Pages:
Author

Topic: About rule 32 - When will it be serious violation? - page 2. (Read 361 times)

staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
Unfortunately, it probably depends on who handles them at the time. If you get the same moderator handling it every single time, they'll probably ping the username in their mind, and be able to act accordingly in the future. However, if you've got multiple moderators handling the reports then things can become a little inconsistent as as moderators we can only act upon what we see, and can verify. Therefore, if one global handled 25%, another global with 25%, and a dedicated moderator 50%, a global isn't going to think too much of it. I know this seems to be in the Gambling section, and therefore the dedicated moderators are global, but there's three of them, so it could equally apply. The above is just an example. In other sections where there's multiple non global dedicated moderators things can start to get really murky depending on who handles it at the time.

Plus, there's the flip side where moderators handle a lot of reports, and pretty much identical reports when it comes to bumping. So, its very easily to forget when you could potentially be handling hundreds of reports every day. Obviously, with the recent decline in reports it's probably not as drastic figures, but you get my point.

I've been utilizing a user script by TryNinja recently. I had a half baked version that I made prior to it, but their version is fully fledged, and pretty much covers all basis'. So, I've started to log certain problem users, for further review down the line if there's other reports made against them. Again, this doesn't really eliminate the issue of multiple moderators handling the reports, but it does eliminate the second issue of forgetting.

Technically, moderators can somewhat verify if another moderator has taken action on the user previously, but I'm not sure if other moderators do this routinely. Especially when it's longer than the data available shows.

That would be my guess of what's happening here. It's not the fact that this wouldn't be taken further, and by taken further I don't mean bans, but could potentially be warnings via personal messages before bans, it's the fact that there's missing parts in the process. It'd be nice if we had a reporting system that highlighted how many times a user had been reported in the past x amount of days, and potentially link to a archived version, but that means storing deleted posts on the live database longer than we probably do right now.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Mate, just go to marketplace I do this constantly every day - gets very tedious !!
The posts get deleted, but then the process repeats itself !!
Post - report- delete- post - report - delete …..ad infinitum !!!
As you say , if members continue to do this over weeks/months/years … is banning an option ? Or should we just let these members carry on !
I’m not sure what the solution is , but as I say it sure is tedious
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
Recently I have reported every user who violated forum rule no 32 to the moderators. There are a lot of users doing it, and all of them are handled good by the moderators.

Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ
32. Posting multiple posts in a row (excluding bumps and reserved posts by the thread starter) is not allowed.

But I was surprised by this one user:

Username: Yurkov
Registration date: February 25, 2013, 12:06:52 AM

The above user violates rule number 32 quite often. Even I have reported it few post but to this day he still repeats it. I've also reported that user's profile to  moderator for review, but as a registered user in 2013 then I don't think it makes sense to be warned too often.

What surprises me is that he continues to do so almost daily for spam posts or burst posts on gambling board. So when will violations like this become so serious?

Pages:
Jump to: