Pages:
Author

Topic: A real decentralized exchange - page 2. (Read 840 times)

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
July 12, 2019, 05:36:36 AM
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@hatu/switch-is-a-dex-that-s-actually-decentralized

Thoughts? Im definitely bias towards switch but i truly think its one of the few real decentralized exchanges out there.

Also not sure if right section

I never used any decentralized exchange before because after low liquidity and the funds. But I guess there is an exchange which really gives over all the control to the user then it can be the real decentralized exchange but it should be highly secure.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
July 11, 2019, 11:27:41 PM
What is the point today in the decentralization of exchange or even in the cryptocurrency market, if in fact most of the trading exchanges require passport data, and there is already such a practice that every new project requires KYC. In addition, such a stock exchange as Binance already states that they have access to personal data and user accounts.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
July 11, 2019, 02:50:00 AM

Thoughts? Im definitely bias towards switch but i truly think its one of the few real decentralized exchanges out there.

I also had time to join this project and the first impression that I felt was indeed decentralized, but I don't think it is still running full because they still just started it. I prefer to use Binance Dex or even Forkdelta.

All of fork delta, I would typically agree with you that it is a full decentralized exchange, but that of Binance DEX, until Binance really proves it before I can fully agree, and not just by giving a platform a name in that name of DEX, because I don’t see how they intend to manage both together, they have a centralized exchange already where they are making so much profit, and creating a DEX exchange to counter that? When they know that people would die to see DEX exchange they can rely on and also have the volume, because Binance DEX must surely have the volume it needs to run the exchange smoothly because of their popularity already and trust of people in them, but what exactly would they be able to gain doing so? Which makes it doubt it’s a full decentralized exchange.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
July 08, 2019, 02:30:58 PM
I tried it now and seems pretty good compared to Forkdelta user interface is bit nice and simple which is very easy to familiarize yourself if you are first time using this dex personally I never tried switch before I only use FD no other one because many eth tokens are first listed in FD compared to IDEX or DDex it only needs some volume for this dex to become famous needs a good marketing campaigns and introduce to users of decentralized exchangers.   

It is, forkdelta is really only used because it's a fork of EtherDelta which simply was one of the first DEX's out there and it has the most amount of volume. Once the rest of the DEX's get more liquidity, forkdelta and other shitty DEX's will die.
July 08, 2019, 02:45:26 AM

I also had time to join this project and the first impression that I felt was indeed decentralized, but I don't think it is still running full because they still just started it. I prefer to use Binance Dex or even Forkdelta.

It is running full and they constantly update it. Binance DEX is not a real DEX, i wont support it, who knows which country they ban next, whats the point of a dex if you can ban countries.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs
July 08, 2019, 01:10:03 AM

Activity: 812
Merit: 251
July 07, 2019, 11:35:56 PM
In real time or nowadays centralized are more popular than decentralized exchange. That's truth and always can be find out at the coinmarketcap where most of the top exchange are centralized based platform. Although, I can't deny I am much in favor of DEX because KYC is not needed compared to centralized exchange.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
July 07, 2019, 07:26:48 PM
I used Idex very often, since on this exchange it was possible to sell those coins that were not on other exchangers.  But as for forkDelta, all coins are sold there, including garbage.
Yeah, everything  where sold there but how about the price it looks like? Probably nothing and nobody is buying those garbage.
I really appreciate this exchange cause they automatically listed new coins but somehow the price aren't giving me satisfaction, it is very low and ain't favorable to us.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
July 07, 2019, 04:30:24 PM
In my heart forever, only one decentralized exchange - EtherDelta (FD now). In fact, many exchanges are now trying to create their own decentralized version, but at the same time it’s very difficult for them to escape from centralization. It is very sad.
Activity: 630
Merit: 14
July 07, 2019, 01:29:34 PM
I used Idex very often, since on this exchange it was possible to sell those coins that were not on other exchangers.  But as for forkDelta, all coins are sold there, including garbage.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
July 07, 2019, 12:27:21 PM
We have so many real decentralized exchanges out there which should have worked perfectly well for the system of cryptocurrency trades, and decentralization is the real purpose why we use cryptocurrency or why it was introduced, but the issue with most of these real decentralized exchange which the switch you mentioned is not left out is Volume, they hardly get the volume for their operation which is why they end up remaining dormant later.

No matter the hype you try to create, no matter that handwork you put in creating awareness for a decentralized exchange, people just seems not to look much into it , and they pay more attention to most of these centralized exchanges that are ripping them off their cash and enriching themselves. I am still waiting to see that DEX exchange that will overcome such challenge, and I hope that your switch succeeds.
Activity: 810
Merit: 101
July 06, 2019, 07:40:13 PM
Yes, decentralized exchanges have certain advantages over centralized ones. However, it is unknown which of them still gain an advantage. I believe that we need both centralized and decentralized exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
July 06, 2019, 06:30:33 PM
but in the future centralized exchanges will not exist ...

I'm pretty sure they will exist. We're already at a stage where institutions are setting up trading desks for their clients, these will not go away because the entities using these desks do so because it offers them a regulated and insured environment. They are not interested in a decentralized exchange. It's far out of their interest field.

I'm also pretty sure that centralized retail exchanges will continue to exist. They will always find a way to attract users. People have proven to be easy to convince to sign up by offering them a bonus, free tokens, etc. People already submit a copy of their ID and whatnot to centralized exchanges just to claim $20 worth of shitcoins. If you push it as exchange, they might even do it for $5 or $10 worth of free shitcoins.

Never underestimate the greed within noobs chasing after "free" money.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
July 06, 2019, 01:49:17 PM
i doubt if the future exchange will hold on DEX platform due to the fact that platform usage is not quite familiar to people.
That's why it's called "future". It is not quite familiar to people now but it will be in the coming years.

the option of submitting private key before trading might not go well with some people.
So what do you suggest? Not having the option to hold your private keys like what centralized exchanges do? Note that there are many ways to access Dex's without having to submit private keys.

Activity: 280
Merit: 5
July 05, 2019, 05:54:43 PM
i doubt if the future exchange will hold on DEX platform due to the fact that platform usage is not quite familiar to people. the option of submitting private key before trading might not go well with some people. also trading in Dex do take time because people always put lower prices for tokens.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
July 05, 2019, 04:54:17 PM
I do not think that decentralized exchanges on the market are good in this theme. As written in this article some gaps are proofs. But it is not about being the decentralization what we are looking for, small amount is enough to give up everything. Anyway, the exchanges are also guilty in this regard, but the situation would have been very different from the current situation if we had not interested in the centralized exchanges.  Undecided
SwitchDEX.ag - I have never used this exchange, but I am going to try it from now on.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
July 05, 2019, 03:13:32 PM
Well, one thing that I can say on decentralized exchanges out there, there is no huge volume of each coin and of course the liquidity.
We can't deny the fact now regarding the regulatory demand and most countries now was strictly implemented a regulation, so I think a decentralized exchange will hardly fully develop and not surviving of this kind of service which is in crypto market industries now most likely must undertaking regulatory and pass KYC verification.

This was taking so hard for the customers to deal with decentralized exchanges regulation, and I think it couldn't give positive outcome. Customers will become hesitant to have trading, yet crypto price growth for each and every asset could possibly go down. It may cause drop of trading volumes which not all users in favor of this kind of tight KYC implementations. Although this is the safest thing on crypto, but it can be hassle for those traders whose handling huge assets.
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
July 05, 2019, 02:40:37 PM
The closest ever to become a "real decentralized exchange" is etherdelta. Aside from users keeping their own private keys and not being blocked, users can simply list their tokens there and trade. No need for approval whatsoever. But despite that, it wasn't able to escape the SEC https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-258
July 05, 2019, 01:57:06 PM

I didn't follow the news so I'm just hearing from you. But it doesn't seem very exciting to try it. I'm just curious to check its volume.

DEXs don't ask for KYC, otherwise why using a DEX at the first place. Better to use a centralized instead. And no this has nothing to do with regulations since they don't to abide by.
Decentralization is the real power against authorities and regarding multiple sides.

Well some DEX's are forced to have some sort of KYC because of their countries regulations. For instance, as I said, Binance was certainly forced to not accept US customers. I'm sure it's not because they don't like people from USA.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 442
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
July 05, 2019, 01:41:23 PM
Well, one thing that I can say on decentralized exchanges out there, there is no huge volume of each coin and of course the liquidity.
We can't deny the fact now regarding the regulatory demand and most countries now was strictly implemented a regulation, so I think a decentralized exchange will hardly fully develop and not surviving of this kind of service which is in crypto market industries now most likely must undertaking regulatory and pass KYC verification.
Pages:
Jump to: