Pages:
Author

Topic: About anonymity for Newbies - page 2. (Read 3539 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
May 12, 2015, 04:58:53 PM
Let me give you an example: at BitcoinMixers.com you can find Helix light mixer that does not just clean your bitcoins it gives you brand new freshly mined uncirculated bitcoins. The Helix's system is more than a simple bitcoin tumbler, it is privacy and security wrapped in one.  Smiley

Where did you get newly minted coins?

our website is only concerned with advertising these services. where the team of BTC mixer takes new Bitcoins we do not know. maybe this is the secret of the company  Grin

So you are just advertising? I don't want you to tell where you get newly minted coins but at least can you post a signed message from an address which has some newly minted coins? Wink

are you kidding? i said that we are just advertising

He actually has a very fair request.  You "advertised" some had newly minted coins, so asking you to show this is 100 percent fair.

If you cannot prove it or show it then it should not be a advertising point.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
May 12, 2015, 03:14:43 PM
You shouldnt trust coin mixers, be very careful with them since they can steal your bitcoins and never send them back to you while they are "mixing them"
that's true.. and that's why , when you want to use a mixer service, you  should always choose a trusted and reliable service..  be extremely careful when using  Roll Eyes these kind of services..

That's why people should choose their mixer that they trust and use it.
May 12, 2015, 01:27:05 PM
Let me give you an example: at BitcoinMixers.com you can find Helix light mixer that does not just clean your bitcoins it gives you brand new freshly mined uncirculated bitcoins. The Helix's system is more than a simple bitcoin tumbler, it is privacy and security wrapped in one.  Smiley

our website is only concerned with advertising these services. where the team of BTC mixer takes new Bitcoins we do not know. maybe this is the secret of the company  Grin

So you are just advertising? I don't want you to tell where you get newly minted coins but at least can you post a signed message from an address which has some newly minted coins? Wink

are you kidding? i said that we are just advertising
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
May 12, 2015, 11:57:09 AM

legendary
May 12, 2015, 11:54:36 AM

Or is it possible maybe it's not happening?   If you cannot explain or show it happening.... i don't know if it should be advertised.
May 12, 2015, 10:43:24 AM

May 12, 2015, 09:42:52 AM

May 12, 2015, 08:26:21 AM
You shouldnt trust coin mixers, be very careful with them since they can steal your bitcoins and never send them back to you while they are "mixing them"
that's true.. and that's why , when you want to use a mixer service, you  should always choose a trusted and reliable service..  be extremely careful when using  Roll Eyes these kind of services..

The problem is the type of people who set up mixers.  Most I don't think are in it to help people remain unknown.  They are in it to make money.

If a government shows up asking for IP logs you know they will be turning it over very very quick hoping to not spend a ton in lawyers.

Also biggest concern is they just stop sending out.  Lets say business is slow, they get a big amount to mix.  They run away with it and any smaller ones that were sent before people realized it.

Just a lot of possible bad things.

About IP and Goverment. There is 2 sites at BitcoinMixers.com that need no registrations. Using VPN/proxy you get your adress for sending BTC and using TOR send them and got your new bitcoins. Simple, yeah?

What makes you a expert in this field can I ask?   Tor has had more holes and exploits then I have counted.  As long as there is exit nodes it remains open to possible attacks.   

But why do all this with mixers when mining to a new address is more anonymous?

May 12, 2015, 04:47:35 AM

The problem is the type of people who set up mixers.  Most I don't think are in it to help people remain unknown.  They are in it to make money.

If a government shows up asking for IP logs you know they will be turning it over very very quick hoping to not spend a ton in lawyers.

Also biggest concern is they just stop sending out.  Lets say business is slow, they get a big amount to mix.  They run away with it and any smaller ones that were sent before people realized it.

About IP and Goverment. There is 2 sites at BitcoinMixers.com that need no registrations. Using VPN/proxy you get your adress for sending BTC and using TOR send them and got your new bitcoins. Simple, yeah?

What makes you a expert in this field can I ask?   Tor has had more holes and exploits then I have counted.  As long as there is exit nodes it remains open to possible attacks.   

Tor is good for anonimoty if you configured it well. Almost everything has both pros and cons. It's nearly impossible to get a thing without pros or cons.

If you don't/can't mine, buy newly minted coins with your coins.
legendary
May 11, 2015, 08:51:21 PM

May 11, 2015, 07:38:21 PM

legendary
May 11, 2015, 05:31:47 PM

Activity: 6
May 11, 2015, 02:43:28 PM

exactly! Bitcoin anonymity is very important and need to use good and reliable mixers!
May 11, 2015, 02:18:40 PM
Advertising in this forum is the best way to promote your service.
You can built your own reputation here.

yeah! this forum most popular between bitcoin users!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
May 10, 2015, 08:54:18 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 10, 2015, 08:47:11 AM
The best mixer right now is Monero, a decentralized anonymous blockchain

but you still need to buy it with bitcoin, they could track that, but if you aim at mining it directly, it would be better in anonimity
No, they can't track that. Once you send coins to an exchange and buy into a different coin(s), it's already almost a done deal.
Once you send Monero from the exchange back to your new address, you could send it to another one just to be sure. Tell me exactly how someone could trace this all back to me?

OP, cryptsy doesn't require verification; at least it didn't use to.

only mining offer 100% anon, because you never move anything, you just receive them in exchange of your electricity, all other methods have always a tiny % of being tracked back

i could agree that it will be very difficult in some scenario, like with monero, but it's not impossible, also the monero anon tech(ring signature) itself, isn't 100% anon(isn't based on a zero-knowledge scheme)

p.s. this is a good article https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/wizardry/brs-arbitrary-output-sizes.txt
another good read http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/29471/are-there-any-true-anonymous-cryptocurrencies
legendary
May 10, 2015, 08:39:06 AM
The thing is the exchange would know you came in with x coin at address x, and left with y coin with y address.

If you went to another exchange then changed it again after... maybe more anonymous.  But mining direct into a wallet I think would beat it even on being anonymous.   
So what? If I made another account in 5 days and deposited half of that and bought back BTC it wouldn't be suspicious at all.
The chances of them associating that with me is almost zero.

I'm looking at it as worst case scenario.  Let's say some government agency comes along and ask for the data... if you did just one trade yes you could be known with this.   Likely to happen in most cases?  No it is not, but I'm looking at worst case.

You would be surprised how many things have to turn over things.  Heck even this forum turned over info that was needed about bfl.  I'm sure those most of those users did not think some agency would have their PM's about bfl - http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bitcointalk-court-ordered-to-release-butterfly-labs-messages/31814
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 10, 2015, 08:26:37 AM
The thing is the exchange would know you came in with x coin at address x, and left with y coin with y address.

If you went to another exchange then changed it again after... maybe more anonymous.  But mining direct into a wallet I think would beat it even on being anonymous.   
So what? If I made another account in 5 days and deposited half of that and bought back BTC it wouldn't be suspicious at all.
The chances of them associating that with me is almost zero.
legendary
May 10, 2015, 08:10:27 AM

but you still need to buy it with bitcoin, they could track that, but if you aim at mining it directly, it would be better in anonimity
No, they can't track that. Once you send coins to an exchange and buy into a different coin(s), it's already almost a done deal.
Once you send Monero from the exchange back to your new address, you could send it to another one just to be sure. Tell me exactly how someone could trace this all back to me?

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 10, 2015, 06:43:17 AM

Pages:
Jump to: