Pages:
Author

Topic: A weird token in myetherwallet - page 2. (Read 1467 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 05:56:35 AM
just seen this topic and have checked my MEW. it must be from some air drops you had joined
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 07, 2017, 05:34:04 AM
Well, I've noticed that too ... that weird token in my wallet ... what is that ?

Probably some tokens from airdrops. I also had a this because one I also joined some airdrops but stopped when airdrops started to ask for donations (although they said it was optional but obviously they didn't give any to those who did not donate).
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
December 07, 2017, 05:16:48 AM
So guys.. is there a solution of this incident? I'm also got experienced the same thing like that. I just got paid from one of bounty campaign and the token it's looks like that in MEW, Who has more experience or knowing this.. please enlighten to this problem.
Does that mean useless a token or how? damn i'm so newbie on MEW.
Activity: 342
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 02:50:02 AM
Token is  like INSP promotion token with zero value. Act like a coupon for ICO.
Activity: 728
Merit: 537
December 07, 2017, 02:25:41 AM
Another force airdrop like the PENIS token? or myetherwallets has been compromised?

Lol myetherwallet is an open-source wallet already. They don't need to be compromised because there is no information held on their servers. They give you the private keys to your address. It's just a way to connect to the ether main network.

For the OP, it's probably a forced airdrop coin like a lot of the ones that are spread every now and then. They're usually worth nothing so there's nothing to waste your time on.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
December 07, 2017, 02:05:09 AM
Gotta love airdrops. I checked my wallet the other day and had several new coins.  It isn't a whole lot of money but hey who knows what it could be worth in the future.
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
December 07, 2017, 01:50:01 AM
Another force airdrop like the PENIS token? or myetherwallets has been compromised?
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
December 07, 2017, 01:46:55 AM
I noticed that too. I have two tokens with coin names but N/A on the left side of column in ethplorer.io. I didn't even know where it came from, maybe from those airdrops i joined. Last night, i try to copy the contract address of it and paste it on etherdelta link and found out that is tradeable with just a small amount.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
December 07, 2017, 01:28:35 AM
I havent checked myetherwallet today so dont know i also have this or not

There are so many useless tokens like this which are being distributed randomly to every eth address holding some eth. All this free airdroped coins can be ignored because they will not be successful.
Activity: 832
Merit: 500
December 07, 2017, 01:26:34 AM
also just noticed this..
Activity: 20
December 07, 2017, 01:18:36 AM
Well, I've noticed that too ... that weird token in my wallet ... what is that ?
Activity: 3
December 07, 2017, 01:02:20 AM
hi guys, i just opened my ether wallet and among my tokens there was a weird new one i never bought of heard about.

xnumber........................coinname
not a valid erc20 token....BCV

BCV?

i searched on google what is was and there is a .io website https://bcvault.io/

again, i never heard of this coin.
i also cannot send tokens to any exchange. if i do that i get the message "Sorry, We are unable to locate the Transaction Hash"
i also double checked the myether website so i am on the legit one and not a scam site

anyone know what this problem is?

thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: