TBD ....deeply sorry for those bucks
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
February 17, 2022, 04:36:34 PM
Yes, that looks like a classic rug pull.

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/price/MarkMeta-MMT

Although, I must admit, their website does look enticing, I noticed one red flag: they fail to mention the team behind the project. Serious projects should have a serious team.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
February 17, 2022, 04:02:49 PM
I lost 430$ to a metaverse scam project yesterday, the project looks a lot like a professional job to me, everything was so detailed that you can't easily smell any rug pull, here is the project's website https://markmeta.finance/ but unfortunately it's a scam project, you can buy but you can't sell so here are what I find out

1. The price of this token kept surging and surging, there was no retrace or whatsoever which to me is a red flag, the whole chart was a straight line aiming for the moon.

2. Telegram channel was restricted, no one can make comments or send messages, another red flag that I don't get suspicious over

It's too late already but hope someone learn one or two lessons from this
It's the risk one has to face on the crypto field and it always looks legit until it is not. That's how unfortunate it could get when you don't know how to weigh the risk. The more reason why, the policy goes that, you should invest only what you can afford to loose. So, when it eventually turns out to be a scam or some investment on a sh*t project, you can still be satisfied with the lose and maybe gain or get compensated from some other meaningful investments.
It's sad you saw them flags and didn't go with it but the important thing is; hope you learnt something out of this lose. If you did, then you might not have lost it all.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
February 17, 2022, 02:52:16 PM
I lost 430$ to a metaverse scam project yesterday, the project looks a lot like a professional job to me, everything was so detailed that you can't easily smell any rug pull,
It is much more difficult to pinpoint a professional scammers on an altcoin project because they learn and continue to learn from past mistakes. There are dozens of projects that end up in scams where they cost their investors huge losses after investing in them. This is nothing new to the altcoin project although it may be hard to spot at first.

Unfortunately there are still many people who are tempted by altcoin projects because of the promising returns, but you have done something good because you have done some analysis. Now make scam accusation for that project and tell people to stay away from the project that is costing you money right now. Sorry for your loss, it hurts so much sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
February 17, 2022, 02:41:27 PM
Yea, likely rug pull. Dev. skip with the fund they raised. That's the reason why I am not much interested in brand new projects. They just come to the market to pull the money, nothing else. They use the most recent trends like currently, Metaverse trending on. So it's better to avoid brand new projects and choose some potential existing projects to buy on the dip. Sorry for your loss.
Activity: 882
Merit: 507
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
February 17, 2022, 02:38:45 PM
Next time,make enquiry before you dive into new project so that you won't loose your money, you shouldn't have invested on it as you noticed that telegram chat was restricted and the coin was increasing anyhow, 430$ might look small but is something, sorry about the lost ,thank God is not more than that.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
February 17, 2022, 02:37:36 PM
I lost 430$ to a metaverse scam project yesterday, the project looks a lot like a professional job to me, everything was so detailed that you can't easily smell any rug pull, here is the project's website https://markmeta.finance/ but unfortunately it's a scam project, you can buy but you can't sell so here are what I find out

1. The price of this token kept surging and surging, there was no retrace or whatsoever which to me is a red flag, the whole chart was a straight line aiming for the moon.

2. Telegram channel was restricted, no one can make comments or send messages, another red flag that I don't get suspicious over

I would want to say this don't start your research after things starts to get suspicious, always do this from the beginning, I am surprised about your conclusion on this Post and I wonder why you didn't atleast see one of those red areas from this project before you invested.
I don't know your capital capacity but for me I start with a little that's below $100 then after I am satisfied I get enter again with higher than what I first invested.
Okay, I'm quite of a noob when it comes to such projects on DeFi, how exactly do you conduct research regarding a specific project? What do you lookout for, what red flags could one possibly spot, and how are these determined? Certainly, there's no precise way of being 100% safe, but how do you reduce the risk of getting scammed?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
February 17, 2022, 02:27:46 PM

I would want to say this don't start your research after things starts to get suspicious, always do this from the beginning, I am surprised about your conclusion on this Post and I wonder why you didn't atleast see one of those red areas from this project before you invested.
I don't know your capital capacity but for me I start with a little that's below $100 then after I am satisfied I get enter again with higher than what I first invested.
Activity: 168
Merit: 190
February 17, 2022, 02:09:30 PM
Just a question: the site shows a market cap of only $200K, so if I understand it correctly, it should come as no surprise it's not easy to trade. Are there any more reasons, other than the site being new, to say it's a scam?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
February 17, 2022, 01:48:56 PM
Sorry for your loss, almost everything on the internet is a scam and you should treat it as such, that way you will be more cautious about how you invest. If you had looked up the site, you would see that it was registered less than a month ago, and lots of information are redacted, showing no transparency;
Code:
Expires On
2023-01-19
Registered On
2022-01-19
Updated On
2022-01-24
Source

You can also make a detailed thread in the Scam accusation board to warn more users using this link as a template
Activity: 75
Merit: 4
February 17, 2022, 12:33:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: