Pages:
Author

Topic: A spam attack can easily destroy the new Viabtc BCH chain - page 2. (Read 1316 times)

Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG

I have the same concern about ViaBTC I think they will quite vulnerable especially the first few days and susceptible to a spam attack, hey I wish them the best but chances this chain is dead on arrival. No crypto is as strong as Bitcoin if you think about it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
You're asking this question on bitcointalk? lol

Actually I was expecting to find the answer there, but it only addresses replay protection. Care to elaborate?

Hint: I'm not looking for opinion or debates, only science and facts. They're missing from BitcoinCash.org ATM.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Seriously, every transaction in the world ever, stored locally on everyone's smartphone so they can buy a beer with Bitcoin Cash?

I suspect the popcorn manufacturing industry to be the mastermind behind Bitcoin Cash  Roll Eyes

The fact is, I'm not against Bitcoin Cash per se (only against its confusing name FWIW), but I'd like to know more about this:

New SigHash Type - As part of the replay protection technology, Bitcoin Cash introduces a new way of signing transactions. This also brings additional benefits such as input value signing for improved hardware wallet security, and elimination of the quadratic hashing problem.

How so?

You're asking this question on bitcointalk? lol
legendary
Activity: 1946
Seriously, every transaction in the world ever, stored locally on everyone's smartphone so they can buy a beer with Bitcoin Cash?

I suspect the popcorn manufacturing industry to be the mastermind behind Bitcoin Cash  Roll Eyes

The fact is, I'm not against Bitcoin Cash per se (only against its confusing name FWIW), but I'd like to know more about this:

New SigHash Type - As part of the replay protection technology, Bitcoin Cash introduces a new way of signing transactions. This also brings additional benefits such as input value signing for improved hardware wallet security, and elimination of the quadratic hashing problem.

How so?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Shhh... I thought about this, and how funny it would be if someone spammed their chain to fill the 8 MB blocks just to show the futility of a big-block based scaling solution.

I don't expect BCH to survive very long one way or another. Between poor, rushed coding, vulnerability to mining reorgs by a hostile miner, spam attacks, relentless dumping from BTC supporters, risk of replay attacks if not handled well, and risk of malware splitting tools it's just a question of what will do it in first.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
I just think that a spam transaction attack can easily destroy Viabtc BCH chain. The reason is that this chain will have a very small hashrate, it need many days for the difficulty correction and until then their chain will be stuck.
A malicious person can begin to spam attack this chain and fill the mempool with a huge amount of transaction.
This will be a disaster cocktail and i dont think this small chain can handle the amount of work that need to clear the mempool.
Of course this attack can happen only from a big bitcoin holder.
Pages:
Jump to: