Pages:
Author

Topic: Accidentally sent BTC to USDT address - page 3. (Read 4687 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
September 04, 2016, 01:38:14 PM
USDT uses the same conversion and checksum of the publickey->address  as bitcoin .
so a keypair for USDT is the same as bitcoin

EG
Private 5abcde -> public 1zxywv for USDT
is also 5abcde -> 1zxywv for bitcoin

poloniex can simply copy USDT private key for public address 1zxywv.. put it into a bitcoin wallet to then see the bitcoin balance of 1zxywv
then poloniex can move the funds back to sender or an address OP desires.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
September 04, 2016, 12:19:12 PM
I have Accidentally deposited BTC from my wallet to my poloniex USDT wallet address there a way i can get back my coins? I have already opened the support ticket which has not been answered yet but the Mod on their troll box is saying that recovery is not possible

maybe you still need to waiting in some few days or if until 3 days you've got no answer then you can send support ticket to poloniex. the support system is very late to respond the ticket but they are helping their member and give the best solutions for the member. just waiting for a while.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2016, 11:30:07 AM
Can anyone help on this matter?
Easy - just send it back.  If you have the private key of the USDT address, then it is a bitcoin address and it holds both bitcoin and USDT.  just do a bitcoin transaction to send bitcoin and sign it with the USDT private key.

If you don't know how to do that, then just import the USDT private key into your favorite wallet.  BAM~ you bitcoin will be there after it syncs.

Yes, so OP just send a support ticket to poloniex, polo will solve this question for OP. OP just be easy, don't worry.

Yes i did that already haven't responded yet so waiting on them, do you know what their average response time?
Their support is preety active and max time to respond keep changing with number of open support tickets. Wait upto 48 hour before sending another support ticket.

I Haven't known that USDT address are just like bitcoin address and the private key of USDT address can be used to do normal bitcoin transaction however you can't get private key of your USDT deposit address in poloniex so you have to wait till support replies, hope you will get your bitcoin backs or get it deposited in your account.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 04, 2016, 04:58:28 AM
Easy - just send it back.  If you have the private key of the USDT address, then it is a bitcoin address and it holds both bitcoin and USDT.  just do a bitcoin transaction to send bitcoin and sign it with the USDT private key.

If you don't know how to do that, then just import the USDT private key into your favorite wallet.  BAM~ you bitcoin will be there after it syncs.

Yes, so OP just send a support ticket to poloniex, polo will solve this question for OP. OP just be easy, don't worry.

Yes i did that already haven't responded yet so waiting on them, do you know what their average response time?
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
September 04, 2016, 04:25:05 AM

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
September 04, 2016, 02:34:10 AM
I have Accidentally deposited BTC from my wallet to my poloniex USDT wallet address there a way i can get back my coins? I have already opened the support ticket which has not been answered yet but the Mod on their troll box is saying that recovery is not possible
Poloniex will definitely fix this.  Those bitcoin are not lost.  The troll box was probably just some asshole messing with you.   

How can you tell that troll box is just messing with him, Poloniex is today a big exchange with responsible in crypto market, I dont think that they will just be making messing with any clients as this will hurt their reputation.
Activity: 874
September 04, 2016, 02:23:46 AM
Poloniex will definitely fix this.  Those bitcoin are not lost.  The troll box was probably just some asshole messing with you.   
Activity: 874
September 04, 2016, 02:22:32 AM

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 04, 2016, 01:33:41 AM
Pages:
Jump to: