Pages:
Author

Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated] - page 6. (Read 629685 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Here's something that's either funny or not: Active Mining is still being traded on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/56
Though the last trade was in February, there's still an order book, with buy & sell orders and everything Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009
Ad maiora!
I just hope there is something left for disgorgement. Doubt it but still hope. Anything would be a miracle.
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
legendary
Ad maiora!
https://coinreport.net/activemining-corporation-ordered-to-pay-state-of-missouri/
Check this out! "Going to the federal level" next. Meaning kslaughter pays up or goes to prison.
Looks like zumzero is getting his 15 minutes of fame, the loser.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
so many thieves, non-the-less , victims will get good deeds from the criminal, or criminals will get bad deeds from the victim. "in the after life judgement day"

well, the wealth you will get in afterlife will be beneficial , that's only if you are following the true religion, must i say "islam"
if not, then lost in both worlds.

Lately this forum looks a bit like the playing ground for a missionary war.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
so many thieves, non-the-less , victims will get good deeds from the criminal, or criminals will get bad deeds from the victim. "in the after life judgement day"

well, the wealth you will get in afterlife will be beneficial , that's only if you are following the true religion, must i say "islam"
if not, then lost in both worlds.
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
If your best is just crap, you haven't even lied to anyone!

Except he did lie, multiple times. See page 11-14: http://www.sos.mo.gov/securities/orders/AP-14-09b.pdf

Thus, a 'scam.'
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
myBitcoin.Garden
To cry all is scam is proposterous.  Please please please learn to differentiate between colloquial terminology and true definition.

Stop beating a dead horse. There is not a single proof that Ken actually tried to make a custom chip except a useless NDA. Since he never tried to create a custom chip this qualifies under a scam from day 1. Have you read the IntelliHash description? That's something that's simply not possible. It's the best argument for naming this a scam. No chip get run faster than it was designed for. Ken was implying that chips will run faster as difficulty was rising. I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E shit!

It's incredibly difficult to prove that someone didn't have the intention of doing something. You can always go and collect money, promising to "do your best building whatever". If your best is just crap, you haven't even lied to anyone!

The infrequency of coherent posts such as this one suggest this space is not for the level headed long term investor type such as myself. Beautifully summarised ensu, and totally nails my thought process.

"do your best building whatever"

Ken was unsuccessful in his attempt to win over.  His greatest mistake was not producing a low level chip quickly and cheaply to sow all those early bitcoins.  He can not be faulted for thinking big though and it's a great dilema that not all of us would do well if we had to chose.  But then again, none of us had to.   All we had to do was bitch and moan and row and scream and bitch and moan again. The American Nightmare. Pfft.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250

This should be the title of Ken's memoirs.
Or whats written on his tombstone,
whichever comes first (I'm betting tombstone)

I guess that goes for a lot of (former) mining hardware sellers...
legendary
Ad maiora!

This should be the title of Ken's memoirs.
Or whats written on his tombstone,
whichever comes first (I'm betting tombstone)
Activity: 518
Trust me!
To cry all is scam is proposterous.  Please please please learn to differentiate between colloquial terminology and true definition.

Stop beating a dead horse. There is not a single proof that Ken actually tried to make a custom chip except a useless NDA. Since he never tried to create a custom chip this qualifies under a scam from day 1. Have you read the IntelliHash description? That's something that's simply not possible. It's the best argument for naming this a scam. No chip get run faster than it was designed for. Ken was implying that chips will run faster as difficulty was rising. I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E shit!

It's incredibly difficult to prove that someone didn't have the intention of doing something. You can always go and collect money, promising to "do your best building whatever". If your best is just crap, you haven't even lied to anyone!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
So does anybody believe that there is a real chance to get something back thats worth mentioning?

There is always the chance he never spent any Bitcoins and has several thousands stashed away somewhere.
If we could be reasonably certain this was the case and that recovery was possible, I would certainly fly over to the states to launch a case against him.
I am sure everyone else would join me.

It's just proving that he still has the coins, that's is the problem.

I am 98% sure he is a fuckwit that lost the whole lot through his stupid decisions.
I am 2% sure he stole the whole lot and has a wallet somewhere with them all ready for retirement.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
what trial? he has been issued fines by the Missouri securities division. If he fails to pay these fines I guess he will be criminally charged. white collar jail.

as far as shareholders being compensated, I'm not entirely up on American law, but as far as I know, this is a civil matter, and shareholders will have to launch a class action. The probability of winning this type of action is pretty good considering the findings of the MSD, he has basically been found guilty by them, so it is merely a matter of getting a lawyer to drag it through the courts and the lawyer taking most of the money, if there is any to be found.

On the bright side, at least Kenny is having his life ruined.

I could be wrong about these details, like I said, I am not familiar with American law, but as far as I know, it works as explained above. If someone has better knowledge please correct me.

The thing is... i believe there is nothing to gain anymore financially. At least nothing that would be worth putting time and lawyer cost into it. The maximum would be to get him fined if we can prove he scammed us. Its already on the way right?

So as long as there isnt the chance to get at least a reasonable amount of compensation i would be ok he gets to jail. At least if he scammed us. If proven innocent then so be it.

So does anybody believe that there is a real chance to get something back thats worth mentioning?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
Starting to look like Ken has played this process, very much to his advantage. I dont see anything that comes close to 'justice', here.  Angry   
legendary
Ad maiora!

As for the MSD orders, the order of disgorgement is a bit misleading. The funds resulting from disgorgement would go to investors. We just don't know what is left at this point or where Ken is.

Below is my most recent e-mail from Shawn over at the MSD. He was responding to my inquiry of shareholder reimbursement:

The Final Order against Mr. Slaughter imposed Disgorgement of any profits.

If and/or when any Disgorgement is received, that would be paid to investors.

Thanks,

Shawn

I will follow up with him and let you guys know what I find.

Thanks.
"if and/or when" that doesn't sound too definite. what exactly is a disgorgement anyways? seeing as how ken has refused to co-operate thus far, what sort of legal powers do the MSD have to move in and seize assets? he does own a house...that's something...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
To cry all is scam is proposterous.
Why are you still here?

This thread should be solely for investors seeking (as if there's a chance!) some form of recompense.

Yet you persist on trying to distract with your he-was-incompetent-these-things-happen-let's-move-on BS.

Why is that?  How long will it last?

It's like you are doing it on purpose.

Some people never change or learn for that matter
Activity: 532
https://karatcoin.co
To cry all is scam is proposterous.  Please please please learn to differentiate between colloquial terminology and true definition.  The language barrier created by North American culture is tough enough as it is for the rest of the world without falling prey to such slack generalization.  We invested in a buisness which failed.  The operator of that buisness was incompetent and that is the sole reason for it's failure.  Man landed on the Moon.  The Twin Towers event was an act of terrorism.  Ken did not scam.  There was zero premeditation, more an unraveling of gross error.  When are you guys gonna' get it?

Edit; How long, I wonder, before the diehards criticize Haggerty for being as unreliable as Ken?  Makes you think, eh?  Give someone a bow and arrow and they'll find some target.  Not I.   Undecided

http://youtu.be/rVXy1OhaERY

We are way past semantic arguments. A court of law has now ruled on this matter. You are welcome to read the ruling if you want to discover where all Ken violated the law, mislead investors, and now has avoided court and lost his legal counsel.

I know it's easier to think that you weren't duped, and I'm not saying you were, but it really doesn't matter what you want to call it at this point.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
To cry all is scam is proposterous.
Why are you still here?

This thread should be solely for investors seeking (as if there's a chance!) some form of recompense.

Yet you persist on trying to distract with your he-was-incompetent-these-things-happen-let's-move-on BS.

Why is that?  How long will it last?

It's like you are doing it on purpose.
Activity: 602
myBitcoin.Garden
To cry all is scam is proposterous.  Please please please learn to differentiate between colloquial terminology and true definition.  The language barrier created by North American culture is tough enough as it is for the rest of the world without falling prey to such slack generalization.  We invested in a buisness which failed.  The operator of that buisness was incompetent and that is the sole reason for it's failure.  Man landed on the Moon.  The Twin Towers event was an act of terrorism.  Ken did not scam.  There was zero premeditation, more an unraveling of gross error.  When are you guys gonna' get it?

Edit; How long, I wonder, before the diehards criticize Haggerty for being as unreliable as Ken?  Makes you think, eh?  Give someone a bow and arrow and they'll find some target.  Not I.   Undecided

http://youtu.be/rVXy1OhaERY
Pages:
Jump to: