Pages:
Author

Topic: A steady source of income is a man's bottom line to support his family - page 11. (Read 1194 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
The interviewers would just say the job is not entitled to any insurance or benefits, what they can offer is a very low base salary and the commission part would be subject to how many sales the employee can bring to their company.

If the jobs he qualifies for are mainly commission based sales positions.

He may be able to earn a micro degree for $50 from an internet course to seek employment with better benefits and pay. It could be harder now due to many thousands of tech and IT positions being cut by large corporations during 2022. But there is a good variety of micro degrees which can be obtained without needing an expensive college loan with years of debt repayment.

There are many free tutorials and educational content available on the internet, which can be used to learn and master new vocational skills.

Many in their 40s and older with no prior experience who are learning to develop mobile apps and new IT skills to reinvent themselves. There are a number of feel good stories circulating about the trend.

I'm not saying its easy. But there are open doors and opportunities which could be available.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Or better yet, have multiple income streams. Just so you have a backup if you get fired from your job or your main income goes bust.
That is way safer, look for side hustles that can provide you additional income other than your main source income. At least, when one fails, other sources will still be reliable. However, with regards to your friend, I suggest not to be picky on jobs because he is in badly needed for a stable income so he should have a work that can put food on the table and can provide his family’s basic needs. Otherwise, his family will starve to death, if he will always wait for a high compensated job. And if he is really thinking about his wife’s condition, he should do what it takes so he can provide money for the upcoming surgery if ever.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

The interviewers would just say the job is not entitled to any insurance or benefits, what they can offer is a very low base salary and the commission part would be subject to how many sales the employee can bring to their company. My friend was not willing to take any of them because he has a family to feed and his wife's condition is unstable which could need a lot of money for surgery at any time.
It is even because of that bolded part that your friend should take the job. I am talking from a personal experience here, my wife did not need any surgery but I too turned down job offers because I mostly thought they were not willing to pay me what is desirable based on my previous jobs and experience and it was a difficult time caring for the family. I believe you should advise him like someone also mentioned earlier, it is better to take small than not to have at all.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
Your friend is in sales, right? So he should learn more about how to convince customers to buy, and try to additionally read or listen to books that describe all sales strategies. During my time, I was also involved in similar work, and very often, good money can be made solely on the number of sales and bonuses. In your spare time, advise your friend to begin improving in their specialty, as today you must have all modes of communication to obtain a high-paying job.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1018
My friend's story sends me a signal: no matter how much I earn right now, try to keep my job and souce of income stable. I am also a family man and have responsibilities. Anything bad can also happen to me so I have to be prepared for unforeseen problems, although I am doing fine now. Make hay while the sun shines. If you have any advice for my friend, please let me know. Thank you.

Life is filled with uncertainties that's why we need to plan. Regardless of how much you earn ensure you continuously save some part of your income no matter how small. It would also be good if you engage in some insurance policies such as health, fire, occupational, or even life. This might help reduce the impact of some harsh uncertainties.

It is also important to note that some uncontrollable environmental factors influence the citizens of every county. Issues like natural disasters, economic problems, high rates of unemployment, and political instability. One must not suffer from depression because of situations that he cannot influence or change. We must learn to endure these difficulties and try as much as we can to reduce their negative impact.

Tell your friend to be cheerful and keep searching for a job and let him also check out jobs on some online job platforms like Upwork and others. He might be able to get an international job that would sustain his family. Also, tell him to be strong for his family because depression can be deadly and his family needs him.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
He should accept those low-paying jobs that he found because he needs money, right? For his wife, no matter how low the salary is, it is better than not receiving money. It was the same situation for me before; if I hadn't accepted the $4 per day salary, we would not be eating for a few days. He should accept it while he is still finding another job.

Having multiple source of income and also having savings is needed for us because anything can happen so we should be ready that even if we lost our job we can still last 6months with food in the table
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Or better yet, have multiple income streams. Just so you have a backup if you get fired from your job or your main income goes bust.
Activity: 224
Merit: 20

I mentioned somewhere that my closest friend has been unemployed for over a year due to the devastating collapse of his line of business and and his wife's sickness. Last time we met was a month ago and he was depressed in certain ways which worried me a lot. I called him to see if he was fine last Sunday and he told me he was looking for jobs and the next day he would go to several interviews. I was glad to hear that. Last night I called to follow up and he said the interviews were not going well. I aksed why. He told me that nowadays most companies are not doing well, barely making even actually. The interviewers would just say the job is not entitled to any insurance or benefits, what they can offer is a very low base salary and the commission part would be subject to how many sales the employee can bring to their company. My friend was not willing to take any of them because he has a family to feed and his wife's condition is unstable which could need a lot of money for surgery at any time. I understand him and am trying my best to help him find a high-pay job.

My friend's story sends me a signal: no matter how much I earn right now, try to keep my job and souce of income stable. I am also a family man and have responsibilities. Anything bad can also happen to me so I have to be prepared to the unforseen problems, although I am doing fine now. Make hay while the sun shines. If you have any advice for my friend, please let me know. Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: