Pages:
Author

Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated] - page 11. (Read 629685 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Interesting read regarding Bitcoin scams. ActiveMining, Labcoin and Icedrill are all mentioned!

http://fc15.ifca.ai/preproceedings/paper_75.pdf

In addition to gathering data directly from the blockchain, we also analyze scams
that raise funds through selling shares. We gather the share holdings from BitFunder and
cross list that with cost of the shares from announcements on bitcointalk.org.
For each scam, we omit the top holding who we verify is the scammer in all instances.

It's a nice read...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
https://karatcoin.co
Interesting read regarding Bitcoin scams. ActiveMining, Labcoin and Icedrill are all mentioned!

http://fc15.ifca.ai/preproceedings/paper_75.pdf
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
save your API key
then you can look at your history without the website
read the CT page on how to do it (its long)

EDIT- appears that crypto-trade has been bought out and will re-open in 3 months.
I'd back stuff up anyway.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
Screencaps are meaningless and could be faked by anyone with basic HTML skills.
Remember how long it took Ethan (Burnside) to wind down BTCT.co?  

TL;DR: There's basically nothing you can do without Ken's/CryptoTrade's help.  Forget about it.
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Could you ELI5 as to how to do this please?
Or are you simply saying save your API key?

I actually screen-shotted my account details the other day too as I thought this might be imminent....

Tell me about it!!!
Thank you

So If I get this correctly list of shareholders are now only at crypto-trade right? because some one on other thread just pointed out that they are shutting down. So you probably should do some backups of list ASAP

True fact Cheesy
From their (expired cert) site:
Important Announcement!

Due to very low volume and lack of good userbase, Crypto-Trade has decided to shutdown permanently due to inability to cover its expenditures on rented servers , staff salary and site promotion. All the users are requested to withdraw their funds within 48 hours.The site will continue to process pending withdrawals till our private wallet is empty. The site will go offline on 29th January 6:00 UTC.

What should we do? Print Screen of Crypto Trade?

Save your API.
I was actually worrying about this happening last week, actually expecting kenny to go to CT and ask for the listing to be closed, but I guess he doesn't need to. I contacted Shawn Hagerty to confirm if saved API is sufficient to prove ownership of shares but he has not gotten back yet. I had already given him a list of how many shares I own and where I bought them/how much I paid...

this whole fiasco has driven me crazy, to drink, and back again. what a ball of crap!
legendary
Ad maiora!
So If I get this correctly list of shareholders are now only at crypto-trade right? because some one on other thread just pointed out that they are shutting down. So you probably should do some backups of list ASAP

True fact Cheesy
Important Announcement!

Due to very low volume and lack of good userbase, Crypto-Trade has decided to shutdown permanently due to inability to cover its expenditures on rented servers , staff salary and site promotion. All the users are requested to withdraw their funds within 48 hours.The site will continue to process pending withdrawals till our private wallet is empty. The site will go offline on 29th January 6:00 UTC.

Save your API.
I was actually worrying about this happening last week, actually expecting kenny to go to CT and ask for the listing to be closed, but I guess he doesn't need to. I contacted Shawn Hagerty to confirm if saved API is sufficient to prove ownership of shares but he has not gotten back yet. I had already given him a list of how many shares I own and where I bought them/how much I paid...

this whole fiasco has driven me crazy, to drink, and back again. what a ball of crap!
Activity: 658
decentralize EVERYTHING...
the shit show is finally winding down...

now all that's needed is final confirmation that slaughter is flat broke.

closure.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100

True fact Cheesy
Important Announcement!

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

True fact Cheesy
Important Announcement!

Activity: 656
Activity: 518
Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

Followed up with Mr. Hagerty, he had the following to say:

• Kenneth Slaughter no longer has counsel, his attorney withdrew
  • Slaughter has been uncooperative with the MSD investigation and absent from scheduled meetings/hearings
  • Because of his non-compliance, he has lost the privilege to an appeal for the cease and desist order
  • Hagerty will recommend to his superiors at the MSD that enforcement and restitution occur
  • If the Commissioners feel that restitution is necessary Slaughter will have the right to a hearing if he schedules in a timely manner

here is Shawn Hagerty's contact info for a more thorough explanation:

Shawn Hagerty
Investigator
Missouri Secretary of State, Securities Division
600 W. Main St., Box 1276
Jefferson City, MO  65102
573-526-3901

Thanks for this information.

All points are in Ken-Like Fashion it seems.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Seems pretty good with bitcoin (except for the 600 left on Gox). All the rest went from "investors" and "customers" to him with very little effort.

"Oops I accidentally 600 BTC, because Gox" is a pretty good cover story.  That happens to everybody.

Maybe those 600 coins are our best bet to get anything back at all. I mean MtGox finds occasionally some wallet worth millions behind the sofa cushion so if things went through with mtgox then those 600 coins might be the only source of repayment we could hope for. At least i think the chance of mtgox paying back a noteworthy portion is higher than ken paying back something. Ken himself most probably doesnt have much to seize.

Remember that MtGox database leak from awhile back? Well there were never any matching accounts with the same balance KS stated ActM held on the exchange. I suppose maybe he could have been lying and he actually held 1200 coins there, or more than likely, 0.

Might be that he had different accounts on gox or he held an amount in fiat there so that he calculated it back to BTC. Or he remembered wrong because he already sold more than that. Anyway... its quite possible that it was only an excuse. "MtGox did make us go down. Not iam." Or so.

Seems pretty good with bitcoin (except for the 600 left on Gox). All the rest went from "investors" and "customers" to him with very little effort.

"Oops I accidentally 600 BTC, because Gox" is a pretty good cover story.  That happens to everybody.

Maybe those 600 coins are our best bet to get anything back at all. I mean MtGox finds occasionally some wallet worth millions behind the sofa cushion so if things went through with mtgox then those 600 coins might be the only source of repayment we could hope for. At least i think the chance of mtgox paying back a noteworthy portion is higher than ken paying back something. Ken himself most probably doesnt have much to seize.

I'm pretty sure the customers who put those 600 coins there and didn't get any machines would be ahead of you in the line (if the coins ever existed and they get returned.)

I think that depends on what happened. If Ken only is a bad businessman then this might right. He collected usermoney for hardware and has to deliver. Investments are risky and no one has a right on a insured return.
But maybe things did not run that clear how Ken seems to claim. If its some kind of fraud then we all gave money in to a fraud and customers and investors would be on the same level of being eligible for compensation.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

I'm pretty sure the customers who put those 600 coins there and didn't get any machines would be ahead of you in the line (if the coins ever existed and they get returned.)
Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

Remember that MtGox database leak from awhile back? Well there were never any matching accounts with the same balance KS stated ActM held on the exchange. I suppose maybe he could have been lying and he actually held 1200 coins there, or more than likely, 0.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Good! Kenny has basically admitted guilt and shown the board that he is wholly irresponsible to his shareholders. Please sizes his assets!

Lol if he has anything left

If he is as bad with his current assets as he is with Bitcoin then there is nothing to seize

legendary
Ad maiora!
Ken Slaughter = Mark Kerpeles
lol. kenny is the real DPR? I doubt it, silk road was a well run tight ship, most orders went through. It was run by very competent criminals. That is NOT kenny's MO. He is an incompetent criminal
Activity: 658
decentralize EVERYTHING...
Ken Slaughter = Mark Kerpeles
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Good! Kenny has basically admitted guilt and shown the board that he is wholly irresponsible to his shareholders. Please sizes his assets!

Lol if he has anything left

If he is as bad with his current assets as he is with Bitcoin then there is nothing to seize
Pages:
Jump to: