Pages:
Author

Topic: About to get my first .1 Btc. Now what. - page 2. (Read 1555 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
January 29, 2014, 04:24:16 AM
Congratulations on making your first crypt currency. Why not to hold it and make another 0.1 BTC meanwhile?
Activity: 11
January 29, 2014, 12:42:00 AM
I would say just hold onto it for a while, it may be a long-time investment, but it will pay off, literally.

All up to you though!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 28, 2014, 11:51:05 PM
Once I get my first .1 Btc, what can I do to get what I have to grow hopefully grow into 1 BTC.

It is people like you who are driving the bitcoin market more bullish.  But beware of regulation:  it will doom bitcoin in the long run, but in a way regulation is necessary for bitcoin to become mainstream, if you really want it to be a payment system and not just a black market currency or vehicle for speculation.  Bitcoin = bitcon in the long run! :-)

TonyT

Bitcoin “will eventually be made as a payment system, I think, to follow the same standards as the other payment systems, and that will probably be the end of them,” Dimon said Jan. 23 in an interview on CNBC.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-27/new-york-duels-california-to-write-bitcoin-rules.html
Activity: 7
January 28, 2014, 09:34:53 PM
You can skim through this post on alt coins https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-warning-about-alt-coins-199141 but there is a lot of speculation.  LTC is fairly well established and there are many sites accepting it and a few exchanges, but really no one can say if one will take off over the other.  If you want to spend some time trading for fun, I would stick with BTC as the trade volume is high enough you can do many trades in a day and there are well established exchanges out there that you know will not just take your coins and run or 'get hacked' and everyone’s money disappears.  Some of the smaller alt coins have such low trade volume it takes a while for buy and sell orders to go through.
Activity: 56
January 28, 2014, 09:23:29 PM
I'm mostly the type of person that is in this for the fun and maybe get a few $$$ on the side. I can't mine with my laptop so im thinking about playing the market. Maybe investing in some other smaller currency ex. dogecoin because it is worth so little, growing and could easily double. Thoughts, comments?
Activity: 7
January 28, 2014, 09:15:25 PM
If you are asking about how to take the 0.1 you have and somehow earn interest on it there are not really any reliable 'banks' that will just pay you interest to leave your BTC in them.  Your best bet at earning interest on what you already have would be to sign up for a reputable exchange and start playing the market, although that is pretty risky in itself and requires that you follow the price closely.  If you are just trying to store up some BTC as a savings account the easiest way to do that outside of selling some product or service for it is to just buy more of it.
Activity: 56
January 28, 2014, 09:05:41 PM
Once I get my first .1 Btc, what can I do to get what I have to grow hopefully grow into 1 BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: