Pages:
Author

Topic: advice about wallets - page 3. (Read 1002 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 07:41:54 AM
For bitcoin and ethereum, it is generally advised to use hardware wallet if you have large amount of bitcoin or ethereum, after that my ether wallet is good wallet or you can look at mobile wallet too but neither of them can be completely safe.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
September 21, 2017, 07:41:35 AM
what are the most trusted wallets for btc and eth

For bitcoin, I have used Electrum and so far this is the most trusted and safest wallet out there besides the Core wallet. However, Electrum is very fast and lightweight as well. You do not need to download the whole blockchain to be able to used it. And fees can be adjusted dynamically. So you have options to adjust it depending on your needs. And for your protection, you need to backup your seeds and private keys just in case something went awry on your laptop or PC.

For ETH - Jaxx wallet supports both ETH and BTC, however, there have been issues lately on Jaxx so I stop using it. I have tried MEW(MyEtherWallet) so far I haven't had anything bad to say about it. But just like any other wallet, backup is needed as well.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 21, 2017, 07:33:34 AM
There are no trusted wallets. You see, just stick to this simply rule. "not your private keys, not your money. your private keys, your money". You're probably good to go with wallets that provides you your own private keys, such as coinomi, jaxx, mycelium and others. You want extra secure? Use a hardware wallets (trezor, ledger nano, keepkey). The most secure one one would be a paper wallet, print it and store it in a secure location. Done!
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
September 21, 2017, 07:23:43 AM
For bitcoin Electrum.
For Ethereum Parity.
If you want to have same for both, Exodus.

If you want web wallet,
Coinbase for bitcoin.
Myethwallet for ethereum.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 07:21:32 AM
You can use any of the wallet like coinbase or xappo or blockchain which are associated with 2factor authentication and google authenticator is a good choice which takes access after putting code from authenticator.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
September 21, 2017, 07:03:58 AM
read this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151 for some details on bitcoin wallets. as a starter i suggest using something simple like Electrum. it is fast to sync and easy to use with a good documentation.

for ETH, there are a couple which you can find on their website. there is also myetherwallet and blockchain.info as web wallet.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
September 21, 2017, 07:03:14 AM
To stored my bitcoin I use paper wallets only. Most of my holding in bitcoin are long term, so I have transfeered them int paper wallet and kept them in a safe. Regarding Etherium and ETH based other tokens, I use myetherwallet. Its the best out there till now
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 21, 2017, 06:58:58 AM
what are the most trusted wallets for btc and eth
Pages:
Jump to: