Pages:
Author

Topic: Actions against spam translators - page 2. (Read 282 times)

copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
October 13, 2021, 07:12:42 AM
I believe I have already talked about this in the past, but since there has been no clear answer/action taken, I'm bringing this issue up again.

It's a known fact that most of the altcoin bounty projects don't give a unit of fucks when it comes to choosing their bounty participants, creating tons of spam overall on the forum. While most of this spam can easily be reported, and will most likely get removed, it's not so easy when it comes to local translations of ANN threads.

This last case, highly depends on how active the local moderator is, and whether he activaly takes part in the local community. If a report is sent and a Global Mod ends up reading it, in most cases, they "ignore" them because they don't know the language the translation has been done in. Altcoin boards are usually ignored overall for this particular reason, and while ignoring them might be an option, it's not a solution. There's debatively some good content from time to time, and that spam prevents anything from being readable or reachable.

This becomes evident when a single user has sent a huge quantity of translations over a short period of time; but of course every thread should be read before judging it.

I'm bringing this issue up again, because some many months ago I had a rather unpleasant interaction with one of these so called "translators" (reference). In that particular case, some action was taken and a few hundred of his posts/threads were removed. However, that fixed absolutely nothing, as he simply proceeded to create the same threads that had just been removed. When re-reporting the threads, nothing ever happened for the aforementioned reasons (mods not really that active, global mods not knowing what it was about).

Now, I personally think that this kind of threads are a direct violation of forum rules 1 and 27 (kind of obvious). If a number of users are breaking the same rules over and over, why is no action against them taken? Is there an actual way to improve the report information so that global mods do take action? (I'd appreciate the input of GMs here).

PS: I was kind of about to go on another reporting crussade against another one of these translators, but I'd like to be sure about how to do it both efficiently and not wasting any time.
Pages:
Jump to: