Pages:
Author

Topic: Actually the bitcoin market is very small - page 2. (Read 4182 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I guess we will need to wait and see what will happen. Couple more halvings and situation will be more clear. If btc price rise enough we can expect much larger market cap.. logical. And bitcoin is going up, that is visible, altcoins follow. So iy reasonable to assume that btc market will grow, and from small rise to big. Its just a question of time.

Well, the market capitalization as I said doesn't really matter as right now bitcoin is the no. 1 cryptocurrency by volume by a long margin. And it's measured in USD as well, which is highly unstable.

But if the price goes really high, then obviously the market cap will increase alongside it.
Activity: 588
I don't really know who small is bitcoin market but i am satisfied, people sometimes want more that they need, but who knows maybe somebody want to increase market.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
In this current moment you are right. But bitcoin market is growing together with price for bitcoin. And as we all know that nowadays bitcoin is rising day by day. I expect it will cross the point of 600 $ per 1 BTC soon. So rising of bitcoin market depends only from the time.

I dont understand you, Its price is $645 just now.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
You could definitely say that the bitcoin market is tiny, however you've got to also take into account that it's actually the largest market cap in the cryptocurrency world at the moment by a definitive margin.

Ethereum is coming second but... I don't see why it would ever be first.
There are around 15.5 million btc in the world and 1 btc costs 456 USD.
So all the bitcoins cost around 7 billion USD.
I think that after 21M btc mining will stop (it isn`t very profitable anyway)
7 billion USD is very small and  i don`t think that it will increase soon.
All those "Will bitcoin be the new world currency" threads are totally stupid.
Thats just my opinion... Grin

Certainly bitcoin market cap is very small at the moment, but that means that it's unsustainably small and it'll need to be adjusted sooner or later to a larger capitalization over the market.

Also just because something has a small cap doesn't mean it doesn't have potential.
In this current moment you are right. But bitcoin market is growing together with price for bitcoin. And as we all know that nowadays bitcoin is rising day by day. I expect it will cross the point of 600 $ per 1 BTC soon. So rising of bitcoin market depends only from the time.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
For me even tho bitcoins have bitcoin cap of 21Million bitcoins it is not the same as its price.Its price doesnt have a particular cap and can go up to its highest price every year or lets say every halving.If there where 21million bitcoins and its price is not stable and kts price is rising its market value will be bigger also
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
I guess we will need to wait and see what will happen. Couple more halvings and situation will be more clear. If btc price rise enough we can expect much larger market cap.. logical. And bitcoin is going up, that is visible, altcoins follow. So iy reasonable to assume that btc market will grow, and from small rise to big. Its just a question of time.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
The price of bitcoin is volatile, i mean it is around $460 now but in the future when the mining will definitively stop it may increase to $4k then to $40k... etc, then we will not talk about bitcoin but about satoshi costs $1 or $10 or even making a new units under satoshi.
Just to tell you that the limit in mining will make bitcoin much important  Wink
None of us will be alive when mining stops... So, why talk about it?
Mining would not stop, even though after the halving the mining difficulty increases, but with the current price they can still operate profitably. There is nothing to panic actually as the price of bitcoins is back with real demands of the masses.
Activity: 420
Its only your thinking. I have seen many people who are living with this currency. Its only depend on you what you think about. For those who bitcoin is profitable, they like it. I like it too. You should think again about it ! Always deserve and hoop for good. Smiley
yeah really agree with many people living in bitcoin, and bitcoin turnaround in very large? almost even millions of dollars per year? and you know the turnaround in bitcoin market is larger than western union
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The price of bitcoin is volatile, i mean it is around $460 now but in the future when the mining will definitively stop it may increase to $4k then to $40k... etc, then we will not talk about bitcoin but about satoshi costs $1 or $10 or even making a new units under satoshi.
Just to tell you that the limit in mining will make bitcoin much important  Wink
None of us will be alive when mining stops... So, why talk about it?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Will maybe the bitcoin market is very small now, but I believe it will be big soon. I think that 2 years after now many people will be interested in bitcoin and many will start to use it, then the bitcoin market will get big by that time.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Hire me for your campaign management.
It is currently the start of bitcoin, and as soon the interest of people increase in bitcoin and they start to accept it for their uses the number of bitcoin will also be increased as at that time there will be more miners and the mining process will be more faster, and the other thing is that if the number of bitcoins is limited then the price will touch the moon at the time when bitcoin will be world currency.
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold
I agree with you that bitcoin market is so small comparing with other stock markets. and that is because bitcoin is still new and most of the world did not use it yet. but in the future more people will use it and this will rise the market value and the price as well.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
The Bitcoin community (users, speculators, merchants etc) isn't actually that big. There is probably a lot less than 5 million people using/holding Bitcoin which means a market cap of 9 Billion is not bad at all.

There are only around 100,000 active users of Bitcoin. And the number of people holding significant amounts of BTC (say more than BTC0.100) may be more or less equal to that number. This number has remained stable ever since 2014. Some of the guys have dumped their coins and moved on, while newer users have moved to fill in the gaps left by others.
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
That sounds pretty awesome for a brand new currency in circulation. Imagine what it will be in another 20-25 years.
Well, for a currency that basically came into existence 7 years ago and is now worth a total of $9.1b dollars for the current coins in existence, you better bet your ass it's impressive. 20-25 years is basically 3x as long as Bitcoin has been alive, and so as long as the community keeps growing and people remain involved, we'll hopefully see astronomical market cap values.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
That sounds pretty awesome for a brand new currency in circulation. Imagine what it will be in another 20-25 years.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
There are around 15.5 million btc in the world and 1 btc costs 456 USD.
So all the bitcoins cost around 7 billion USD.
I think that after 21M btc mining will stop (it isn`t very profitable anyway)
7 billion USD is very small and  i don`t think that it will increase soon.
All those "Will bitcoin be the new world currency" threads are totally stupid.
Thats just my opinion... Grin

Bro for me even if it is very small theres no difference in earning because here even if it is small. Small funds can you start it in big you need billion to start in earning. And dont dare to say that if this is small it cant be grown up because if all small will join together theres no small there. My point is how about others they start at small and now they are too big so dont say that this coin wouldnt be the new world currency and they are not stupid they just saying the possibility that this coin can be.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Yes the market is small, and so are the users. Not many people even know about bitcoin only a small portion of world population uses bitcoin on a daily basis. So its not a surprising news that the market is small.
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Because there will be so few bitcoins and there are lots that are lost, the value of each bitcoin could stay high if there is a demand for them. It just needs to catch on more to make sure that enough people around the world will want to own a little.
Pages:
Jump to: