Pages:
Author

Topic: A Simple Gambling Trick - page 9. (Read 9866 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
October 18, 2015, 04:54:40 PM
There are no real tricks by which you can earn more money by gambling but there are few tricks by using which you can minimize your losses in the gambling. Don't try to win big money in one go for example if you have $ 1000 dollar then don't play with all money in a single session. You can have multiple games or sessions by splitting these $1000 into $200 small games. These increases your winning chances and at least you can recover whatever you are spending.

There is logic in splitting the chances in multiple games instead of one big shot, it is a mathematical relation.

Yes agreed with you. People can follow some rule for  their self, don't play too much in one go, try to play in sessions. Take a break in between two or three games, this will help you to think and keep your mind relaxed so that yo can take correct decisions and avoid the losses. Sometime it can work, many people are already following this.
Activity: 553
October 17, 2015, 03:29:04 AM
What is the probability that the bombs in the boxes wont be shuffled ? Though this seems to be a good idea but I dont think the website owner will keep the same algorithams if everyone keeps on winning .Probably after reading this post ,he might have already changed his algorithams .

I think it have changed already, after the trick been world wide spread  Grin
dosent matters if it has been wide spread or not but there is no strategy that can make you win all the time ...
probably it was a bug and it got fixed..
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
October 16, 2015, 08:44:58 AM
There are no real tricks by which you can earn more money by gambling but there are few tricks by using which you can minimize your losses in the gambling. Don't try to win big money in one go for example if you have $ 1000 dollar then don't play with all money in a single session. You can have multiple games or sessions by splitting these $1000 into $200 small games. These increases your winning chances and at least you can recover whatever you are spending.

There is logic in splitting the chances in multiple games instead of one big shot, it is a mathematical relation.

Yeah I remember covering this a couple years back with doog. It's actually pretty logical that reducing bet size reduces potential losses in terms of probability.

Yes.

And you're the first person who responded in such an open manner.

Everyone else just tells me I'm wrong.  Smiley

The trick is to split up your bet (the amount you were going to risk in a single bet) into a series of amounts which sum to a the same, and which form a sequence such that you can bet the smallest amount, and if it wins, you make the same as if you bet the whole amount at 49.5% (so you'll be betting with a smaller chance, and higher payout multiplier).  And if it loses, you want betting the 2nd amount to cover the first loss and make the same net profit.  Etc.

If you can find such a sequence (and you always can, though it can involve some hairy math depending on the length of the sequence you're looking for) then the amount you expect to risk is less than your whole amount (since there's a non-zero chance that you will win before the last bet, and stop at that point), and so the amount you expect to lose, being 1% of the amount you risk, is less than when you make the single bet.

Here's a very simple example:

you have 1 BTC and want to double it.

* you could bet it all at 49.5%, and succeed in doubling up with probability 0.495

* or you could bet 0.41421356 BTC at 28.99642866% with payout multiplier 3.41421356x, and if you lose, bet the rest at the same chance.  If you win either bet, you double up, else you lose.  Your chance of doubling up is 0.4958492857 - a little higher than the 0.495 you have with the single bet.

Cool, huh?

That's breaking the single bet up into a sequence of length 2.

If you break it up into more, smaller bets, then the probability of success increases further.

The more steps, the closer to 0.5 your probability of success gets.

You'll be limited by real-life barriers, like the invisibility indivisibility of the satoshi, and the limit of 4 decimal places on the chance at JD.  But in theory you can get arbitrarily close to 0.5.  I think.  Smiley

And some quick maths (plus graphing)

I cannot believe I'm saying this but I think you might be right.

I went ahead and played around with a case where the player starts at 1 wants to move to 2 by making two bets (of any size between 0-1 inclusive). Hence I went to go graph the function to see if it was true and I got this:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/obkfifgbnl

Where y = probability of succeeding
and d = the value of the first initial bet

Notice how at both d = 0 and d= 1 the probability is 0.495 as expected (as you are either betting nothing then 1 or 1 then nothing and both are equivalent cases). And in between you get a probability higher than the 0.495 offered for the single bet.

I've tried a few set values for cases where you split your value up to more than two and you do get a better result. I can only theorise that this is because as your bet size approaches 0 with the number of bets approaching infinity your expectation approaches 1.

However, what I do not understand at the present is why this is so. I almost fell out of my chair when the numbers came out (I checked like 6 times), as it's inferring that you can get better than what the house 'technically' offers. The problem with this is that your expectation is better than just flat betting and logically that doesn't make sense. Both should have the same expectation.

I'm going to mull it over.

I haven't given it a lot of thought beyond this - doog explained it quite elegantly.

When you bet your whole bankroll in a single bet, you expect to lose 1% of it.

When you split it up and bet the pieces in order from smallest to biggest, and stop when any bet wins you often don't end up betting the whole bankroll, and so you expect to lose 1% of less than the whole bankroll.

By splitting it up you reduce the amount you expect to bet, and so you reduce the amount you expect to lose.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1106
October 16, 2015, 08:31:55 AM

Activity: 966
Merit: 501
October 15, 2015, 02:45:00 PM
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 15, 2015, 12:03:20 PM
What is the probability that the bombs in the boxes wont be shuffled ? Though this seems to be a good idea but I dont think the website owner will keep the same algorithams if everyone keeps on winning .Probably after reading this post ,he might have already changed his algorithams .

Of course. Cheesy
And there are no static strategy for "random gambling" like minesweeper.

Sometimes it looks like you always can win with "some" strategies. But in hours later you will have losing streak with that strategy.
My suggestion is, when you have winning streak, keep playing until you start to lose first 4 bet.

And do wd.

legendary
October 15, 2015, 09:02:14 AM

Activity: 168
October 15, 2015, 08:30:00 AM

For me there is no really trick when it comes to gambling.
I guess it's just plain luck and all plus your patience yes.
Also we need knowledge when to stop because if we not, the only thing we can get from gambling is an empty wallet.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
October 15, 2015, 08:15:06 AM
You actually made a thread about nothing OP. Get lucky and then bag your winnings - great advice I'll hold on to it Tongue
Activity: 938
Merit: 517
October 15, 2015, 04:57:06 AM
no tricks, i just rely on luck anyway
coz it's useless having any tricks as good as if not lucky, the result will be a little disappointing Grin
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
October 15, 2015, 04:51:58 AM
I think it will not termed as a trick,Maybe we can call it as strategy way, tricks is just like a hack or magic. anyway thanks i will try your strategy maybe i can recover all my lost..
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
October 15, 2015, 04:41:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1002
October 09, 2015, 09:20:09 AM
I can`t stop to do not reply  Wink.
I would like to thank you for your great Trick - I will not follow it as I know my luck is just limited to more important parts of my life.

... What OP think that will achieve ... Attention yes.
Activity: 602
October 09, 2015, 09:00:34 AM
someone will said that there is a trick if they get some profit on their bets..

but when their trick not working anymore,,of course they will said that no trick in gambling world...always happen like that..
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
October 09, 2015, 07:04:39 AM
ill give it a try, and ill use the refferal Smiley, dont see a probelm in posting to help ones bank roll
legendary
October 09, 2015, 06:50:48 AM
All those tricks work untill they don't. I used to explore many strategies, they are all the same regarding to winning or losing, you can win some but if you don't stop in time you'll lose everything ... like always. )

100% true, if the number of tries increases your chance of loosing increases too.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
October 09, 2015, 05:11:07 AM
All those tricks work untill they don't. I used to explore many strategies, they are all the same regarding to winning or losing, you can win some but if you don't stop in time you'll lose everything ... like always. )
Activity: 196
October 09, 2015, 03:51:28 AM
The reality is that there is no trick/no method/no techniques to win in gambling..Gambling is based on luck that's why it's named "gamble".
Anyways,OP is seeing his method as a trick because it works for him but that doesn't mean it will always work.There's no method which guarantees a win everytime.all you can do to help yourself is bet low and on low odds say 1.1x chance and you have 90% chance to win..Even then it depends on the luck Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
October 09, 2015, 03:18:48 AM
All you need is patience and a correct guess to get some big winnings on gambling.

So if only I can guess correctly I can win? Such trick!

I looked at the game - I have to avoid one out of four boxes, so I have a 75% chance of winning 1.31 times my stake.

In order for the game to be profitable for the player in the long term, the payout would need to be over 100/75 = 1.333333x.
Since the payout is 1.31x, it's a little too low to be profitable in the long term.

We can calculate the house edge:

>>> 100 - 75 * 1.31

It's 1.75%. ie. in the long term you will lose 1.75% of everything you risk (if you only ever play the first step of the game).
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
October 08, 2015, 03:47:48 PM
This not a trick. I can lost all my satoshi with only one click and it can be the firs step of the game. I try to waste my yime with faucets in order to these type of gambles.
I read op's post and I am amused how can he call it a trick. It is neither an exploit nor trick of any kind. It is just simple guessing!
It is not even a strategy, it is just an advice: 'play wise and be cautious, and maybe you can win'.
Pages:
Jump to: