Pages:
Author

Topic: Adoption Over Bull Run - page 5. (Read 989 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
July 26, 2019, 09:21:07 AM
I see a lot of people complaining about the volatility of crypto market with the prices of all their altcoins have reducing drastically, and they hope for the bull run to come and everything should increase. I think that the bull run is not the best solution to the volatility of the crypto market, but adoption.

The best and main solution to the volatility of the crypto market is real world adoption. There are alot of cryptocurrency project that are very good and innovative but are not yet adopted that people outside the crypto space (which is a few percentage of the world economy), therefore there value is subjected to the market changes. But if they get adopted by the real world and there token value is based on the real economy (i.e daily usage by people) then the value would be on the increase regardless of whether the market is bullish or bearish.
Investors wants price to keep increase.

Enthusiast wants price to settle at some range to use them as currency which is the thing can make adoption possible.

So this litereally depends on the people how they see crypto currency.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 252
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
July 26, 2019, 09:18:12 AM
OP is not far from the truth but i doubt if many in the crypto sphere are in for adoption, many in the crypto sphere are only here for profit and nothing more and the real world have little or no knowledge about the use of decentralization and crypto to solve real life problem.

but in my opinion, a lot of financial services and governments already learn about blockchain technology, i read it on several online media about blockhain
and facebook a large social media company will create libra as their cryptocurrency
thats really a big sign if mass adoptions on crypto world already on the way my friend
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
July 26, 2019, 09:11:01 AM
OP is not far from the truth but i doubt if many in the crypto sphere are in for adoption, many in the crypto sphere are only here for profit and nothing more and the real world have little or no knowledge about the use of decentralization and crypto to solve real life problem.

There are two type of participants within the crypto sphere :

1*   : Startups and investors with longterm plans, who think crypto will play an important part in the years to follow. They tend to have multi-year strategies in place.
2** : Day traders and speculators that are far more focussed on shortterm price movements

*   hamstringed by a lack of clear regulation and are therefore forced to move at slow speed
** hamstringed by the fact that this is a relative new market that can be easily moved by information (hype / hacks / new information) and on which technical analysis do not
     work as well as for example on stock markets
Activity: 686
Merit: 45
July 26, 2019, 09:09:46 AM
I agree with the thread starter here. But if crypto wants to go mainstream it needs to become as easy to use as fiat money. Unfortunately that is not the case. People are all about usability. They no longer wanted to stand in line in banks so banks created credit cards. Now it takes too long to use standard credit cards so banks created contactless credit cards.
This is the road the crypto needs to take, make it easier and cheaper for the regular Joe to possess crypto currencies.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
July 26, 2019, 08:55:19 AM
they're interconnected and both of them need be taken into consideration. bull run in a way attracts people to crypto space which can escalate adoption in a way. but when you're talking about adoption, you have to consider different people and their needs when speaking of adoption/bullrun. One can help other in many ways but one without the other can have implications that can slow it down.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
July 26, 2019, 08:43:23 AM
Activity: 199
Merit: 2
July 26, 2019, 08:41:38 AM
I see a lot of people complaining about the volatility of crypto market with the prices of all their altcoins have reducing drastically, and they hope for the bull run to come and everything should increase. I think that the bull run is not the best solution to the volatility of the crypto market, but adoption.

The best and main solution to the volatility of the crypto market is real world adoption. There are alot of cryptocurrency project that are very good and innovative but are not yet adopted that people outside the crypto space (which is a few percentage of the world economy), therefore there value is subjected to the market changes. But if they get adopted by the real world and there token value is based on the real economy (i.e daily usage by people) then the value would be on the increase regardless of whether the market is bullish or bearish.

I love this post and this is something that not all bag holders see. A lot of people only care about getting ROI and I definitely agree that adoption is what we needed to get to the level that we wanted. There has been a lot of efforts done, like Justin Sun's plan to have lunch with Warren Buffet to change his mind about how crypto is (I think it was cancelled though), companies that introduce their products to companies that involve blockchain technology to help mass adoption, and many more. There are also big headlines such as major companies accepting crypto now as payment like AT&T, etc.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
July 26, 2019, 08:36:45 AM
I agree that we need adoption over bull runs, here are some interesting articles by one of the crypto projects that is focussed
specifically on adoption by addressing speed & cheap costs of transactions, ease of use, and using switching incentives :

https://dashnews.org/ryan-taylor-dapi-to-solve-key-business-adoption-barrier-for-cryptocurrency/
https://dashnews.org/dashs-ryan-taylor-bitcoin-screwed-up-all-three-requirements-for-mass-adoption/
10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
July 26, 2019, 08:32:45 AM
volatility disappears only when we will have a huge market capitalization. with large capitalization, it will be impossible or very difficult to manipulate
Activity: 372
Merit: 11
elysian.finance
July 26, 2019, 08:20:27 AM

Pages:
Jump to: